Notices
Trip Planning Florida Florida Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 11 Aug 18, 07:30 PM  
Link to this Post
Disney Novice
Trainee Dibber

Mobile Lufthansa connecting flights

Looking into Lufthansa flights for next year, Man-Fra-Mco. There are 2 flight options the first is a 6am flight meaning a really early start to what will be a long day. The second is a 9am flight but the connection time is 1 hour 50 minutes. Has anyone done this route or have opinions of this duration to connect?
Disney Novice is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 Aug 18, 07:38 PM  
Link to this Post
DiscoD6381
Excited about Disney

Mobile

Obviously the later flight leaves less time if things should go wrong but that connection time should be doable at Frankfurt. If in doubt you speak to the ground staff on arrival who should help you make the connection.
DiscoD6381 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 Aug 18, 08:07 PM  
Link to this Post
joolsleeds
Apprentice Imagineer

joolsleeds's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Go for the 6am flight and relax.

I’ve travelled to the US from MAN via FRA and in my experience the gates are at the opposite end of a very large airport where you will have to clear security again in FRA.

1 hour 50 is doable, but gives you a nasty race across the airport if it’s late. I’ve done this route 3 times and the MAN leg was late twice.

Up to you of course, but I’d make it easy for myself despite an early get up!

Good luck! 👍
joolsleeds is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 Aug 18, 09:34 PM  
Link to this Post
SaratogaSp2015
Apprentice Imagineer

I've done this route in 2015. We went for the 9am flight. All went well. We were glad for the short transfer time. Through security, quick bite to eat and then on to the next plane. Not rushed but not a boring wait on what is a loooong day!

Only tip is that you have to transfer from one terminal to another and go through security again so be careful with liquids. We'd bought some drinks which were 500ml so had to throw them away which wasn't the end of the world but a group behind us had bought sun cream etc in Boots and were not happy at all!
SaratogaSp2015 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 Aug 18, 09:41 PM  
Link to this Post
MINI MOUSE
Very Serious Dibber

Mobile

We actually did this route 2 weeks ago and it was extremely easy and we did not have to go through security again . We simply got off the plane and followed the signs for Z which was no more than a 10 minute walk and then we were at the gate and had about a 50 min wait before boarding the plane . We were on the 6am one .
MINI MOUSE is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Aug 18, 12:27 AM  
Link to this Post
Snowgirl
Very Serious Dibber

Originally Posted by joolsleeds View Post
Go for the 6am flight and relax.

I’ve travelled to the US from MAN via FRA and in my experience the gates are at the opposite end of a very large airport where you will have to clear security again in FRA.

1 hour 50 is doable, but gives you a nasty race across the airport if it’s late. I’ve done this route 3 times and the MAN leg was late twice.

Up to you of course, but I’d make it easy for myself despite an early get up!

Good luck! 👍
Agree with joolsleeds. We were at opposite ends of the airport for the connecting flight in Z. We had to clear security again and it was busy and slow. I’d rather get 6am flight and have the time on my side if I need it.
Old 12 Aug 18, 01:20 PM  
Link to this Post
missymouse
slightly serious Dibber

We did this route on Friday, we had a two hour connection time we just followed the signs for Z it took about 20 minutes we didn’t need to clear security again with liquids and everything you just go through a different route that is next to security
missymouse is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Aug 18, 01:48 PM  
Link to this Post
emilou
Relaxing at the Grand Floridian

Originally Posted by missymouse View Post
We did this route on Friday, we had a two hour connection time we just followed the signs for Z it took about 20 minutes we didn’t need to clear security again with liquids and everything you just go through a different route that is next to security
Same for us three weeks ago, 9.20 flight - bus to terminal from plane, 10 min walk US flights were directed up a flight of steps separate to other passengers following signs for z. We sat around for just over an hour it was really easy and efficient, no delays and no security
Old 12 Aug 18, 03:31 PM  
Link to this Post
Snowgirl
Very Serious Dibber

Just realised the OP was asking about the flight to MCO from FRA. I noticed that it didn’t leave FRA until 1350ish on the day I travelled. If that was the case I would do the 9am flight.

There was a couple on the 6.05 from BHX with us and they had ages to wait as they were flying onto MCO. We were flying to MIA and had hardly any time at all by the time we’d walked and cleared security.

I’m finding it interesting how some of us have had to clear security in FRA and others haven’t. Wonder why that is?
Old 13 Aug 18, 09:16 AM  
Link to this Post
SaratogaSp2015
Apprentice Imagineer

Originally Posted by Snowgirl View Post
I’m finding it interesting how some of us have had to clear security in FRA and others haven’t. Wonder why that is?
It was 2015 we did this route. It sounds like it has been changed now so there's no second security check. We still had plenty of time even with the extra security check. There seems to have been a few changes on this route now. We were served breakfast on the MAN-FRA part of the journey which I saw on another thread has stopped.
SaratogaSp2015 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List