Notices
Offers, Discounts, Codes, Cashback and UK Shopping Money Saving tips, UK shopping topics , discount links and offers.

Old 16 Aug 20, 11:26 AM  
Link to this Post
Blue nose
Imagineer

Black highschool pinafore

Anyone have. a DD who wears a black pinafore for high school?

My DD starts in September and we cannot find one. I usually buy from Next or M&,S but they don't do black in teenage sizes?

Ideally I need online as we're in quarentine for another week and then she's in isolation for surgery next week.
Blue nose is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Aug 20, 11:30 AM  
Link to this Post
Vanillapod
Imagineer

Mobile

John Lewis go up to age 13.

Our 2015 Food Trip Report http://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?t=891973
Vanillapod is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Aug 20, 11:30 AM  
Link to this Post
jndt
Imagineer

I have boys but pinafores are not allowed at any of the high schools around here so that's probably why they don't make them.
jndt is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Aug 20, 11:38 AM  
Link to this Post
Rac20
Imagineer

Originally Posted by jdndt View Post
I have boys but pinafores are not allowed at any of the high schools around here so that's probably why they don't make them.
Same around here. Black trousers or skirt with white shirt/blouse only and navy jumper with the school crest are the only things allowed. Plus optional blazer.
Rac20 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Aug 20, 12:22 PM  
Link to this Post
vowels
Imagineer

No pinafores permitted at my girls' secondary school either.

New Look did do some black play suits and pinafores for school, but I would give Amazon a try.

I made an error in ordering skirts this year, a specific Trutex skirt must be worn, and I found it on Amazon.
vowels is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Aug 20, 12:23 PM  
Link to this Post
Orlando 2004
Imagineer

Orlando 2004's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 3
Mobile

Is it on the uniform list? Like others none of the schools round here have pinafores for secondary school. It's a black skirt or trousers at my daughter's. My friends daughter goes to a school where they've got a tartan style skirt but they have to get that from the shop that does the school uniform.
Old 16 Aug 20, 12:26 PM  
Link to this Post
DonnaD
Imagineer

I have never seen a secondary school student in a pinafore. Are you sure your daughter wouldn't be the only one wearing one even if they are allowed?
Old 16 Aug 20, 12:34 PM  
Link to this Post
Orlando 2004
Imagineer

Orlando 2004's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 3
Mobile

Originally Posted by DonnaD View Post
I have never seen a secondary school student in a pinafore. Are you sure your daughter wouldn't be the only one wearing one even if they are allowed?
I think I've only seen dresses in high school on the Australian soaps.
Old 16 Aug 20, 01:16 PM  
Link to this Post
mason1
Imagineer

mason1's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 2
DIBB Villa Reviews: 3
Our school is skirt or trousers for girls - no pinafores. As has been said, is this an option as part of the uniform policy?
Old 16 Aug 20, 01:30 PM  
Link to this Post
Smilesonfaces
Imagineer

Smilesonfaces's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
I also cannot see a girl at high school wanting to wear a pinafore even if they are on the uniform list. Your local school uniform supplier will probably be doing online or at least phone orders. I would contact them. They will also be able to tell you if girls choose pinafores if they are available. At my daughters school you have to buy from the supplier because the skirt has the school emblem at the hem to stop the girls rolling the skirts up !
Smilesonfaces is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List