Notices
Trip Planning Florida Florida Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 10 Aug 18, 01:58 PM  
Link to this Post
burbs
Excited about Disney

Originally Posted by Myakka17 View Post
Another one with nerves of steel! Is this with Norwegian? What is your route? I presume you already had your accommodation booked.
We booked accommodation direct with Disney 400 days in advance.

I tracked flights every single day on every single major site and comparison site into Orlando, Miami and Tampa for 12 months. I stupidly missed some amazing prices as I always thought it would come in cheaper closer to the date. I have since learned this isnt quite how it works. We got lucky and a good price (one we were happy with anyway) happened to pop up on Momondo flying with Norwegian.
burbs is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Aug 18, 09:20 PM  
Link to this Post
Myakka17
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by burbs View Post
We booked accommodation direct with Disney 400 days in advance.

I tracked flights every single day on every single major site and comparison site into Orlando, Miami and Tampa for 12 months. I stupidly missed some amazing prices as I always thought it would come in cheaper closer to the date. I have since learned this isnt quite how it works. We got lucky and a good price (one we were happy with anyway) happened to pop up on Momondo flying with Norwegian.
Omg that sounds time consuming but I guess to get the deals that's the only way. Which sites did you check and were you prepared to go indirect?.

Just seen your countdown gave an amazing time.m
Old 11 Aug 18, 07:12 PM  
Link to this Post
kempydee
Being a bit Goofy

kempydee's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 1
Guidebook Photos: 2
Mobile

We go next Friday 17th. Gatwick to Fort Lauderdale.
Bought in May. £2484 for 2 adults and 2 children.
Haven’t looked again so no idea if they have gone down!
I know they were cheaper than that around Jan/Feb time (see the glitch thread) but we didn’t have the funds then.
We live in Leeds so a trek down to Gatwick but all flights from Manchester were £900+ Each when we wanted to book. So still worked out cheaper with the hotel and petrol down.
kempydee is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Aug 18, 09:02 AM  
Link to this Post
sandshal
Imagineer

Appreciate ours are dates outside of kids holidays but just for reference we've paid:-

LGW to FLL 21/9/18 then FLL to LGW 3/10/18 Norwegian Direct
£315 inc 2 x 20kg luggage each, seat choice and meals

Booked through Netflights on 9 June 18, we could have actually got them for £268 the week before but hubbys holiday hadn't been approved at the time

sandshal is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Aug 18, 01:42 AM  
Link to this Post
jnc2345
Getting Excited

Mobile

£362.50pp for Sept 4th.
Port Orleans French Quarter September 2019
Caribbean Beach January 2021
jnc2345 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Aug 18, 01:12 PM  
Link to this Post
philinmerthyr
Imagineer

Originally Posted by jnc2345 View Post
£362.50pp for Sept 4th.
We are on the same flight
Old 13 Aug 18, 08:17 PM  
Link to this Post

Mobile

Going from Gatwick 4th Sept, booked in January 3 adults and 1 15 year old, paid 1200
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Aug 18, 10:43 PM  
Link to this Post

Mobile

Paid £1625 for Aug17, booked in Oct 16. 2A 2C. Thought it was a bargain.
Terrible carrier... customer servuce non existent when problems occurred. Never use them again, but you often pay for what you get!
Business model imo flawed... they will do well to still be flying transatlantic in the next 3-4 years.
Good European budget airline... that’s it.
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Aug 18, 11:18 PM  
Link to this Post
ayles300
Imagineer

We booked in 4th Oct 16 for travel on 26th Aug 17 low fare ticket then added bags on for £25 per bag. 3Adults 1 child £1292 (3 bags going out 4 coming back.)
Great planes, only problem we had, we were suppose to fly out the day hurricane Irma hit so flights got cancelled (no fault of Norwegian) as they didn’t have many flights per week we couldn’t fly back until 9 days later ( not so bad &#128513 they even paid for accommodation and some towards food.
Don’t think we’re find another deal like that but can still be cheaper than the others.
Good luck getting a cheap deal.
* Int Drive Nov 91* Paris Aug 92* Disney Paris Santa Fe Jan 08* Clear Creek Circle May 09* Cumbrian Lakes May 11* Veranda Palms Sept 12* Indian Point & Daytona 500 Feb 13* Indian Point May 14 3 weeks!* IndianRidge Oaks April 15* Lake Berkley 40th May 16* Bahamas Cruise & Cumbrian Lakes Aug 17* Eagle point & Road trip April 19*

Edited at 11:20 PM.
ayles300 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Aug 18, 06:59 AM  
Link to this Post
YorkshireT
Imagineer

OP when you say August do you mean travel out and back within school holidays? If so, you can probably add 50-100% on the low fares people are quoting for September, end of August or June- it's a whole different ball game.
Burbs above got an excellent school holiday price of just below 650 each, that's as low as I've seen for a direct school holiday flight recently. If you are going school holidays, you'd do well to get that direct.
I've often looked at Norwegian school holiday prices and haven't seen anything cheap enough to tempt me to travel down from Leeds.

Edited at 07:00 AM.
YorkshireT is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List