Notices
Additional Support Needs & DAS Help & advice

Old 17 Aug 18, 09:31 PM  
Link to this Post
splash
Being a bit Goofy

Electric scooter

Hi All,

I have recently injured my back and although I can walk its very painful to try to walk long distances or stand for too long.
I was looking at hiring a scooter from a off site company.
Could anybody tell me how hard it is to get from the car parks to the theme parks. I know the Magic Kingdom has trams to get from the car park to the theme park, how do you get from the car park to the theme park with a scooter.

Many thanks in advance
splash is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Aug 18, 09:47 PM  
Link to this Post
dvc
Imagineer

dvc's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Scooters can go on all Disney buses most boats and the monorail. They will not fit on car park trams. Suggestions would be go to Disney Springs, park up and use Disney transport to the parks. You will need to hire a scooter that will fit in a car boot. Try Walker, that's who I used this year and they were very good.
dvc is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Aug 18, 10:23 PM  
Link to this Post
splash
Being a bit Goofy

Thank you
I will look them up
splash is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Aug 18, 11:44 PM  
Link to this Post
hipthehippo
Imagineer

Hi
Have a look at this thread for suppliers: https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?t=89582

It gives lots of companies that have ECVs for hire - check the prices though.

If you're staying off site then they will deliver to your hotel/villa - some ask you to check that they will deliver to where you are, but you can usually do this via live chat or e-mail. Also, make sure you pick an ECV that will break apart into pieces so it'll fit in the boot - you'll also need to make sure that your hire car has a big enough boot to put it in.

For either Disney or Universal if you don't have a Blue Badge, but you do have an ECV, if you tell them at the car park booth when you are paying they will tell you to go to the Medical Overflow car park - this is not quite as close as the disabled spaces, but still closer than standard parking. From there you can just ride your ECV into the park. The rest of your party have the choice to either walk with you or to catch a tram. Same on the way out.

I did this last year and will be doing it again this year. I didn't think it was particularly hard to do, although it probably takes longer than it would if you weren't using an ECV, so I'd allow yourself a little extra time - especially if you're trying to do rope drop or get to an ADR.

Hope you have a great holiday.

Growing old is mandatory, but, growing up is optional
"Live a Life that Matters" - Michael Josephson - RIP Dad 20.07.05
2006, 2007 - Rolling Hills / 2008 - Villa - can't remember! / 2009, 2010 - Sunset Lakes / 2011 - Indian Creek / 2012 - Sunset Lakes / 2013 - Emerald Island / 2014, 2017, 2018, 2019, 2023 - Sunset Lakes

Edited at 11:45 PM.
hipthehippo is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List