Notices
Disneyland Paris Trip Planning Disneyland Paris Holiday Planning Questions and Tips.

Old 14 Aug 20, 06:38 PM  
Link to this Post
skinnybaby
Apprentice Imagineer

Babies and height restrictions at DLP

Hi,

Im going through the info on each ride on the Disney website so see what the height/age restrictions are.

Planning to take a 1 year old. Ive realised there are ALOT that say 'any height' but would a 1 year old really be able to ride all these? (with us obviously)

Are there any particular ones you would recommend we dont try, or any that you have been turned away from by the cast member?

Thanks
skinnybaby is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Aug 20, 11:06 PM  
Link to this Post
pokerbanter
Excited about Disney

Some good advice about age restrictions on this page ;

https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/Rid...DLP-p-613.html

Https://dlptips/advice/ride-restrictions/

Edited at 11:11 PM.
pokerbanter is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Aug 20, 09:11 AM  
Link to this Post
digdisney
Dibbing with Tink

digdisney's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 7
We had a 1 year old and a 3 year old with us.

We took them on everything that was allowed for them.

The slinky dog ride, 1 year old didn’t like it, he actually cried although I thought it was quite a mild ride.

Cars ride, both hated it but it is quite fast and spinny I think.

Ratatouille ride, 1 year old didn’t mind this, he rode it about 3 times. A few moments he wasn’t so keen on. But he warmed to it.

Pirates of the Caribbean, rode it twice, the drops were a bit scary to them but otherwise okay.

The train in fantasyland, it’s a small world, autopia, dumbo, teacups, flying carpets, orbitron, phantom manor, the carousel we’re all winners

We just tried them and hoped 😊
X

8 Trips and counting
digdisney is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Aug 20, 12:37 PM  
Link to this Post
skinnybaby
Apprentice Imagineer

Originally Posted by pokerbanter View Post
Some good advice about age restrictions on this page ;

https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/Rid...DLP-p-613.html

Https://dlptips/advice/ride-restrictions/
Interesting why the Casey Jr train wouldnt be suitable for under 1s?
skinnybaby is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Aug 20, 12:39 PM  
Link to this Post
skinnybaby
Apprentice Imagineer

Originally Posted by digdisney View Post
We had a 1 year old and a 3 year old with us.

We took them on everything that was allowed for them.

The slinky dog ride, 1 year old didn’t like it, he actually cried although I thought it was quite a mild ride.

Cars ride, both hated it but it is quite fast and spinny I think.

Ratatouille ride, 1 year old didn’t mind this, he rode it about 3 times. A few moments he wasn’t so keen on. But he warmed to it.

Pirates of the Caribbean, rode it twice, the drops were a bit scary to them but otherwise okay.

The train in fantasyland, it’s a small world, autopia, dumbo, teacups, flying carpets, orbitron, phantom manor, the carousel we’re all winners

We just tried them and hoped 😊
X
Thanks, i think we would do the same and just see how things go
Old 17 Aug 20, 01:29 PM  
Link to this Post
pokerbanter
Excited about Disney

It may be the carriages sometimes coming to a quick stop or perhaps just the speed as it can go a fair clip (from a babies perspective). Like the page says though, it is just guidance & it's parents choice which rides they believe are ok.
pokerbanter is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Aug 20, 09:47 AM  
Link to this Post
Lisa_Lollipop
Imagineer

We took our LB at 9 months and took him on everything that has no height restriction (except Cars, for some reason the CM asked how old he was and as under 1 they wouldn't let him ride... there doesn't seem to be a restriction, it just depends on the CM!)

He was absolutely fine on everything, Slinky Dog was probably the most tricky as they wouldn't let him sit on our lap so had to sit on the bench between us so it was a challenge to make sure I didn't slide over and squash him as we sat him between us!
Lisa_Lollipop is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Aug 20, 05:05 PM  
Link to this Post
skinnybaby
Apprentice Imagineer

Originally Posted by Lisa_Lollipop View Post
We took our LB at 9 months and took him on everything that has no height restriction (except Cars, for some reason the CM asked how old he was and as under 1 they wouldn't let him ride... there doesn't seem to be a restriction, it just depends on the CM!)

He was absolutely fine on everything, Slinky Dog was probably the most tricky as they wouldn't let him sit on our lap so had to sit on the bench between us so it was a challenge to make sure I didn't slide over and squash him as we sat him between us!
Hi,

Thankyou, i read all your trip reports when i found out i was pregnant
Im not due till December, got to plan ahead haha
Old 18 Aug 20, 06:35 PM  
Link to this Post
Enchanted
Imagineer

We took a one year old and he loved everything! His firm favourites were Pirates and Haunted Mansion.
In fact the only thing he's ever been scared on is Peter Pan for some strange reason!

Taking him back for his third trip next September, he'll be 2.5 and our new baby will be 8mths.
Enchanted is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Aug 20, 07:10 PM  
Link to this Post
Lisa_Lollipop
Imagineer

Originally Posted by skinnybaby View Post
Hi,

Thankyou, i read all your trip reports when i found out i was pregnant
Im not due till December, got to plan ahead haha
Oh that's so lovely, I hope you found them helpful!

Disney with a baby is certainly a whole different ball game, but oh my goodness... just the most magical! You are in for the most fun times ahead
Lisa_Lollipop is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List