Notices
Trip Planning Florida Florida Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 25 Jul 18, 04:22 PM  
Link to this Post
anniewomble
Helping Minnie

Travel/Motion sickness medication.

Hi, I don’t suffer from travel sickness on the plane, only in cars if I try to read, can’t even read text messages as a passenger! The last time we went to Florida, 5 years ago I took a travel sickness tablet everyday as I thought perhaps the simulator rides might give me the same effect. I rode them all and with the exception of I think it’s called Wild Artic at sea world I was fine. So I’m not sure if I actually need them but would rather take them than risk feeling sick! When I get travel/motion sickness, I literally have to lie down for at least a couple of hours until it subsides. For the life of me I cannot remember what I bought last time so does anyone have any recommendations? Don’t mind buying them here or in Florida as we will be doing a shop on our arrival day. Something preferably non-drowsy. Thanks
anniewomble is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Jul 18, 04:25 PM  
Link to this Post
marciehatter
slightly serious Dibber

My husband buys and uses Dramamine in the US - he took one of my son's Sturgeon tablets once and it made him feel drowsy! My son has no problems with them though.
marciehatter is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Jul 18, 04:34 PM  
Link to this Post
VS075
Serious Dibber

A pack of Kwells does the trick for me - no side effects and I've ridden all of the Universal rides without issue.
My experience on US borders opening day: https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/sho... php?t=1207820
VS075 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Jul 18, 05:18 PM  
Link to this Post
*Dory*
Stuck in the Tower of Terror

Another vote for Dramamine here. I even get motion sickness on the teacups and have tried all the uk ones, this much better than anything you can get at home. You can buy the generic version Dimenhydrinate in target or Walmart very reasonably.
*Dory* is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Jul 18, 05:25 PM  
Link to this Post
Jedi Princess
Imagineer

Mobile

My husband uses Stugeron, and they work well for him.
Old 25 Jul 18, 06:00 PM  
Link to this Post
Oh Bother
Trying for More Ears

Our daughter uses a product called Seabands. They are a wearable product that puts pressure on the wrist and are supposed to eradicate travel and motion sickness. I was very dubious at first, but after she has used them on long car journeys we haven't had any issues and they do seem to stop her from feeling unwell.
They do them in adult and child sizes, and the pharmacist I purchased them from highly recommended them and said she uses them. Worth a look and maybe better than taking medication that eventually wears off.
Oh Bother is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Jul 18, 06:47 PM  
Link to this Post
jdouds
Imagineer

Hi try the wrist bands, we used them out whale watching as did others and know one sick
jdouds is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Jul 18, 07:16 PM  
Link to this Post
clyde/seymore
Serious Dibber

Another vote for Dramamine -non drowsy version. I always buy extra to bring home as I find all of the UK ones that have worked have made me drowsy.
clyde/seymore is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Jul 18, 07:29 PM  
Link to this Post
SquishTheWhale
Imagineer

Mobile

Kwells are the only thing that works for me. They are fast acting and non drowsy unlike stugeron
SquishTheWhale is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Jul 18, 08:09 PM  
Link to this Post
rach19
Imagineer

rach19's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 3
Originally Posted by Jedi Princess View Post
My husband uses Stugeron, and they work well for him.
I use these too and find that they work well. You have reminded me that I need to get some before our trip.
Cabana bay, gulf coast and Miami Aug 2018
All Star Music and Dolphin split stay Aug/Sept 2022
rach19 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List