Notices

Old 4 Feb 17, 08:45 PM  
Link to this Post
Pussycat Doll
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 1
What no painting?! Villa owners on a proper holiday!

So as the title suggests we are going on holiday! Nothing unusual there you might think, but this is a real Villa Owners holiday! There is no villa! We are going on holiday to somewhere other than Florida, so no painting, no carpet cleaning and no buying a new dishwasher!

So the cast is the same as usual, myself, Selina and hubby Richard, just the two of us, no hangers on!

How did this holiday come about? Well, back in August Richards business partner Matt and his stepson who works for them decided to organise a big family holiday to the south of France. Dates were picked and a weeks shut down at the Marina was agreed. Richard strolls in and says to me, 'were closing for a week, lets go the States'

Well I don't need telling twice and we had an immediate discussion about which part. Although Vegas is my favourite place we decided that as it was just a week it should be somewhere nearer. New England is nearer, sounds like a plan!

So before you could blink we have flights booked, 27th May till 3rd June into Boston. Virgin Atlantic PE both ways and an intermediate car sorted, Richard says he's paying, better still!

We start looking for hotels, we don't really fancy staying in Boston so we plan to drive to Plymouth for the first night, we should arrive in Boston at about 1pm and it's only a shortish drive. We decide on the Hampton Inn, looks lovely with a free brekkie.

The next 6 nights will be spent at the Seafarer in Chatham on Cape Cod which is about a mile from the beach. We've booked a room with a little kitchen in case we don't always want to go out.

Airport hotel is booked, we are staying at the Heathrow Radisson Blu again with car parking at the hotel.

Everything is sorted... relax!

But wait, the other lads can't afford to go to France so their trip is all cancelled! Richard says we can't possibly cancel, it's all booked and half paid for so we're still going! So we can now sit back and relax knowing everything is all sorted... hold that thought!

Edited at 08:52 PM.
Pussycat Doll is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Feb 17, 08:59 PM  
Link to this Post
Gryff
Imagineer

A well deserved holiday after recent events looking good so far
Gryff is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Feb 17, 11:11 PM  
Link to this Post
Pussycat Doll
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
So just before Christmas we get an email from my travel agent. Our outbound flight has been changed from 11am to 5.35pm which means that instead of arriving in Boston at 1pm we now arrive at 7.35pm which basically means we wouldn't leave the airport before 9pm at the very earliest. I'm not happy but we have choices!

Fly BA PE at no extra cost, nope, as far as I'm concerned that's a downgrade!

Delta economy at no extra cost, nope, another downgrade!

Fly Delta One Business class at a cost of Ł452 each extra😳

But wait... there's more! Our inbound flight has also been cancelled and Virgin have very graciously put us on a flight a day earlier! So our 7 day holiday is now pretty much 5 days!

We can't take the full refund either because we've already booked and paid for all the hotels and car parking which means we'll lose loads of money.

We spend the whole Saturday afternoon shouting at each other!

Edited at 11:14 PM.
Pussycat Doll is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 Feb 17, 08:01 PM  
Link to this Post
Melbatb
Imagineer

How frustrating! I hope you manage to sort the flights out!

Index of my trip reports
2016 Quebec - Kuala Lumpar - New York City 2017 Dubai - Eurocamps France - Ontario and Quebec - So-Cal 2018 Montreal - Bangkok - New England 2019 Argentina - Quebec City - Hong Kong - 2020 Switzerland 2022 Arizona - Costa Med Cruise - Oslo 2023 Hong Kong - Gothenburg
Melbatb is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 Feb 17, 08:55 PM  
Link to this Post
Pussycat Doll
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
So after the shouting subsides we decide to forget the fact that it's costing us Ł900 extra and we decide to fly Delta Business on the outbound flight. We also manage to move our inbound flight to the day after we should have flown home so we now have 8 nights. The extra nights car hire and the extra nights car parking at Heathrow pushes it up to Ł1000 extra for our trip and we still need to book somewhere to stay for our final night of the trip.

We decide on the Harbour Hotel in Hyannis, looks lovely, right on the Harbour and walking distance to lots of restaurants, that was Ł120 extra.

So it's business class outbound and PE inbound... for now...
Old 12 Feb 17, 07:23 PM  
Link to this Post
Pussycat Doll
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
So as some of you may have seen I've had a very stressful few days after my dad passed away, expected but sudden if that makes sense.

I called my travel agent friend and asked how much to upgrade the inbound flights to Upper Class, Ł400 each he says, I'm in - life is for living! Extra deposit is paid straight away. Hopefully this is the final change to the holiday now, were at 103 days and I feel like I need to go now! I know we only got back from Florida 4 weeks ago but we are so looking forward to this trip of total relaxation and sightseeing! TTFN
Old 12 Feb 17, 07:28 PM  
Link to this Post
Bootrip2
VIP Dibber

I hope you now have an uneventful buildup to the holiday, you must be really needing a break after all you have been through. X
Old 14 Feb 17, 09:05 AM  
Link to this Post
WileyCoyote
I am not a shopaholic

Oh so sorry to see the stresses you have had, but what a lovely Holiday this looks.. It will be wonderful for you to have some " me time". The Inn looks perfect .. And as for the upgrades, I'm with you there X
WileyCoyote is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 Apr 17, 02:04 PM  
Link to this Post
Pussycat Doll
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
So here we are at 26 days, how did that happen?! Feeling totally disorganised as I'm usually running round like the proverbial sorting my dad out before we go and wondering right up to departure day if we would really be going! This will be our first holiday since my dad died so it's all quite surreal at the moment. I'm in the throes of selling his house at the moment as well, hoping to exchange before we go, that would be the icing on the cake!

So back to the holiday, I actually bought a pair of shorts last week, my first holiday purchase! Also bought a box of Nescafé Skinny Cappucino sachets! We always take them on hols for our hotel room! That's the extent of my holiday shopping so far!

I do keep looking on YouTube at Delta Business as I've no real idea what expect, it's looking rather nice to be honest!

I might be getting a tiny bit excited - just might! Xx
Old 30 Apr 17, 02:56 PM  
Link to this Post
Gryff
Imagineer

And so you should be
Gryff is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List