Notices
Offers, Discounts, Codes, Cashback and UK Shopping Money Saving tips, UK shopping topics , discount links and offers.

Old 7 Aug 20, 11:25 AM  
Link to this Post
Dinglebert
Imagineer

Dinglebert's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 3
Originally Posted by Rebelrebel View Post
Really? That is so unfair, they are advertising it as on their map and will have proof of your transaction . I've always found them to be really helpful when I've had to call them on other things, hope they're not going downhill.
My renewal is due in September. I will wait for two things. Firstly my 10 000 points for hitting the £16000 spend this year. Their offer of 50% more at the moment makes it worth around £80-90 off previous spends.

The second is my dispute with them over a hotel booking. I booked the Hard Rock in London for a concert. The concert is cancelled. Hard Rock happy for me to move it to next years resheduled date but said I needed Amex to do the asking. Amex it turned out booked via Expedia and are refusing to contact them until a week before the stay which is next month.

If I am not allowed to move the booking I wll be paying my £140 take the 10 000 bonus points use them and then cancel the card and get back 11 months of the £140. I have found Amex travel to be very difficult about this issue. These was nothing which indicated my booking was actually expedia until an invoice 5 hours later.
Dinglebert is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 Aug 20, 11:27 AM  
Link to this Post
Rebelrebel
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Dinglebert View Post
My renewal is due in September. I will wait for two things. Firstly my 10 000 points for hitting the £16000 spend this year. Their offer of 50% more at the moment makes it worth around £80-90 off previous spends.

The second is my dispute with them over a hotel booking. I booked the Hard Rock in London for a concert. The concert is cancelled. Hard Rock happy for me to move it to next years resheduled date but said I needed Amex to do the asking. Amex it turned out booked via Expedia and are refusing to contact them until a week before the stay which is next month.

If I am not allowed to move the booking I wll be paying my £140 take the 10 000 bonus points use them and then cancel the card and get back 11 months of the £140. I have found Amex travel to be very difficult about this issue. These was nothing which indicated my booking was actually expedia until an invoice 5 hours later.
Not good, I always thought they did the bookings direct too.
Rebelrebel is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 Aug 20, 03:56 PM  
Link to this Post
Rebelrebel
Imagineer

Just phoned the local pet shop and although they are on the map they don't take Amex, so glad I did that would have been awkward .
Rebelrebel is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 Aug 20, 03:58 PM  
Link to this Post
PoohBears#1fan
Imagineer

The only place that's in this scheme anywhere near us is a large pub chain, I thought it was going to be for independent businesses.

Wild Africa Trek photo report

PoohBears#1fan is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 Aug 20, 04:37 PM  
Link to this Post
munmun
Imagineer

I have used this at my hairdressers and the local chinese takeaway and indian both of which I collected.
munmun is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 Aug 20, 06:01 PM  
Link to this Post
stanleycamel
VIP Dibber

stanleycamel's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 1
Originally Posted by Rebelrebel View Post
Just phoned the local pet shop and although they are on the map they don't take Amex, so glad I did that would have been awkward .
Rebelrebel - it might be worth doing an online chat (can't send messages with AX any more) and point out what you have found about your pet shop. If you have bought anything there using another form of payment because you couldn't use your Amex then AX may give you a £5 credit - they don't always but might be worth a try. But before you do a "chat" take screen shots of the map and the pet shop shown on the list as it could be helpful.

The restaurant I originally used for the takeaway eventually opened and we went for a meal under the Eat Out scheme so we got 3x£10 off the bill and £5 back from AX - Result

Don't forget that if you have an Amex as the main cardholder you can register the authorised user too so you can get a second lot of £5 back from the same shop/merchant.
stanleycamel is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 Aug 20, 06:03 PM  
Link to this Post
stanleycamel
VIP Dibber

stanleycamel's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 1
Originally Posted by PoohBears#1fan View Post
The only place that's in this scheme anywhere near us is a large pub chain, I thought it was going to be for independent businesses.
I hope they have taken part in the Eat Out scheme and you took advantage of the reductions and got £5 from Amex too.
stanleycamel is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 Aug 20, 10:59 AM  
Link to this Post
Rebelrebel
Imagineer

Originally Posted by PoohBears#1fan View Post
Our local newsagent is now a londis store and it worked there, I think they are franchises so classed as small businesses