Notices
General Chat This forum is for general topics and chat type threads.

Old 16 Aug 18, 11:57 AM  
Link to this Post

Mobile Your top three planning activities at Disney

Having recently mentioned to a friend about returning to wdw, he had no conception about the size of this place, or the things adults could do, he had this picture in his head of Mickey, Minnie, and the crew, and rollercoaster rides, so when I told him of all the stuff we get up to he was taken aback, which leads me to this question.. What are your top three favourite things you look forward to when planning out your vacation.?.. Hard question I know. Mine are in first place, the resort, heading back to WL for a third time is beyond our dreams, in second place is the dining out at night as we are huge food fans and love the options available, and in third place I think it’s the ambience of staying inside this magic bubble where the real world doesn’t exist and I get to be a kid again..Over to you Dibbers, what are your top three.. Apologies to Admin if I’ve put this thread in the wrong place.
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Aug 18, 12:33 PM  
Link to this Post
sha9
VIP Dibber

sha9's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 5
Restaurant Reviews: 1
I enjoy the rides. It’s a huge part of why we go so I’d have to put that at number 1. Number 2 is the general Disney “vibe”. Sometimes it’s just nice to sit with an ice cream or drink and soak it in. Number 3 is the resort. We always like to stay somewhere that makes us excited at the thought. The unexpected move to BWI this year has been really exciting as we would never normally be able to justify the cost.

Trip Report Index
sha9 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Aug 18, 04:07 PM  
Link to this Post
jakesmum
Excited about Disney

We are going back for our second visit next year and we are taking my mum who has never been (and had a similar opinion on what WDW was like).

In first place its spending time with my kids where they can be kids, it was lovely to see my 16 year old shrug off his teenageness and be my lovely boy for 2 weeks, and see my daughters full acceptance of the bubble. She was old enough to understand that the characters are people dressed up but for those 2 weeks it didn't matter, they were Mickey Mouse, Donald Duck, Goofy etc and we have some awesome pictures taken by the photographers where her innocence just shines through her face.

Second place is the bubble, I am truly looking forward to 2 weeks where there is nowhere and nothing exists other than the bubble. I thoroughly enjoyed dropping my adult responsibilities at the airport and living in the here and now, which is something I desperately want my mum to experience too.

Number 3 is Disney Springs, my husband doesn't get animated about a lot but every time we talk about what we will be doing he brings up 'that place we went to on our last night', he fell head over heels in love with DS at night, and has said over and over how much he wants to spend more time there soaking up the Disney atmosphere, wandering round the shops etc.
Old 16 Aug 18, 04:36 PM  
Link to this Post
Th1nkT1nk
Imagineer

Mobile

1. That feeling of magic and emotion that I can’t get from anywhere else. The way my heart swells when I hear the music and feel the vibe... experiencing all of that with my hubby and daughter ❤️
2. Food! The range and social side ... and lack of concern for paying for it when on ddp!
3. The rides - just love experiencing new things and feeling excited and giddy like a big kid
Old 16 Aug 18, 04:45 PM  
Link to this Post
DisneyDaffodil
Imagineer

Mobile

1. Staying inside the bubble of Disney. It feels magical, a place where adults and children can be happy and dreams can come true. May be only for a few weeks, and we all know the real world is a very different place but it is nice to forget it all for a while

2. The shows, parades and fireworks. I was amazed at how spectacular they all were and how emotional they make me feel.

3. The food, so many themed restaurants, fun places to eat, good quality luxurious meals, character dining, buffets, snacks. Especially when on a dining plan 😀
DisneyDaffodil is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Aug 18, 04:53 PM  
Link to this Post
Ashleylvsgoofy
VIP Dibber

As ex cast members we try to find new things to do when we go each time.

We normally go every 2nd year.

Last time we went, we had the full dining package but next year we are going quick service only - we love Disney food and couldn't imagine staying offsite.
We like doing the special tours, last time we did the Behind the steam train tour and I think next year we fancy doing Keys to the Kingdom as we love Disney facts

The last thing I love is that first look at the castle - I am so funny about it that I will make sure the first time we visit Magic Kingdom we get the monorail over and I have my eyes firmly closed so that the fist time I see the castle is when I am at the bottom of Main Street - usually I burst into happy tears
Old 16 Aug 18, 04:57 PM  
Link to this Post

Mobile

Originally Posted by jakesmum View Post
We are going back for our second visit next year and we are taking my mum who has never been (and had a similar opinion on what WDW was like).

In first place its spending time with my kids where they can be kids, it was lovely to see my 16 year old shrug off his teenageness and be my lovely boy for 2 weeks, and see my daughters full acceptance of the bubble. She was old enough to understand that the characters are people dressed up but for those 2 weeks it didn't matter, they were Mickey Mouse, Donald Duck, Goofy etc and we have some awesome pictures taken by the photographers where her innocence just shines through her face.

Second place is the bubble, I am truly looking forward to 2 weeks where there is nowhere and nothing exists other than the bubble. I thoroughly enjoyed dropping my adult responsibilities at the airport and living in the here and now, which is something I desperately want my mum to experience too.

Number 3 is Disney Springs, my husband doesn't get animated about a lot but every time we talk about what we will be doing he brings up 'that place we went to on our last night', he fell head over heels in love with DS at night, and has said over and over how much he wants to spend more time there soaking up the Disney atmosphere, wandering round the shops etc.
Love your three reasons and thanks for sharing.
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Aug 18, 05:03 PM  
Link to this Post
Emmapink
Excited about Disney

Mobile

Number one for me is spending time just me and my husband. We both work different shift patterns and sometimes are passing ships in the night. So knowing I have three whole weeks of just us is lovely!

2. The food and drinks! Love going out as a couple at home so obviously we love it there to! Be it on or offsite a bottle of champagne or a pink lemonade im happies while eating and drinking!

3. The vibe! I love sitting with a drink and watching the world go by taking everything in. Rain or shine Florida has so many good opportunities just to sit and be grateful!
Emmapink is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Aug 18, 12:31 AM  
Link to this Post
Merryweather
Imagineer

No. 1 Being in my “Happy” place - as an elderly visitor I feel like a child again and it warms my heart!
No. 2 All of the shows, parades and fireworks! Magic!
No. 3 the food, especially on DDP as I can taste food I might not otherwise try in case I don’t like it! On DDP I’m more adventurous and have tried some great stuff (but not sushi!)
Old 17 Aug 18, 06:50 AM  
Link to this Post
Lilminx
Excited about Disney

Mobile

1. Atmosphare. I just love getting away from reality. sitting people watching with a Starbucks is one of my favourite things.

2. Pin Trading! me and daughter 10 love to pin trade and it's a great way to get chatting to CM who are always so nice. We will be attending a pin trading event in Oct when we go she's so excited.

3. Food and Wine. we love this at Epcot and it keeps hubby happy and it's an escape for him away from the cheery cheery disney feel.

seriously can't believe we are going back just a year after our 'once in a life time holiday'!

2020 victim of Covid
Lilminx is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List