Notices
Trip Planning Florida Florida Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 16 Aug 18, 08:08 PM  
Link to this Post
rocknrollsoul
Proud to wear my Ears

Netflights - have you ever had a reservation not confirmed with a ticket..?

Booked a very last minute deal to the best place in the world for next week. Netflights seemed the most reliable place to go given the price.
Made the reservation online this morning and I (ignorantly) thought I would have a confirmation email fairly straight away.

My email actually said it could take 12 hours to get a confirmed ticket and not to make any other travel plans until I get it.

6 hours later my nervous wreck of a self called Netflights and I was told that they had it in pending. They checked and then said they only had half the number of staff as usual today and they were working on it but not to worry, it will go through today.

I've called tonight but even though the website says someone will be there until 10pm, it's unfortunately closed.

The airline website is showing my reservation, but then it says ticket not been issued. Reservation will be held until midnight. Now my stomach has dropped out.

I keep wondering, do I still keep looking for another flight?

So now I'm reaching out to you experienced Dibbers - have you had your flight declined by Netflights later after the booking..? Or is it normal to wait till the next day (or longer) to get your travel documents?

Thank you so much in advance
x
2009, '13, '14, '16, '19 DLP - Disneyland Hotel/Dream Castle/Magic Circus/Sequoia Lodge; 2015 - WDW/Universal - ASM, AoA Little Mermaid, MNSSHP, CBBR; April 2016 - WDW/Univ - Pop Century, AoA Little Mermaid, CBBR; Jan 2017 - WDW- CBR; Aug 2017 - Universal/WDW - CBBR, CRB, MNSSHP; Aug 2018 - CBBR, MNSSHP, Seaworld; Dec 18 - POR/MVMCP; Aug 2019 - CSR WDW MNSSHP
rocknrollsoul is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Aug 18, 08:11 PM  
Link to this Post
sammykitten
Imagineer

i would definitely wait until tomorrow, because if you go sourcing and booking another flight tonight you could wake up in the morning and find yourself with 2 lots of flights.

They've said 12 hours, so give them 12 operating hours.

Not with netflights, but i've certainly had to wait up to 48 hours for my confirmations from other companies (including the official Disneyland Paris website) in the past.
sammykitten is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Aug 18, 08:16 PM  
Link to this Post
rocknrollsoul
Proud to wear my Ears

Thanks Sammykitten. That's a very good point about 12 operating hours not actual hours. Still worried if the airline is saying they will drop the reservation at midnight. Maybe they won't..? :S
(Ps lucky you to be there for your birthday)
2009, '13, '14, '16, '19 DLP - Disneyland Hotel/Dream Castle/Magic Circus/Sequoia Lodge; 2015 - WDW/Universal - ASM, AoA Little Mermaid, MNSSHP, CBBR; April 2016 - WDW/Univ - Pop Century, AoA Little Mermaid, CBBR; Jan 2017 - WDW- CBR; Aug 2017 - Universal/WDW - CBBR, CRB, MNSSHP; Aug 2018 - CBBR, MNSSHP, Seaworld; Dec 18 - POR/MVMCP; Aug 2019 - CSR WDW MNSSHP
rocknrollsoul is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Aug 18, 08:16 PM  
Link to this Post
MrsEgg
Apprentice Imagineer

Mobile

We used netflights last year and everything was confirmed within 12 hours, I would at least wait until tomorrow as Sammy said you don't want 2 sets of flights!
MrsEgg is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Aug 18, 09:02 PM  
Link to this Post
choccielover
Imagineer

Mobile

So I just checked my booking for next year with AA through netflights

I booked at 8.02 and had confirmation at 13:44 if that helps
choccielover is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Aug 18, 09:24 PM  
Link to this Post
Galela1986
slightly serious Dibber

Mobile

I booked through themlast year. tho it took a while for confirmation everything went fine.
Galela1986 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Aug 18, 09:30 PM  
Link to this Post

booking

i thought I had booked online via travelbag (net flights parent company)on mon this week,gave all the passenger details & credit card etc... but the next day they emailed to say the flight reservation had failed...it was a bit of a flash sale on klm so I think loads of people must have submitted reservation requests.Was a bit gutted as I thought
if i got as far in the process as I had that must mean it was booked.
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Aug 18, 09:54 PM  
Link to this Post
rocknrollsoul
Proud to wear my Ears

Mobile

You’re kidding! I had a slightly better quote from Travelbag but assumed Netflights was more reputable. Didn’t know they were the parent company.
Darnnit. I have a bad feeling the same might happen to me tomorrow.
:P
Thanks for the replies x
Old 16 Aug 18, 09:58 PM  
Link to this Post
Northerndave
Being a bit Goofy

Bet they loved you calling after 6 hrs when the email mentioned it can take 12 !
Old 16 Aug 18, 10:05 PM  
Link to this Post
rocknrollsoul
Proud to wear my Ears

Mobile

😳
I hope I haven’t given the impression that I had called to complain. On the contrary I just asked if there was anything I had done to delay it (we’ve moved recently and I wondered about the billing address). The lady actually was surprised it was still pending and was happy to check (or else perhaps she was just being extra kind).