Notices

Old 31 Jan 11, 11:04 PM  
Link to this Post

Hi yeah,

the air train is what you get from the airport terminal itself to get to the NJT train station which then takes you into NYC.

So . . .

I haven't done a great deal in terms of buying, have been busy planning the days to try and make sure we're doing what we want to, and ahead of deciding whether I want to buy a NY pass or not.

However, have today, bought our disney tickets from Orlando Attractions. Decided on the 5 day magic your way plus tickets which has 2 free extra days.
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 Feb 11, 05:07 PM  
Link to this Post

fairfx going up so topped up with £50 today before I spent any extra money for the month and cos its been so low recently . . . .just under $1000 on my card now
Old 6 Feb 11, 01:44 PM  
Link to this Post
SammyScotland
Imagineer

Sounds like your plans are coming along great. We have been to the Sony Wonderlab. It was well worth the visit. We went round about the same time as you in May 2009 and when I phoned them to book our places they advised that it was better to go in the afternoon as they get a lot of school trips in the morning.
Old 6 Feb 11, 01:55 PM  
Link to this Post
ojoboots
Imagineer

Your plan looks great so far

Villa - Magic Landings 2006
Villa - Highgrove 2007
Villa - Formosa Gardens 2008
Villa - LWP/Windwood Bay 2009
Villa - Calabay Parc 2010
Villa - Highgate Park 2011
Villa - Vista Park 2012
Villa - Ridgewood Lakes 2013

ojoboots is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Feb 11, 10:56 AM  
Link to this Post

Well, we are now into double digits, and its getting closer.

Balance has to be paid by 1st March so will be doing that next week. Will then only have to find the rest of the spending money, although Ive still been topping up on my fairfx cards. using one for New York and one for Florida. They have jointly about $1000 dollards on them.

Ordered and bought 5 day MYW plus tickets which came with 2 extra days free from Orlando attractions and they arrived by special delivery last friday. Havent bought Seaworld/aquatica tickets yet, but have decided we will go to seaworl memorial day as they have extended hours to 10pm with additional shows so the kind lady from their customer services told me in an email

Spending money has taken a hit unfortunately as I had to buy a new car, I had hoped to wait until we came back, but so much was going wrong with my other (even tho it was only 5 years old) and it was costing me a fortune to run, so Im now with new car.

Emailed Meteor park and greet to advise them I am changing cars, need to email them with new details next week.

Need to order photopass next week for the photopass group too

Asked for some advice on TA about my itinerary and got told I was mad for planning now for a trip in may LMAO, if they came to this site, they'd have a field day!

Anyway, its getting closer.

Ive been in touch with a lovely DIBB member who is doing pet sitting and she will be looking after the boys and the cats, and my house while we are away, so we are making final arrangements about that and I need to get together the 25% deposit . . . I feel happier knowing my boys will be in their home environment, although this isn't something Ive done before. Noirmally family call in to feed the cats, but knowing they will all have company while I am away is such a weight of my mind

Go Paula
Old 20 Feb 11, 09:16 PM  
Link to this Post

Fairfx hit 1.6005 this weekend.

Cant buy much cos of having to pay for the holiday, but put another £145 spread between the two cards. Totals now

$819 on the Orlando Card
$422 on the New York Card.

Ordered a couple more TSA locks which are on offer via Argos, delivery only but half price!
Old 25 Feb 11, 10:44 PM  
Link to this Post
Bobsledwheels
Imagineer

Bobsledwheels's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 1

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 16
Your planning looks fab!

Myself and my OH are doing a very very similar trip on 31st December - 5 nights in NYC and 11 in Orlando - hopefully we will arrive in time to make it to Central Park for the fireworks on NYE! (Don't fancy the ball drop - far too busy and too many people i think though we will see! )

I think the natural history museum looks fab! I've also been looking into MoMa exhibits - are you thinking of going there?

Di x

USA: Jan 07 10n off-site // Jan 12 5n NYC, 11n I-Drive //
Oct 14 3 wks - Honeymoon! YC // Oct 16 Orlando 14n OKW // May 17 2n Cali adv & DL // Dec 18 10n AKL

PARIS: Sept 12 3n at SL // Nov 13 4n SL // Nov 15 4n SL (cut short) // Nov 16 4n NPB
TOKYO // HONG KONG: April 16 4 Days TKDL & TKDS // May 16 1 Day HKDL
CRUISES: Oct 14 4n Bahamian // June 15 7n Norwegian inaugural // Sept 15 11n WBTA // May 17 5n West coast // May 17 7n Alaskan // Dec 18 4n Bahamian
Bobsledwheels is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Feb 11, 02:47 PM  
Link to this Post

We were planning on going to the AMNH but DS has said he would prefer to go to USS Intrepid, so we are heading there rather than the AMNH.

UPDATE

Paid the £1370 balance on the holiday yesterday . . . its now all paid for.

Also got the correct confirmation number for our continental flight so I can do the API

Old 26 Feb 11, 03:54 PM  
Link to this Post
SammyScotland
Imagineer

It's great when you pay the balance off. Ours is due on the 20th of April. Expedia will automatically take it off the credit card we used to book the holiday.
Old 26 Feb 11, 06:38 PM  
Link to this Post

Yep and it stops me from thinking shall I change plans, change flights, change from villa to hotel etc