Notices
Trip Planning Florida Florida Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 10 Aug 18, 11:34 AM  
Link to this Post
Fancealot
Getting Excited

Virgin Atlantic 747's Seats

Hello, just a quick question, sounds daft but here we go.

When I flew VA to New York last year we went PE, all was good with the flights themselves, outbound we flew on the Airbus A330 and on return was the 787 Dreamliner.

On both the inflight entertainment had the headphone jack on the inner side of the armrest. What I would like to know is where in the 747's economy (not PE) seats have the headphone jack connector?

It sounds a silly question but hear me out, i'm a big guy and whilst i'm working on my 'fit for florida programme' may still be larger than the average person when we fly, when I flew to NY I plugged in my Bose noise cancelling earphones in (QC20's) and my wife stole my QC25's for her personal use, due to the location of the socket and the chunkyness of my thighs halfway through the flight I moved slightly to sit up and destroyed the 3.5mm jack on my headphones (unrepairable critical damage) so half of the flight I had to use the standard headphones. Now i've got a pair of QC35's instead and i'm lucky that the audio cable is removable and only costs a fiver to replace. 1st World problems eh?!
Fancealot is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Aug 18, 11:43 AM  
Link to this Post
DiscoD6381
Excited about Disney

I'm a big guy and the adapter was a pain as it is on the arm rest. I now just buy cheap ones now so it doesnt matter if I snapped them.

Even when I am thinner I'm still to chunky a person for airplane seats.

Edited at 11:44 AM.
DiscoD6381 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Aug 18, 11:45 AM  
Link to this Post
Gezzs
Imagineer

Hmm..I've just bought some QC35s and did not think of this. I might get one of the airplane adaptors (that I know we don't need) just in case of mishap. I'd rather break a £2 adaptor than my Bose cable.

Florida: July 2009, Aug 2011, Sept 2014, Sept 2018, Sept 2024
Disneyland Paris: Dec 2023
Gezzs is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Aug 18, 12:05 PM  
Link to this Post
VS075
Serious Dibber

Virgin use a standard 3.5mm jack as far as I remember from our trip last year.
My experience on US borders opening day: https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/sho... php?t=1207820
VS075 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Aug 18, 12:10 PM  
Link to this Post
Disneynb
Proud to wear my Ears

Ha I think it’s more wrong position than chunky thighs 😂 as myself and both of my 2 kids also did the same on our last flight and we were in extra leg room seats 😃- it’s just a silly place to put it - the kids did it a few times before they finally snapped them 😩 I wonder if we can use Bluetooth? X
Disneynb is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Aug 18, 12:13 PM  
Link to this Post
rjhsteel
Very Serious Dibber

Originally Posted by Gezzs View Post
Hmm..I've just bought some QC35s and did not think of this. I might get one of the airplane adaptors (that I know we don't need) just in case of mishap. I'd rather break a £2 adaptor than my Bose cable.
Also got a pair of QC35 ii for the flight. Plane just takes a normal jack, right?
Holiday Inn Resort Orlando Lake Buena Vista 2023
LA Disneyland 2023
rjhsteel is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Aug 18, 12:49 PM  
Link to this Post
Segdude
Very Serious Dibber

Segdude's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 2
I did exactly the same last year... twice. Once on the way out. about an hour before landing, which did not worry me too much. I bought some new Sony noise cancelling headphones for the return trip and managed to get up with them round my neck whilst still plugged in! You'd think I'd learn wouldn't you?

Y'all take care
Nick
Segdude is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Aug 18, 01:13 PM  
Link to this Post
BigSkip
Imagineer

Maybe get a couple of 90 deg adaptors - It's in the arm rest, just to dig into your thighs...
BigSkip is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Aug 18, 02:15 PM  
Link to this Post
Fancealot
Getting Excited

Hmm i may have found something but it's a little long was only really needing 6 inch rather than 1.5ft

amazon/CableCreati...male+90+degree
Fancealot is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Aug 18, 08:24 AM  
Link to this Post
Gezzs
Imagineer

Originally Posted by rjhsteel View Post
Also got a pair of QC35 ii for the flight. Plane just takes a normal jack, right?
From what I've read the socket is a two-pin, but you can use a standard 3.5mm single pin. My concern is more that it sticks out of the side of the arm rest. I don't want to break the pin on my headphone cable, even though I use Bluetooth most of the time.

Florida: July 2009, Aug 2011, Sept 2014, Sept 2018, Sept 2024
Disneyland Paris: Dec 2023
Gezzs is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List