Notices
Trip Planning Florida Florida Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 17 Dec 20, 11:33 PM  
Link to this Post
silver_age
Excited about Disney

We’re only got flights for April booked so far. They were in the Virgin sale a few weeks ago so I took a punt. Initially I was 50/50 as to whether they would go ahead, but now I’m probably 60/40 against looking at how slowly things are turning around.
silver_age is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Dec 20, 12:13 AM  
Link to this Post
jenna288
Apprentice Imagineer

Originally Posted by Pinkie1983 View Post
I have to say I'm concerned too but we really want to go as we lost my Mum rather unexpectedly on the 1st.

I don't care if I have to wear a mask or there's no fireworks/shows but quarantining when we come back will be a definite no no.
Really sorry to hear about your mum

It all seems like doom and gloom in regards to the covid rates at the moment but it can equally do a u-turn especially as more people are vaccinated x
WDW and Universal August 2022
NY and WDW March 2024
jenna288 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Dec 20, 12:16 AM  
Link to this Post
Gelatoni
Imagineer

So how we all feeling about April right now?
Still a hard 'no' from me.

Still waiting for Virgin to come back about my flights though. Expect they will tell me I can't change a 2nd time (moved from Oct) or something ridiculous. In my head it's cancelled.

Bigger things to worry about now too. Just can't even entertain the thought of a holiday at the moment.
Gelatoni is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Dec 20, 12:42 AM  
Link to this Post
Pinkie1983
Excited about Disney

Originally Posted by jenna288 View Post
Really sorry to hear about your mum

It all seems like doom and gloom in regards to the covid rates at the moment but it can equally do a u-turn especially as more people are vaccinated x
Thank you.

We have decided if we have to move it again we will probably go in Nov when the xmas decs are up.
Pinkie1983 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Dec 20, 12:43 AM  
Link to this Post
Pinkie1983
Excited about Disney

Originally Posted by Gelatoni View Post
Still a hard 'no' from me.

Still waiting for Virgin to come back about my flights though. Expect they will tell me I can't change a 2nd time (moved from Oct) or something ridiculous. In my head it's cancelled.

Bigger things to worry about now too. Just can't even entertain the thought of a holiday at the moment.
After loosing Mum I really would like to go.

But I understand why others wouldn't.
Pinkie1983 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Dec 20, 12:49 AM  
Link to this Post
Gelatoni
Imagineer

After loosing Mum I really would like to go.

But I understand why others wouldn't.
I am so sorry to hear this xx

I think everyone deals with things in their own way, and I can fully understand what you mean.

We are experiencing a tense time right now and it's just all encompassing emotionally as i'm sure you are also feeling right now. I am watching Disney blogs to get me through.
Gelatoni is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Dec 20, 12:56 AM  
Link to this Post
Pinkie1983
Excited about Disney

I am so sorry to hear this xx

I think everyone deals with things in their own way, and I can fully understand what you mean.

We are experiencing a tense time right now and it's just all encompassing emotionally as i'm sure you are also feeling right now. I am watching Disney blogs to get me through.
Thank you.

Hope whatever you're going through gets easier for you ❤️

DH and myself have also had covid, neither of us were partially poorly (both mid 30s). I know there is no knowledge regarding immunity or catching it againbut I think this contributes to my willingness to risk it.

I'm always watching Disney vlogs or Disney+ 🤣
Old 18 Dec 20, 01:09 AM  
Link to this Post
Gelatoni
Imagineer

Thank you.

Hope whatever you're going through gets easier for you ❤️

DH and myself have also had covid, neither of us were partially poorly (both mid 30s). I know there is no knowledge regarding immunity or catching it againbut I think this contributes to my willingness to risk it.

I'm always watching Disney vlogs or Disney+ 🤣
Thank you, and for you too. I hope you get to go back to Orlando.

One of the odder things i'm enjoying on Disney+ is the new Mickey shorts, wonderful world of Mickey Mouse I think they"re called. They actually make me smile and laugh, which takes me out of things for a while ☺️
Old 18 Dec 20, 01:11 AM  
Link to this Post
Pinkie1983
Excited about Disney

Thank you, and for you too. I hope you get to go back to Orlando.

One of the odder things i'm enjoying on Disney+ is the new Mickey shorts, wonderful world of Mickey Mouse I think they"re called. They actually make me smile and laugh, which takes me out of things for a while ☺️
We will eventually if not in April.

I will have to give them a go, thank you.
Old 18 Dec 20, 06:26 AM  
Link to this Post
Taffy1959
VIP Dibber

Taffy1959's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Mobile

So how we all feeling about April right now?
We’re booked for early May and I don’t think we’ll be going so I can’t see April happening.
I posted early on in this thread saying I wasn’t confident about May and I’m even less confident now.
We have to pay the balance or move the holiday again in February and I’m leaning towards moving it to May 2022.
We were offered a refund on our Disney tickets a few weeks ago and this time took it.
If things do improve enough and restrictions are lifted we might book something for October or November 21