Notices
Trip Planning Florida Florida Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 24 Jul 18, 01:57 PM  
Link to this Post
thatdavieguy
Imagineer

Originally Posted by thefergies View Post
Can I ask who that is with? Is it one stop gla-phil-mco?
Can book it via BA but it's operated by American Airlines, one stop.

Flight out from Glasgow around 10.40am and into orlando around 6.30pm as a domestic passenger.

Flight back is early afternoon from Orlando but you get into Glasgow around 7am.
Old 24 Jul 18, 02:50 PM  
Link to this Post
Monolith
Excited about Disney

Mobile

Originally Posted by Moz View Post
Freaky timing logging on and seeing this... I have just been searching these routes and sent a screenshot to the wife showing her the prices...!

Priced up Glasgow via Gatwick to MCO on June 18th... returning same route on July 9th

2a and 2c coming in at £1780 wih baggage... some Avios points used takes it to £1421

£1421 seems good to me... but we arent meant to be going next year...! ... we are only just back one week and now looking at 2020
If you’re needing car hire whilst there can I recommend checking what the ba holidays price is for the same flights and car. This time in 2016 I booked for May last year.

The flights were £1700

The flights and car hire £1555

Yes it was less.

Always good to check.
Monolith is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Jul 18, 03:25 PM  
Link to this Post
Moz
Imagineer

Moz's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
Originally Posted by Monolith View Post
If you’re needing car hire whilst there can I recommend checking what the ba holidays price is for the same flights and car. This time in 2016 I booked for May last year.

The flights were £1700

Yes it was less.

Always good to check.
Cheers, I did try car hire as well and the difference was more than I would expect to pay with Alamo direct, will keep looking though... !
Moz is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Jul 18, 07:24 PM  
Link to this Post
DexterDog
Earning More Ears

Yeah that's how much we were as well from 27th June to 11th July. Coming in cheaper than flying direct from Manchester so we thought we would give it a go! Crazy thing is it is actually more expensive flying direct from Gatwick without the transfer from Glasgow? That's a brilliant price for your dates with the points. Why wait until 2020!
DexterDog is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Jul 18, 07:27 PM  
Link to this Post
DexterDog
Earning More Ears

Originally Posted by Monolith View Post

The flights were £1700

Yes it was less.

Always good to check.
Yeah we booked the car as well but didnt work out cheaper than flights unfortunately! However the same car that we got for £350 was working out at £600 if we booked separately so cant complain :-)
DexterDog is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Jul 18, 09:31 PM  
Link to this Post
dannigizmo
Serious Dibber

we have done fly drive with BA 5 times and had no issues at all and yes once i got the flight and car cheaper than the flights alone lol!

Did Gla-Gtw-Tampa last year and was great. Back to MCO in sept.

Aye hard on way back esp with late return to ggw but not enough to stop me booking and saving. Spent 4 hours at Gatwick at BLOC hotel as return to ggw wasnt till 2pm was great couple hrs kip watch bit telly then back on flight to ggw... actually helped as we didnt get into 4pm so stopped me sleeping too much when home and went to bed at normal time. Go for it!
dannigizmo is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Jul 18, 01:12 AM  
Link to this Post
Kathleen74
Excited about Disney

Mobile

We flew this route 1-15th July this year and had no issues. It was an early start but meant we landed into MCO about 3pm. We opted for the return leg via Philadelphia to avoid long wait in Gatwick which worked well for us- we arrived into Glasgow at 7am with a short wait in Phl ( we only had to walk from one gate to another and no security to go through). I would of preferred Phl on the way out if price was better.
Kathleen74 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Jul 18, 08:04 AM  
Link to this Post
Philma
I want to go now!

Mobile

We are doing this from Edin in September. Is it a bit easier if we pay the £5 for premium security at Gatwick?
Philma is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Jul 18, 08:08 AM  
Link to this Post
Rescuer
VIP Dibber

Rescuer's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 6
Mobile

Originally Posted by Philma View Post
We are doing this from Edin in September. Is it a bit easier if we pay the £5 for premium security at Gatwick?
We found Gatwick security to be very fast in comparison to Edinburgh.