Notices
Trip Planning Florida Florida Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 7 Aug 18, 03:40 PM  
Link to this Post
Annie17
Very Serious Dibber

Originally Posted by Bluemo View Post
Flying with BA for first time next year with a 12 and 7 year old. Does this mean we will be allocated seats before the 24 hour mark and if so is it likely to be as a 4, 2 x 2 or a 3 and 1. First 2 configurations probably not too bad but a 3 and a 1 would be rough on whichever one of us got the kids.
it is normally between 3-10 days before and can be any configuration, you can change them free of charge when check in opens

Wdw 2013,2016,2018,2019

Engaged 04/09/18 in Magic Kingdom.
Annie17 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 Aug 18, 05:16 PM  
Link to this Post
Katnic1
Imagineer

We fly on Friday with 2 children 11 and 13. We had already booked seats for lhr to Mia, as was free with AA, but BA allocated our seats for the MAN-LHR section on Sunday. So 5 days before departure. They have also allocated us seats for the return journey which isn’t until 27 Aug at the same time.
Katnic1 is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 Aug 18, 05:22 PM  
Link to this Post
Tinkerbell
Imagineer

Tinkerbell's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 1
Sad to say, I’ve been following the BA twitter feed for a week or so as it took me nearly ten days to book seats to the UK

I would hazard a guess to say every other tweet is regarding their website

Can’t book
Can’t print boarding passes
Can’t check in
Can’t book seats
Can’t log in

They have MAJOR issues with their IT system which seems to fail on a daily basis
Tinkerbell is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 Aug 18, 06:05 PM  
Link to this Post
Niclia
Getting to know the DIBB

Does the seat allocation show in Manage My Booking? We're flying on Saturday with a 5 year old but I can't see anything (on the app or logging in to the website), only the option to pay for a seat.
Niclia is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 Aug 18, 06:18 PM  
Link to this Post
Katnic1
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Niclia View Post
Does the seat allocation show in Manage My Booking? We're flying on Saturday with a 5 year old but I can't see anything (on the app or logging in to the website), only the option to pay for a seat.
Mine shows on the app and also if I go into the booking. 72 hours before is usually the norm, so our were allocated early.
Katnic1 is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 Aug 18, 11:50 PM  
Link to this Post
jaycee
Trading Disney Pins

Mobile

We flew LGW to FLL on Monday, there are 5 of us and we didn't book seats, all my children are over 12. I was worried that we would be split, but no, we were sat together, 3 in middle row, other 2 across the aisle. They always try to keep familys together. They had allocated our seats 24 hours before flight when we checked in online.

Old 8 Aug 18, 12:36 AM  
Link to this Post
chelynnah
VIP Dibber

chelynnah's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 4
Originally Posted by Orlandoguy View Post
Seat selection is just 24hrs before checkin unless ur in the BA exec club bronze or above , u can pay to book particular seats but these are not guaranteed and they can still move you
No, I’m only a blue member and I can choose a seat at any time as long as I’m prepared to pay a premium. The higher tiers can choose theirs earlier for free as far as I’m aware. I booked my flights in Feb/Mar for next Feb and could have booked my seats then. I actually booked them recently. I hate paying extra but we usually prebook
WDW several trips as a child; WDW 1993 on working vacation; DLP Sept 2003 - Newport Bay Hotel; WDW January 2007 - offsite HGVC Tuscany Suites; DLP Sept 2008 - DLH; WDW/US/BG January 2013 - offsite HGVC Tuscany Suites; WDW/US and MVMCP Nov 2015 - offsite townhouse; DLP Sept 2016 - Hotel B&B; WDW Feb 2017 - POFQ; DLP June 2017 - SL GF; DLP Sept 2017 - NPB CC; DLP Nov 2018 - SL; WDW Feb 2019 - WDW Princess Half POFQ; DLP Sept 2019 - SL & DLH;

Edited at 12:39 AM.
chelynnah is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Aug 18, 01:55 AM  
Link to this Post
toonarmani
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 137
Mobile

We got a 3+1 for our outbound (3-3-3 config). Showed about 5 days before.
toonarmani is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Aug 18, 05:41 AM  
Link to this Post
srh
slightly serious Dibber

Originally Posted by pastylad View Post
hi

i am flying with BA this Friday direct to MCO and have been able to see the seat maps as i paid for my seats at booking point.

For some reason i am getting the same message as the OP for both outbound and inbound flight.

Thanks
Also on this flight but no problems with seat map thank goodness.

Give us a wave!
Old 12 Aug 18, 04:26 PM  
Link to this Post
princess allie
VIP Dibber

Ours were finally allocated today, 6 days before departure. Very happy with the seats.

1998 Villa in Kissimmee 2009 Animal Kingdom Lodge 2011 Animal Kingdom Lodge 2014 Villa Lake Berkeley 2016 Villa Bass Lakes 2017 Villa on Solana and Vero Beach 2018 Villa on Highlands Reserve and St Pete Beach 2019 SLC, Cabana Bay, Highlands Reserve & Coronado Springs, 2020 Feb half term villa chilling. 2022 villa on Calabay Park and a trip Clearwater beach. 2023 Orlando and Clearwater
princess allie is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List