Notices
Trip Planning Florida Florida Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 28 Jul 18, 01:44 PM  
Link to this Post
EwoodCSI
Getting Excited

We had a 3 hour delay last week, but now a nightmare awaiting our Son and Daughter to join us in Orlando.

A735 from Man to Phl delayed yesterday for 5 hours. AA rearranged their connecting flight Phl to Mco from 3.54pm to 8.59pm. This was their last flight of the day and they CANCELLED!

They have been at Phl all night, have been on standby for 7am and 8.10am flights with no luck and are now waiting to see if they can get 11.10am flight. AA have been appalling! :

Caroline & Dave
EwoodCSI is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Jul 18, 02:14 PM  
Link to this Post
darbs
Imagineer

Mobile

OP enjoy your holiday x
darbs is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Jul 18, 03:12 PM  
Link to this Post
a11mark
Imagineer

a11mark's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 3
Originally Posted by choccyface View Post
Update! Flight from man to Heathrow was delayed over an hour due to storms but we eventually got there. Massive queues for Hoppa bus so ended up paying £26 in a taxi to get to Novotel. Hotel was nice- only downside was they hadn’t made the sofa bed up or left any bedding- asked twice at reception - also for towels as there was only 1 in the room? Got the towels, they never came with bedding so in the end I slept in the dressing gown on top of the duvet (had no cover on) whilst dh and the kids had the bed. Had good nights sleep. Now sat at Heathrow waiting for Miami flight which thankfully is showing on time! I’ll update re claim to AA when I get some news. Thanks x
document everything and keep receipts to anything that have cost you because of your flights being delayed. while the airline cant do anything about the hotel, they booked you in it as a kind of apology and hope that it ease any aggravation caused. its not difficult for the airline to let the hotel know that you be treated with more care due to the circumstance. (id make sure this is all in any claim you make with the airline)

hopefully with this out of the way, you can enjoy your holiday and have a magical time.
Old 29 Jul 18, 05:26 PM  
Link to this Post
choccyface
Excited about Disney

Mobile

Originally Posted by EwoodCSI View Post
We had a 3 hour delay last week, but now a nightmare awaiting our Son and Daughter to join us in Orlando.

A735 from Man to Phl delayed yesterday for 5 hours. AA rearranged their connecting flight Phl to Mco from 3.54pm to 8.59pm. This was their last flight of the day and they CANCELLED!

They have been at Phl all night, have been on standby for 7am and 8.10am flights with no luck and are now waiting to see if they can get 11.10am flight. AA have been appalling! :
What a nitemare for you all- hope they manage to get on a flight soon and join you and you enjoy the rest of your hols. I found AA to be really unhelpful - BA were brilliant in how they handled everything. Please let us know how you go on.x
choccyface is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 Jul 18, 09:38 PM  
Link to this Post
LPCKG
Disney's Yacht Club Guest

LPCKG's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 7
What a nitemare for you all- hope they manage to get on a flight soon and join you and you enjoy the rest of your hols. I found AA to be really unhelpful - BA were brilliant in how they handled everything. Please let us know how you go on.x
Hope the time of your latest message indicates you made it too MIA - enjoy the rest of your holiday.
Hilton Orlando & Portofino Bay Resort 2016 / Hyatt Regency Grand Cypress & Royal Pacific Resort 2010 / Orlando World Center Marriott Resort 2009 / Hard Rock Hotel 2006 / Portofino Bay Resort 2005 / Port Orleans Riverside 2004 / Disney's Caribbean Beach Resort 2003 / Orange Lake Resort & Country Club 1992 / Vistana Resort 1988
LPCKG is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 Jul 18, 04:32 AM  
Link to this Post
EwoodCSI
Getting Excited

Thank you for your concern. They made the flight arriving in Orlando at 2pm, even that was late! It took my Son to post details of what had happened on social media for them to receive boarding cards within seconds - unbelievable

We are now enjoying our well earned holiday; hope you are too.

Caroline & Dave
EwoodCSI is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 Jul 18, 01:37 PM  
Link to this Post
choccyface
Excited about Disney

Mobile

Originally Posted by LPCKG View Post
Hope the time of your latest message indicates you made it too MIA - enjoy the rest of your holiday.
Yes we did! Thanks x
choccyface is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 Jul 18, 01:38 PM  
Link to this Post
choccyface
Excited about Disney

Mobile

Originally Posted by EwoodCSI View Post
Thank you for your concern. They made the flight arriving in Orlando at 2pm, even that was late! It took my Son to post details of what had happened on social media for them to receive boarding cards within seconds - unbelievable:
We are now enjoying our well earned holiday; hope you are too.
Glad you are all together. Have a great holiday xx
Old 15 Aug 18, 03:58 PM  
Link to this Post
choccyface
Excited about Disney

Mobile

Just to update on this!
I emailed American Airlines last night and got a reply today offering 600 euros cash or 800 dollars voucher. Needless to say we’re taking the cash!
Was very easy to do - and to be honest once we’d been there a day it didn’t feel like we’d lost a day of our hols. Just waiting for BA now tonpay our for the cancelled plane on the way home now (honestly if you ever end up on a flight with us I’d change! &#129315
Old 15 Aug 18, 11:14 PM  
Link to this Post
EwoodCSI
Getting Excited

Just to update on this!
I emailed American Airlines last night and got a reply today offering 600 euros cash or 800 dollars voucher. Needless to say we’re taking the cash!
Was very easy to do - and to be honest once we’d been there a day it didn’t feel like we’d lost a day of our hols. Just waiting for BA now tonpay our for the cancelled plane on the way home now (honestly if you ever end up on a flight with us I’d change! &#129315
Thank you for your update. That gives me some hope as I too have contacted AA regarding compensation. I don't know what to expect as we had a 3 hour delay from on our connecting flight (Man-Phl-Mco) and our kids had 5 hour delay on Man flight, a cancelled Phl flight and an overnight stay at the airport! Assuming, we receive an offer I will let you know.

Caroline & Dave