Notices

Old 8 Oct 16, 01:09 PM  
Link to this Post
anji
VIP Dibber

Definitely following this one - looks an amazing trip!

We stayed in Hotel 140 and loved it. Rooms were fine, not huge but not tiny. We didn't spend too much time there anyway! Very comfortable and a really interesting building with the theatre etc. It's also right by Back Bay station if you want the train or subway.

Four Bakery is just wonderful for breakfast or anytime. Enjoy!

Index to all trip reports here https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/sho...3#post15913083
Seattle to San Francisco
Road Trip Florida 2017
New England Road Trip 2019
Florida Road Trip 2022
Canada/Pacific NW Road Trip 2022
Cyprus Chill week May 2023
Road Trip California & Arizona 2023
anji is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Oct 16, 09:41 PM  
Link to this Post
CuriousAlice
slightly serious Dibber

Just to say have a wonderful time Gemma! Look forward to reading all about it xx
CuriousAlice is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Oct 16, 09:46 PM  
Link to this Post

Have a great trip!
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 Oct 16, 04:52 PM  
Link to this Post
gtyrel10
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by anji View Post
Definitely following this one - looks an amazing trip!

We stayed in Hotel 140 and loved it. Rooms were fine, not huge but not tiny. We didn't spend too much time there anyway! Very comfortable and a really interesting building with the theatre etc. It's also right by Back Bay station if you want the train or subway.

Four Bakery is just wonderful for breakfast or anytime. Enjoy!
Sorry i never got around to replying before we went but you were so right Hotel 140 was fab (if a bit painful price wise) but the location and room was just perfect. thanks for reading along xx

Originally Posted by CuriousAlice View Post
Just to say have a wonderful time Gemma! Look forward to reading all about it xx
Originally Posted by princess_chazy View Post
Have a great trip!
Thank you both, i never got around to getting on just before i left but i got back today, i've got lots of photos and lots of notes and can't wait to get it all down in my trippy!

It was a fantastic trip and so glad we did it, it really was interesting seeing another side to America than the more usual tourist places, Maurice definitely felt that it was more the America he had seen before but i was surprised at how unsafe i felt a couple of times. It wasn't lots just the odd time still such a great trip even if we were a tad out on the leaves front

Thanks again everyone for reading along xxx
gtyrel10 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 Oct 16, 07:00 PM  
Link to this Post

Welcome home Gemma! Why/where didn't you feel safe? 🙁
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 Oct 16, 07:13 PM  
Link to this Post
Erial
VIP Dibber

Glad to hear you had a fab time Gemma. We got back from our New England road trip this morning (eyes on matchsticks at the mo). I'm surprised you had times when you didn't feel safe. I have to say we didn't feel this once in the parts we did. We also found everyone incredibly friendly.

Claire
x

2005 - Buena Vista Palace Hotel & Spa * 2011 - Wyndham LBV Resort * 2013 - Sheraton Vistana Resort LBV - Trip Report - Complete * 2014 - Kissimmee Villa - Trip Report - Complete * 2015 - Hard Rock Hotel & Beach Club - Trip Report - Complete * 2016 - New York - Trip Report - Complete * 2016 - Massachusetts Road Trip - Trip Report - Complete * 2017 - Florida Road Trip & Old Key West * 2018 - Florida Road Trip & Polynesian * 2019 - SSR, Grand Floridian & Boardwalk
Erial is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Nov 16, 10:09 AM  
Link to this Post
gtyrel10
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by princess_chazy View Post
Welcome home Gemma! Why/where didn't you feel safe? 🙁
Thanks Chaz!

Providence mainly we walked to kennedy plaza and it had a really horrible feel about it, lots of guys and women hanging about. Just gut feel not a great place, i googled it afterwards and turns out providence has a dreadful drug problem specifically in kennedy plaza where the selling and taking of drugs is so common there its just done openly despite the police station being in the middle of the plaza.

Then later on still in providence after a fire alarm at the shopping mall i seen this guy smack a starbucks cup out of a women hand, didn't think anything of it thought maybe they were joking about as loads of the shop assistants were outside for the firedrill that was until she told him to calm down and he punched her then shoved her so hard she went flying across the pavement flat on her back. Within 5 minutes 4 police cars turned up.

Like i say it was just a couple of things but was just not what you expect and because it was right at the end of the trip it was a weird ending. I think when things like that kick off at home i don't worry that much but with the whole gun thing in america you just don't know what could kick off next.

Originally Posted by Erial View Post
Glad to hear you had a fab time Gemma. We got back from our New England road trip this morning (eyes on matchsticks at the mo). I'm surprised you had times when you didn't feel safe. I have to say we didn't feel this once in the parts we did. We also found everyone incredibly friendly.

Claire
x
Thanks Claire so glad you had a nice time! Like i mentioned above during almost the whole road trip it was totally fine and we loved it, everyone was lovely right down to the locals in this random little diner we went to who thought we were from texas (hire car number plate) and got such a shock when we started speaking. It was really just Providence and again i've lived in and have family living in some pretty awful parts of scotland i think its just that unknown gun thing that freaks me out.

But apart from that the whole trip was fantastic xx
gtyrel10 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Nov 16, 01:07 PM  
Link to this Post
tocpe321
VIP Dibber

Glad you had a good time in New England.
Old 12 Mar 17, 08:14 PM  
Link to this Post
P&S
Imagineer

Would really love to read this trippie