Notices
Disney Cruise Line and Other Cruise Planning Cruise Questions and Tips.

Old 20 Aug 19, 07:43 AM  
Link to this Post
Omega1
Imagineer

New P&O itineraries

Heads up. P&O are today releasing a host of new itineraries for winter 19/20 on the Oceana. The Oceana was pulled from its Middle East itineraries owing to security concerns and these are the hastily cobbled together replacements. One thing is for sure, they are very competitively priced.
We are seriously considering booking an 18 day cruise in March from Southampton to Malta, £950pp inc flight back to U.K.
Omega1 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Aug 19, 10:50 AM  
Link to this Post
katiec68
Imagineer

katiec68's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
I looked at some of these yesterday but the dates are no good for us

Some really nice itineraries there though
katiec68 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Aug 19, 10:58 AM  
Link to this Post
Omega1
Imagineer

Originally Posted by katiec68 View Post
I looked at some of these yesterday but the dates are no good for us

Some really nice itineraries there though
I was about to message you! We’ve booked! Too good a bargain to miss - it’s got to be done.😂
Omega1 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Aug 19, 11:30 AM  
Link to this Post
katiec68
Imagineer

katiec68's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
Originally Posted by Omega1 View Post
I was about to message you! We’ve booked! Too good a bargain to miss - it’s got to be done.😂
Well we are in florida over Xmas ( I did look at the xmas ones but we need to be back on 29/30 Dec for the big 50!), the skiing in March and Cunard in November so thats probably enough for one year
katiec68 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Aug 19, 09:53 PM  
Link to this Post
catlady
VIP Dibber

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 4
Mobile

Hi, I just found one leaving on the 27th Oct 2019, for my mum and dad. However, I found it on a travel agents website (1 I've used before!) But they will only book direct with P&O? I can't find it on their website at all? Can anyone send me a link to these offers? I'm away for a couple of days and just can't phone them!
Old 21 Aug 19, 06:59 AM  
Link to this Post
Omega1
Imagineer

Originally Posted by catlady View Post
Hi, I just found one leaving on the 27th Oct 2019, for my mum and dad. However, I found it on a travel agents website (1 I've used before!) But they will only book direct with P&O? I can't find it on their website at all? Can anyone send me a link to these offers? I'm away for a couple of days and just can't phone them!
pocruises/find-a-cruise/E924N/E924N
The Oceana itineraries have generated a lot of interest but P&O have been steadily increasing their prices. The cruise we booked has increased by £570 (53%) from yesterday morning to afternoon for the same grade of cabin. Good luck getting something for your parents.
Old 21 Aug 19, 08:20 AM  
Link to this Post
aqualiv
Imagineer

Mobile

They were really pushing their Dubai itineraries when we were on board last month
What’s happened?
Will have a look at the replacements, thanks!
Old 22 Aug 19, 02:42 PM  
Link to this Post
catlady
VIP Dibber

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 4
Originally Posted by Omega1 View Post
pocruises/find-a-cruise/E924N/E924N
The Oceana itineraries have generated a lot of interest but P&O have been steadily increasing their prices. The cruise we booked has increased by £570 (53%) from yesterday morning to afternoon for the same grade of cabin. Good luck getting something for your parents.
Thank you so much for the link! It such a shame I was away from home! They won't book it themselves unfortunately! I think they maybe too late unfortunately ! My TA would have booked it for them, but they wouldn't book with her! It's now £450pp more than I could have got it on Tuesday!
Old 22 Aug 19, 04:46 PM  
Link to this Post
Tiger 1057
Excited about Disney

Whilst I have travelled quite extensively we have never taken a cruise. I am tempted to plump for a trip on the Oceana to give us an indication if we like cruising or not. Having looked at this via Planet Cruise I am totally confused as there are all sorts of permutations with types of cabin and decks!
I was considering an inside cabin for a cruise of Northern Europe (7 days in Nov) or a 14 day cruise to Barcelona from Southampton in Feb (I would prefer a no fly cruise). I’m not bothered about a balcony due to the time of year though I realise you do get the floor to ceiling windows. My main question for the cognoscenti is does the deck location make much difference? I realise there must be benefits otherwise they couldn’t charge more for them but I would be very grateful for opinions. We don’t go to Disney till the end of next year so could do with a little treat.
Tiger 1057 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Aug 19, 04:58 PM  
Link to this Post
BevS97
VIP Dibber

BevS97's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 7

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 9
Guidebook Photos: 18
Guidebook Reviews: 7
Mobile

I could manage a 7 night at feb half term. But can’t help but think Hamburg / bruge and Amsterdam will be miserable in February. Does kind of look like a cobbled together itinerary
BevS97 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List