Notices
Trip Planning Florida Florida Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 24 Jul 18, 08:55 PM  
Link to this Post
-kat-
Apprentice Imagineer

Question Wifi on BA...

Hey there guys, I know BA are currently updating their long haul fleet to have a wifi, but I was just wondering if any of you happen to know if the planes from Gat - Mco have it yet?
Glenbrook Villa & Animal Kingdom Lodge 2007, Animal Kingdom Lodge 2009, Animal Kingdom Lodge 2011, Animal Kingdom Lodge & The Polynesian 2014, The Wedding Pavilion & The Polynesian 2016, Animal Kingdom Lodge & The Disney Dream & The Yacht Club 2018, The Disney Dream & Animal Kingdom Lodge club level 2019,
-kat- is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Jul 18, 09:16 PM  
Link to this Post
scooby99
Imagineer

Doubt it; I believe the LHR routes will have this rolled out first (as with all enhancements, upgrades, refurbs etc)
The LGW leisure routes are usually the last in the queue.

Edited at 09:17 PM.
scooby99 is online now Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Jul 18, 09:26 PM  
Link to this Post
-kat-
Apprentice Imagineer

...thanks
Glenbrook Villa & Animal Kingdom Lodge 2007, Animal Kingdom Lodge 2009, Animal Kingdom Lodge 2011, Animal Kingdom Lodge & The Polynesian 2014, The Wedding Pavilion & The Polynesian 2016, Animal Kingdom Lodge & The Disney Dream & The Yacht Club 2018, The Disney Dream & Animal Kingdom Lodge club level 2019,
-kat- is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Jul 18, 09:43 PM  
Link to this Post
Peko
Imagineer

To my knowledge there are currently 3 long haul BA aircraft operating out of LGW with WiFi available to passengers (one of which is actually an LHR aircraft but “helping out” at LGW). However, 2 out of 3 are 4-class aircraft and therefore less likely to be used for the MCO route.

If your flight is soon, it’s a possibility but I wouldn’t count on it. As time passes and WiFi comes to more of the fleet, your chances go up.
Peko is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Jul 18, 09:56 PM  
Link to this Post
Katnic1
Imagineer

Do all the LHR flights have WiFi? We are doing the Miami route in August. We fly out with AA and that does have wifi but are flying home Ona BA 747.
Katnic1 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Jul 18, 10:00 PM  
Link to this Post

We are flying out with AA on 18 Aug.. would be nice to know for sure.
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Jul 18, 10:08 PM  
Link to this Post
-kat-
Apprentice Imagineer

Originally Posted by Peko View Post
To my knowledge there are currently 3 long haul BA aircraft operating out of LGW with WiFi available to passengers (one of which is actually an LHR aircraft but “helping out” at LGW). However, 2 out of 3 are 4-class aircraft and therefore less likely to be used for the MCO route.

If your flight is soon, it’s a possibility but I wouldn’t count on it. As time passes and WiFi comes to more of the fleet, your chances go up.
Thanks for that! I have hope ...our flight is in precisely 67 days so here's hoping! Ideally both our flights will have it as I'm missing 2 F1 races due to travelling ...I don't know whose idea it was to book us on Sunday flights
Old 24 Jul 18, 10:09 PM  
Link to this Post
Katnic1
Imagineer

Originally Posted by AntWillAll View Post
We are flying out with AA on 18 Aug.. would be nice to know for sure.
Download the aa app. It shows the WiFi symbol next to your booking if you have it.
Katnic1 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Jul 18, 10:34 PM  
Link to this Post
Peko
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Katnic1 View Post
Do all the LHR flights have WiFi? We are doing the Miami route in August. We fly out with AA and that does have wifi but are flying home Ona BA 747.
No, not all BA’s LHR aircraft have WiFi and you are not likely to get lucky on the MIA route. The 747s with WiFi currently operational (10 of them) rarely, if ever, operate the MIA route. Equipment changes are always a possibility, but your chances are low.
Peko is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Jul 18, 08:06 AM  
Link to this Post
NewtoOrlando
VIP Dibber

NewtoOrlando's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
Mobile

I'm quite happy to have a plane without wifi..my kids will be badgering me to use it (I won't give in lol) and to be honest, 9 hours with no contact to the outside world is really appealing 😂

Miami/CBR/RPR/Bahama Bay Aug 16
Deerfield Beach/HRH/POFQ/Contemporary/Westridge - Aug 18
New York - Westin Grand Central - Nov 18
Disneyland Paris - Hotel Cheyenne - Dec 18
All Star Sport/POFQ/Aylesbury Villa/Deerfield Beach - Oct 19
Miami/Hard Rock hotel/Pop Century/Legacy Park Dibb Villa - Aug 2022

Saratoga Springs/Rosen Plaza - Dec 2024
NewtoOrlando is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List