Link to this Post
SammyScotland
Imagineer

Another bite of The Big Apple!

Cast:-

Me (47) - Lover of holidays;
DH (51) - aka Victor Meldrew and
DS (17) - gamer, lover of PS3 and Wii.

This will be our fourth visit to New York as a family. I have been once on my own with my DF Lisa to celebrate my 40th birthday.

When we decided to go back to New York again I went onto Expedia and found another good deal. Flying from Glasgow on the 13th of June, staying 4 nights at The Waldorf Astoria and then flying back to Glasgow on the 17th of June for £2036.00. Our flights are direct with Continental. We flew with them in 2010 and we were really impressed and we stayed at The Waldorf last year so we know exactly what to expect there.

I am still working on our itinerary but do know that we want to go to see two plays - Harvey, starring Sheldon out of The Big Bang Theory and One Man, Two Guvenors starring James Corden. DS will also want to make a daily visit to the Nintendo Store.

I have booked the car parking at Glasgow Airport, purchased our travel insurance from the AA and started my holiday diet, so far I have lost 4lbs. I am hoping to get new ESTAs next weekend when I get paid.

Thanks for reading.
SammyScotland is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Jan 12, 05:03 PM  
Link to this Post
MichelleB
Imagineer

Sounds like a good trip! Have fun with the planning. I was trying to remember what the James Corden play was.

We are off on Easter Sunday for a week. First time for all of us, taking the boys who are 13 and 10, it will be youngest's birthday while we are there. We are going to see War Horse at the Lincoln Center.

WDW Feb 2007 Bahama Bay
Beach Club/HRH/ Bella Piazza condo Oct 2010 New York April 2012
HRH and OKW August 2014. Boston, White Mts and Maine 2016
Planning for California Sept 2019
MichelleB is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Jan 12, 06:40 PM  
Link to this Post
SammyScotland
Imagineer

Originally Posted by MichelleB View Post
Sounds like a good trip! Have fun with the planning. I was trying to remember what the James Corden play was.

We are off on Easter Sunday for a week. First time for all of us, taking the boys who are 13 and 10, it will be youngest's birthday while we are there. We are going to see War Horse at the Lincoln Center.
You will all have a great time. I don't know if your boys are into gaming but there is the Nintendo Store at the Rockefeller Centre where you can get teeshirts based on games and the Sony Wonderlab. I can also highly recommend the Intrepid Museum.
Old 20 Jan 12, 08:50 PM  
Link to this Post
MichelleB
Imagineer

I am sure we shall have a look at the Nintendo store and Sony Wonderlab, I suspect they regard themselves as a bit too old for some of it, eldest is into world of warcraft, etc. Intrepid is on the agenda for the birthday itself (not my thing but will grin and bear it!) Might book the Concorde tour as we met a Concorde pilot last year who was very interesting and talked to the boys about the engineering etc.

WDW Feb 2007 Bahama Bay
Beach Club/HRH/ Bella Piazza condo Oct 2010 New York April 2012
HRH and OKW August 2014. Boston, White Mts and Maine 2016
Planning for California Sept 2019
MichelleB is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Jan 12, 09:14 PM  
Link to this Post
SammyScotland
Imagineer

We did the guided tour 'Humanity Behind The Hardware' on the Intrepid. Paid a little bit extra but it was well worth every penny. My DS will be 18in July and he says he'll never be too old for the Nintendo Store.
Old 21 Jan 12, 08:34 PM  
Link to this Post
WileyCoyote
I am not a shopaholic

Fab - I just found your pre trippy - it sounds like a wonderful visit you have planned - cant wait to read all about it and its going to be here before you know it
WileyCoyote is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Jan 12, 07:15 PM  
Link to this Post
SammyScotland
Imagineer

Thanks Amanda. Lost another 4lbs this week so holiday diet coming along great.
Old 25 Jan 12, 01:42 PM  
Link to this Post
MissVincent
Imagineer

Sounds like a great trip. We wanted to see harvey but its only on till August n we dont go till Oct
MissVincent is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Jan 12, 07:55 PM  
Link to this Post
SammyScotland
Imagineer

Originally Posted by MissVincent View Post
Sounds like a great trip. We wanted to see harvey but its only on till August n we dont go till Oct
That's a shame. It's DH that really wants to see it. Me and DS just go with the flow!
Old 5 Feb 12, 02:36 PM  
Link to this Post
SammyScotland
Imagineer

Well this weekend I have been thinking about a provisional itinerary - beats doing housework. This is what I am thinking:-

Wednesday 13th June - travel day - Ripley's Believe It Or Not
Dinner

Thursday 14th June - Nintendo Store
NBC store
HBO store
Bryant Park
NY Public Library
Central Park
Dinner
Show - The Best Man

Friday 15th June - 9/11 Memorial
Century 21
Seaport/Seaport Museum
NYPD Museum
Highline Park
Dinner

Saturday 16th June - Walking the Brooklyn Bridge (both ways)
Revisit HBO Store & Nintendo Store
Dinner
Show - One Man, Two Guvnors

Sunday 17th June - travel day - Lie in
Sunday brunch - St. Andrew's Pub and Restaurant
Last look around Times Sq
Bus to airport

Edited at 09:01 AM.
SammyScotland is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List