Notices
Offers, Discounts, Codes, Cashback and UK Shopping Money Saving tips, UK shopping topics , discount links and offers.

Old 31 Jul 20, 09:48 PM  
Link to this Post
jas72
VIP Dibber

Yeah went into As adventure for an hour tried on several tops and shorts wore a mask no problem actually enjoy shopping more as they limit the numbers prefect. My better half just said the same the other day much better with reduced numbers and masks to feel safe.

Old 31 Jul 20, 10:06 PM  
Link to this Post
loldis
Imagineer

I used to enjoy a browse around the supermarkets but haven't set foot in one other than for essentials that couldn't wait for my next delivery since a few weeks before lockdown. And I haven't really missed it so not sure it'll make it back into my routine when life is "normal" again.

I wasn't really a regular shopper in other categories. Just got what I needed and got out of there. Not even doing that at the moment, just making do!
loldis is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 31 Jul 20, 10:07 PM  
Link to this Post
JAF
Imagineer

Originally Posted by ERICSMUM View Post
No I don’t, it’s not pleasant or relaxing. I haven’t ventured into Chelmsford yet and I used to go at least twice a week to shop, browse and have coffee. Now I just go to M&S foodhall once a week and a local garden centre once a week for coffee and a mooch around the plants.

This morning in Marks was a nightmare. It was so hot, no aircon and my glasses steamed up so much I had water dribbling down into my mask 😷😢
Haven't been in any Chelmsford shops, cafes or anywhere else since a mask is required. Online only from now on for us. Went with dh into Chelmsford as he was going to play bowls just to see what it was like and just like last Friday in the high street most not wearing a mask or had it round their chins and pulling them up in as they entered shops which means they are wearing a contaminated mask. The high street did not seem very busy and guess more shops will go under.
JAF is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 31 Jul 20, 10:14 PM  
Link to this Post
Sandra & co
Imagineer

Sandra & co's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 1
My son needs new glasses and went in vision express and the lady stood over him, every pair tried on needs de contaminating before they can go back on the shelf. He tried on two pairs and left with nothing, he wanted to try on loads to see what suited him. He felt like he wasn’t allowed and left! I can’t see how the future is ever going to be better, August tomorrow and still not anything like normal!
Old 31 Jul 20, 10:15 PM  
Link to this Post
Loobylou_82
Imagineer

Hate it now. Can't take armful of clothes into the changing rooms to try on. What is the point if you can't try anything on? Not keep going backwards and forwards to town to take stuff back because it doesn't look as good on me as it did on the hanger. Pointless. No clothes shopping till all this is over. You can try shoes on, i don't suppose your feet can spread covid then.
Loobylou_82 is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 31 Jul 20, 10:48 PM  
Link to this Post
mickey house
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Sandra & co View Post
My son needs new glasses and went in vision express and the lady stood over him, every pair tried on needs de contaminating before they can go back on the shelf. He tried on two pairs and left with nothing, he wanted to try on loads to see what suited him. He felt like he wasn’t allowed and left! I can’t see how the future is ever going to be better, August tomorrow and still not anything like normal!
Sandra, it will get better but it will take a little longer than we all hoped. I've never let you down yet so you have to trust in me.

In a year's time we laugh, sing and be merry (and you will look happier walking around Sainsburys).

I hope that's helpful.
mickey house is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 31 Jul 20, 10:51 PM  
Link to this Post
aqualiv
Imagineer

Mobile

Was going off it anyway but this has killed it for me
Old 31 Jul 20, 10:55 PM  
Link to this Post
Sandra & co
Imagineer

Sandra & co's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 1
Originally Posted by mickey house View Post
Sandra, it will get better but it will take a little longer than we all hoped. I've never let you down yet so you have to trust in me.

In a year's time we laugh, sing and be merry (and you will look happier walking around Sainsburys).

I hope that's helpful.
Thank you this has made me happier, I will never take my old life for granted ever again! I seem to be worse than others in the mask department, my dd was a bit hot but my sister still managed to talk a lot thro hers. I just kept saying yes and no because sweat was pouring into my mouth! 🤢
Old 31 Jul 20, 11:18 PM  
Link to this Post
CRUELLA
Imagineer

No ! I don’t mind the mask mostly needs must .but it the people that just don’t care get too near ,reach over you.like this virus is all done with now.
I actually find the staff in shops can be some of the worst culprits !
Unless everyone learns to social distance and follow the rules I won’t be out spending sadly .its just too much stress when I’m trying to do my best I don’t have any patience for those that aren’t
CRUELLA is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 Aug 20, 04:53 AM  
Link to this Post
shirley
Imagineer

shirley's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 2
Mobile

My shopping trips are shorter now, esp if its one of the centres, where you dont get to take them off.
shirley is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List