Notices
Trip Planning Florida Florida Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 29 Sep 20, 08:26 AM  
Link to this Post
stanleycamel
VIP Dibber

stanleycamel's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 1
Originally Posted by babynugget View Post
Thank you for replies, I will contact BA we booked a package a couple weeks back and only noticed the change of flight time at the weekend. If we were to miss the connection and we have a through ticket, do they put you on the next flight without charge?

Yes, babynugget, the airline will put you on the next "available flight" but please note that this may not be the next flight that actaully leaves MIA for MCO. It purely depends on if there are seats available on the next flight to place you on (sorry if that seems to be stating the onvious I don't mean to be cheeky).
stanleycamel is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 Sep 20, 09:19 PM  
Link to this Post
babynugget
slightly serious Dibber

Originally Posted by stanleycamel View Post
Yes, babynugget, the airline will put you on the next "available flight" but please note that this may not be the next flight that actaully leaves MIA for MCO. It purely depends on if there are seats available on the next flight to place you on (sorry if that seems to be stating the onvious I don't mean to be cheeky).
Ideally I can speak to BA and sort something to avoid this happening prior to us flying, thanks, not taken your comment as cheeky
Old 30 Sep 20, 09:54 AM  
Link to this Post
uk_mickey
Excited about Disney

We did Man-Phl-Mia-Mco
a couple of years ago and all went well until getting ready to land in Miami when they said they had a thunderstorm (Aug)a couple of hours earlier and the airport had closed for 1 hour.
When we landed (7.30pm) we were still in plenty of time for our flight at 9pm but as we got off the plane we were told our 9pm flight had been cancelled. we were told to go to the rebooking office as there was an 11pm flight, as you can imagine there were around 200 people waiting in line who were also booked onto that 9pm flight who had flown in from other parts of the world. it was just gone midnight when we reached the check in and were told we could go on STANDBY for the 9PM flight the next day as all other flights were full. We decided to hire a car and drove the 5 hours to Mco arriving around 7AM where thankfully they had put our bags on the 11pm flight so were in the luggage claim office. You need to be very careful as I new as we had not taken that last flight and completed our journey they had cancelled all our return flights which I managed to reinstate but with some difficulty. but I would assume this does not happen too often and we were just unlucky
uk_mickey is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 Sep 20, 12:36 PM  
Link to this Post
Peko
Imagineer

Originally Posted by babynugget View Post
We have Heathrow - Miami - Orlando booked for easter but they have changed our flight time to a little later from Heathrow leaving us with 1 hour 10 mins connection time! Can anyone tell me do we need to clear immigration then go through security again? And would our bags need collecting and checking back in or do they go straight through to our connecting flight as both are AA?
A 1h10m connection is below Minimum Connecting Time (MCT) for international to domestic in MIA. so BA will have to rebook you anyway. This does not happen immediately when the flight schedules change, but it would get picked up at some point.

However, it's fine to contact BA Holidays yourself, ideally check the AA schedules first so that you can suggest the alternative connecting flight you would prefer. Of course, further schedule changes are also quite possible.
Peko is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List