Notices

Old 15 Apr 15, 08:31 PM  
Link to this Post
academy
slightly serious Dibber

Originally Posted by Yorkie Girl View Post
If I'm not too sick then I'll take loads of pics of the view

It's not long at all now (six weeks tomorrow )
Ha Ha I know what you mean I am terrified of hights but am not going to let this put me off. (I can do rides that are high as long as they are fast )

A couple of years ago we went to London and met up with my brother who lives there. He surprised us with tickets for the London eye with only ten minutes to think about it! Oh heck I was petrified I was nearly crying it took me about 20 mins before I could actually stand up, I was just sat on the bench in the middle of the pod
academy is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Apr 15, 09:49 PM  
Link to this Post
00swan
Imagineer

00swan's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
So impressed that you're going to One World Observatory - sadly it won't be open when we go - guess it's another excuse to go back

* Orlando: 2006/2007/2010/2014/2016/2017/2018/2019
+ new booking Apr/May 2022

* New York/Orlando mix: 2012

* New York: May 2015/Dec 2021
00swan is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Apr 15, 04:40 PM  
Link to this Post
Yorkie Girl
Imagineer

Yorkie Girl's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 4
Restaurant Reviews: 19
Originally Posted by academy View Post
Ha Ha I know what you mean I am terrified of hights but am not going to let this put me off. (I can do rides that are high as long as they are fast )

A couple of years ago we went to London and met up with my brother who lives there. He surprised us with tickets for the London eye with only ten minutes to think about it! Oh heck I was petrified I was nearly crying it took me about 20 mins before I could actually stand up, I was just sat on the bench in the middle of the pod
Oddly enough I am going to London at the beginning of May and we have booked tickets for the London Eye. I'm hoping I'll be ok with that so that I know I'll be ok with the observatory! I don't think I'll mind a building as much as a wheel.

Originally Posted by 00swan View Post
So impressed that you're going to One World Observatory - sadly it won't be open when we go - guess it's another excuse to go back
Yes, it's a very good excuse to go back
Yorkie Girl is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Apr 15, 08:23 PM  
Link to this Post
academy
slightly serious Dibber

Originally Posted by Yorkie Girl View Post
Oddly enough I am going to London at the beginning of May and we have booked tickets for the London Eye. I'm hoping I'll be ok with that so that I know I'll be ok with the observatory! I don't think I'll mind a building as much as a wheel.

Yes, it's a very good excuse to go back

To be honest after I had gotten over the jelly legs it wasn't too bad

The Eye goes really slow and very smooth so you don't actually realise you are moving. For me I found I was ok as long as I looked ahead and not down. I'm hoping this trick is going to help me in NY so don't expect any photos of the roads below - unless of course my daughter takes the pics.
academy is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 May 15, 01:49 PM  
Link to this Post
Yorkie Girl
Imagineer

Yorkie Girl's Reviews
To be honest after I had gotten over the jelly legs it wasn't too bad

The Eye goes really slow and very smooth so you don't actually realise you are moving. For me I found I was ok as long as I looked ahead and not down. I'm hoping this trick is going to help me in NY so don't expect any photos of the roads below - unless of course my daughter takes the pics.
I had a bit of a freak out on the London Eye on Sunday i was ok with the height, but didn't like the rocking motion as it moved over the top of the wheel I was ok when I sat down though.

Two weeks today and we will be on our way to NYC
Yorkie Girl is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 May 15, 08:49 PM  
Link to this Post
academy
slightly serious Dibber

Know what you mean about being ok sitting down

Glad you got on there - good practice for both of us.

A lovely tiny countdown for you now - I bet you are really excited - I can't wait now - I'm wishing the weeks away

Have a fab time. Can't wait to find out how you go on.
Old 15 May 15, 08:13 AM  
Link to this Post
Yorkie Girl
Imagineer

Yorkie Girl's Reviews
Know what you mean about being ok sitting down

Glad you got on there - good practice for both of us.

A lovely tiny countdown for you now - I bet you are really excited - I can't wait now - I'm wishing the weeks away

Have a fab time. Can't wait to find out how you go on.
i know, I'm really excited!
Not long for you either
Old 30 Jun 15, 10:32 AM  
Link to this Post
abiknox
Imagineer

abiknox's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 5
Oooh I love a NYC trippie!
abiknox is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List