Notices

Old 24 Mar 12, 10:43 PM  
Link to this Post
NatOwls
Imagineer

Originally Posted by SammyScotland View Post
Yes, it is do-able.

Toys R Us and Hersheys are in Times Square. You can walk from Times Square to the Rockefeller Centre where Top of the Rock and Nintendo World are. You can then walk from there up to Central Park where FAO Schwartz (the shop with the piano) and the Apple Store are.

Grand Central Terminal is not far from Times Square heading south. The Empire State Building and Madison Square Gardens are a few blocks further south. Macy's is also near them.

Ground Zero is at the bottom of Manhatten. I don't know where your Evening Cruise is leaving from but if it is from Seaport you will be able to visit Ground Zero just before doing that.

You will need to be on the go all the time you are there to fit everything in but it will be so worth it.
Thank you very much ! That us wonderful information 👍👍
I've been trying to figure that lot out for weeks lol x
NatOwls is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Mar 12, 04:01 PM  
Link to this Post

Great plan - Highline Park is beautiful! Look forward to the Trip Report and updates!
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Apr 12, 07:37 AM  
Link to this Post
WileyCoyote
I am not a shopaholic

Sammy - only 70 days to go , sooooooooo exciting !
WileyCoyote is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Apr 12, 08:08 PM  
Link to this Post
SammyScotland
Imagineer

Originally Posted by WileyCoyote View Post
Sammy - only 70 days to go , sooooooooo exciting !
Amanda, this year is going in really quick, don't you think? I haven't really done any more planning for New York as work has been so hetic these past few weeks and still is. I did get some new clothes at the weekend but that's been about it. At the end of this month, I'm going to get our ESTAs, the last of our dollars and our show tickets. I'm still hoping to lose half a stone before we go. Between now and New York we have my BIL's 50th birthday dinner, my niece's first communion, DS's exams and prom. A busy wee time!

Not long until your holiday.
Old 15 Apr 12, 08:22 AM  
Link to this Post
SammyScotland
Imagineer

Update - we have now decided to do three shows. Thursday the
14th we are going to see The Best Man, Friday the 15th Harvey and Saturday the 16th One Man, Two Guvenors. As a family we love the theatre. Hoping to get discounted tickets in advance - there is a discount for Harvey already.

Thanks to Manta we now have our 911 Memorial tickets booked and we have decided on the Saturday, our Central Park day, we will try to explore as much of the park as possible instead of just concentrating on certain areas.

Due some overtime and bonus money in my pay packet at the end of April so I will be loading up my Fairfx card to get our ESTAs and theatre tickets and will be getting some more dollars in cash.
Old 15 Apr 12, 10:03 AM  
Link to this Post
WileyCoyote
I am not a shopaholic

Sam - sound wonderful - I wish I could interest my lot in the theatre - maybe as they get older
I will be loking forward to your trippy as NYC is definitely on my list of must dos !
I now what you mean about fairfx - been watching the rates as the kids got some hliday oney from my MiL so I'm thinking of putting it onto Fairfx - if they have the dollars in their mitts one of them is bound to have a mishap
under 60 days now - yippee !
WileyCoyote is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Apr 12, 01:41 PM  
Link to this Post
SammyScotland
Imagineer

Amanda, we are lucky DS will come to most shows with us. We have tickets booked for The War of the Worlds show, which is coming to Glasgow in December. DS has actually chosen The Best Man as it is about American politics.

I loaded my Fairfx card several times last year and used it to pre-book the tours we did. I prefer to use it to book things on-line rather than using my credit card.

We are all really looking forward to this holiday even though we have been the last three years. I don't know realistically if we will be able to have an American holiday next year - will need to see how much I can syphon off of DS's student loan so we aim to make the most of this one.
Old 15 Apr 12, 03:06 PM  
Link to this Post
Hannikins
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 6
Guidebook Photos: 135
oooo not long to go, looks like you've picked some ace shows to see!

Nov 16-Shanghai & Japan - In Progress
Nov 15-Hong Kong & Singapore - Coming Soon!
June 15-Rome & Florence
Dec 14-WDW | 13-WDW | 12-DLP | 12-NY&DC | 11-West Coast | 10-DLP | 09-WDW
Hannikins is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Apr 12, 03:46 PM  
Link to this Post
SammyScotland
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Hannikins View Post
oooo not long to go, looks like you've picked some ace shows to see!
I wish I had your countdown, though!
Old 27 Apr 12, 01:36 PM  
Link to this Post
SammyScotland
Imagineer

Originally Posted by SammyScotland View Post
Due some overtime and bonus money in my pay packet at the end of April so I will be loading up my Fairfx card to get our ESTAs and theatre tickets and will be getting some more dollars in cash.
Yay, payday today. I have had a really productive morning. Fairfx card loaded by bank transfer. ESTAs applied for and all approved - it did say I still had a valid one but I just paid for a new one anyway and although DH's was pending at first it was approved by the time I had done DS's. Tickets for One Man, Two Guvnors booked and paid for - just to pick them up from the Box Office. I used the website Broadwayoffers.com and saved 80 dollars so I'm pleased with that. Some more dollars ordered from our local Thomas Cook so I'm just about to go out and collect them.

Things are certainly coming together - although only one more payday now until we go.

Edited at 01:42 PM.
SammyScotland is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List