Notices

Old 29 Apr 11, 10:15 AM  
Link to this Post
SammyScotland
Imagineer

Originally Posted by karen_uk View Post
How exciting

I still have my ESB tickets to buy yet, but we have also bought a harbour cruise tickets via goldstar for our first evening, just cannot decide if its the right thing to do or not LOL its worth joining up there in case there's other discounts you can use
I'll do that Karen, thanks.
Old 29 Apr 11, 02:24 PM  
Link to this Post
philinmerthyr
Imagineer

Have you considered the Grayline tour bus. We've used it in the past and it s great for seeing everything. A great online offer they have is 72 hrs, 3 loops and an evening tour and 3 attractions for $104.

The attractions include the river cruise, empire state, top of the rock, radio city tour and a few others.

I think this is a great deal. We'll be using them in July.
philinmerthyr is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 Apr 11, 04:17 PM  
Link to this Post
SammyScotland
Imagineer

Originally Posted by philinmerthyr View Post
Have you considered the Grayline tour bus. We've used it in the past and it s great for seeing everything. A great online offer they have is 72 hrs, 3 loops and an evening tour and 3 attractions for $104.

The attractions include the river cruise, empire state, top of the rock, radio city tour and a few others.

I think this is a great deal. We'll be using them in July.
We've used them the last twice we've been. We are thinking of doing the night tour this year but don't want to book tickets incase the night we chose it is raining.
Old 29 Apr 11, 04:23 PM  
Link to this Post
joandwayne
VIP Dibber

joandwayne's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 4
Restaurant Reviews: 20
Originally Posted by SammyScotland View Post
Glad to hear your just as impressed with the Waldorf this time round. It would be lovely to be upgraded to a suite but we're just not that lucky. Any suggestions what to say or do?

We did the Guggenheim last year and also Mama Mia last year. Both were really good.

I hope you enjoy the rest of your holiday.
Hi - we got an upgrade as Waldorf Astoria is part of the Hilton group and my husband is a diamond member of Hilton Honors so we always get an upgrade. It is still worth asking for one.

AKL, Walt Disney World, July 2017, AKL, Walt Disney World, August 2016, Washington DC, California (Disney) and New York, August 2015, AKL, Walt Disney World, August 2014, West Coast USA and Disney Aulani, Hawaii, August 2013, Old Key West, Walt Disney World, Oct 2012, West Coast USA, Aug 2011, New York, April 2011, May 2009, Port Orleans, Walt Disney World, Oct 2010, Disney Cruise, May 2010, POP Century, Walt Disney World, Nov 2008, May 2007, Oct 2005, Kissimee Oct 2003, Oct 1990
joandwayne is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 Apr 11, 08:36 AM  
Link to this Post
SammyScotland
Imagineer

Originally Posted by joandwayne View Post
Hi - we got an upgrade as Waldorf Astoria is part of the Hilton group and my husband is a diamond member of Hilton Honors so we always get an upgrade. It is still worth asking for one.
I don't know if we have the nerve to ask for one. As long as the room we get is clean and bed bug free then we will be happy.
Old 12 Jun 11, 08:53 AM  
Link to this Post
SammyScotland
Imagineer

Well just under 12 days to go!

We are just about organised. Attraction tickets are all booked and dollars are all bought. We still have our show tickets to get but we will get them there. Credit card company informed incase we want to make one or two purchases over there.

Holiday clothes and toiletries are all bought although the clothes are still to be ironed - might start that today. House to be thoroughly cleaned but that will be my joyous task next weekend while DH is working.

DS has just decided he would like the new Nintendo DS 3D. He got a leaflet from Game yesterday informing him of a bundle package that's available from next Friday with a Zelda game. Luckily he still has some Christmas/Birthday money left so we will need to nip into Glasgow next weekend for that. He will also trade in his old DS to help bring the cost down. Should keep him entertained on the flight as the flight over doesn't have seatback tvs and the two films they are going to be showing don't appeal to my teenage boy.
Old 12 Jun 11, 07:16 PM  
Link to this Post
philinmerthyr
Imagineer

We've got just under 3 weeks. We're as excited about 3days in New York as the 11 days in Orlando.
philinmerthyr is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Jun 11, 08:50 PM  
Link to this Post
SammyScotland
Imagineer

You'll be arriving as we are leaving. We love New York - so much to see and do.
Old 12 Jun 11, 08:50 PM  
Link to this Post
DIBBadmin
Imagineer

This thread has been automatically closed as it has not been posted on in 365 days.
DIBBadmin is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List