Notices
Disneyland California and West Coast Trip Planning Disneyland California and West Coast Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 29 Sep 19, 02:18 PM  
Link to this Post
cartoonp
VIP Dibber

cartoonp's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 4
Restaurant Reviews: 14

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 2
Guidebook Photos: 45
Guidebook Reviews: 1
What do you all think of this

🤔 of doing a west coast trip next year flying to LA going to Disney then having a few days in LA the. Train to san francisco doing a few things then flying back from san francisco or doing the bus back to LA having a day in LA then flying back to uk

A few questions

How many days at Disney
How many days in LA to see the sites ect
How many days in san francisco

Many thx
cartoonp is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 Sep 19, 06:25 PM  
Link to this Post
cartoonp
VIP Dibber

cartoonp's Reviews

theDIBB Guidebook
Anyone any thoughts
cartoonp is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 Sep 19, 06:44 PM  
Link to this Post
jdouds
Imagineer

2/3 days Disney 2 days most for LA , how long is your trip, does anyone drive. There is so much to see on the PCH that driving would be best. Santa Barbara, Monterey and possibly over to yosemite.
jdouds is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 Sep 19, 06:51 PM  
Link to this Post
cartoonp
VIP Dibber

cartoonp's Reviews

theDIBB Guidebook
Originally Posted by jdouds View Post
2/3 days Disney 2 days most for LA , how long is your trip, does anyone drive. There is so much to see on the PCH that driving would be best. Santa Barbara, Monterey and possibly over to yosemite.
Cheers
Old 29 Sep 19, 08:21 PM  
Link to this Post
cornishfrogboy
VIP Dibber

I agree with 2-3 at the most at Disney and also with 2 at most in LA.

For many, the absolute highlight of a West Coast trip is a drive on the PCH with all the awesome sights that this entails.

I went 2 years back and the part of the PCH that I most wanted to see (Carmel to San
Simeon) was closed. I will be returning at Easter 2020 in order to specifically drive that part of the route.

I would not consider a W Coast trip without a car as it is not simply about travelling City to City. I am more than comfortable using AMTRAC when it suits.. but not in California.

I think you need to read some trip reports and formulate a plan.
Mine is ‘California N to South at Easter’. As it is all on one thread, it may give you a running start of things to do. Afterwards it would be down to researching other ‘one day, one thread’‘ reports that cover various attractions in far more detail.

Hope it helps.

2005 onwards.. lots of times!

Index of all my Trip and Pretrip reports..https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/sho...6#post15662196
cornishfrogboy is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 Sep 19, 07:31 AM  
Link to this Post
cartoonp
VIP Dibber

cartoonp's Reviews

theDIBB Guidebook
Thank you 😊
Old 30 Sep 19, 07:44 AM  
Link to this Post
tomasrey88
New Poster (3)

I used to live in LA. Traffic sucks. I suggest that you get a hotel near whatever attractions you plan on seeing. Minimize your driving and budget at least half a day to get to the airport or you might miss your flight. I budgeted 4 hours to get to the airport but it took me 5 hours to get there so I missed my flight. I spent the night on a bench outside of LAX so I could wait for a standby seat the next morning. Ugh...
tomasrey88 is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 Sep 19, 10:06 AM  
Link to this Post
cartoonp
VIP Dibber

cartoonp's Reviews

theDIBB Guidebook
Thank you
Old 8 Oct 19, 10:04 PM  
Link to this Post
Sew109
Imagineer

Have a look at the Winchester mystery house just outside San Francisco winchestermysteryhouse/
Sew109 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Oct 19, 05:08 PM  
Link to this Post
Endeavour
VIP Dibber

We're doing California next Easter - have opted for 4 days in SF, 2 in LA and 2 in Anaheim for Disney. Toyed with the idea of driving or going by train between SF and LA but ended up opting to fly, which will give us an extra half day in LA; train times seemed to be really long for what is roughly the equivalent of Edinburgh to London.
Endeavour is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List