Notices

Old 24 Aug 12, 10:18 AM  
Link to this Post
laurac1988
Imagineer

Virgin Says...

12 days, 23 hrs, 22 mins until your next flight with us...

API is done, ESTA is done *wipes brow*. It always makes me nervous because I have to put "Germany" as country where born and then "british National"... sometimes places don't like that. Dad was in the army...

Apart from a bit of last minute planning, we're all set to go!

Is it time yet?
laurac1988 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Aug 12, 08:47 PM  
Link to this Post
laurac1988
Imagineer

10 days, 12 hrs, 54 mins until your next flight with us...

Planning, planning, planning.

This weekend I've been on night shifts, so during the 2am - 5am lull I've been putting together itineraries and such. Just annoying that I end up having to do everything by hand rather than on the computer! Will get it all typed up at some point to share on here.

I realised that we booked our 9/11 memorial tickets for the wrong day! We booked them for the day we arrived instead of our first full day, so there's no way in Hell we're making that! I have managed to talk DP into combo tour and 9/11 visitor center passes - I've been really interested in the tours for some time, but DP is only doing a tour because you get a memorial pass with it too. I find 9/11 fascinating (I think it's because I just can't comprehend it) and being told about events by someone who was involved I feel will help me understand a bit better.

DP's uncle passed away this morning. They're pretty close as he lived with her mum. No one really knows why he passed away - her mum just found him deceased this morning. DP was really worried that the funeral may fall whilst we are in NYC, but after having a chat with her mum we are still going to go regardless of funeral. He would have wanted us to go. RIP Andy xxx
laurac1988 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Aug 12, 05:12 PM  
Link to this Post
laurac1988
Imagineer

Not too long to go now! So super excited!

Was thinking about buying an IPad whilst out there, but DP says she will get me one when I get back, so I'm thinking a new digi camera. I actually haven't owned a camera for about four years, so I think maybe I'll pick a new one up on the first day. Thinking I'll pop into B&H - sure they'll have something for me. I'm a bit of a technophobe, but DP is a camera nut, so she can guide me through :-)

Also looking forward to going to Elenis for a box of these...

Will probably bring some back for the folk at work :-)

Also looking forward to revisiting Juniors. It's my favourite NYC restaurant. It's not the "foodiest" of places, but DP and I are not into fine dining or anything like that. Just love the food, the atmosphere and the cheesecake of course in Juniors. We went there for breakfast last year and had a lovely meal sitting out in the NYC September sunshine. Plus, any restaurant that has unlimited ice tea is a winner with me!

Also looking forward to picking up my usual taster pack from Crumbs. I can't cope with their full size cupcakes, but the taster pack is just perfect.

Also intending on a Starbucks each day. That's just me being a dork. Love my Starbucks and don't drink a huge amount of it here - purely because of saving for stuff like holidays. Spending money isn't real money (haha!) so a Starbucks a day shall be lovely!

Edited at 05:16 PM.
Old 29 Aug 12, 04:41 PM  
Link to this Post
Hannikins
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 6
Guidebook Photos: 135
not long now!

Nov 16-Shanghai & Japan - In Progress
Nov 15-Hong Kong & Singapore - Coming Soon!
June 15-Rome & Florence
Dec 14-WDW | 13-WDW | 12-DLP | 12-NY&DC | 11-West Coast | 10-DLP | 09-WDW
Hannikins is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 Aug 12, 09:13 PM  
Link to this Post
laurac1988
Imagineer

I know right! So super excited!

Three more shifts at work to go. Hopefully will be nice and quiet like they were during Olympics
Old 29 Aug 12, 11:12 PM  
Link to this Post
laurac1988
Imagineer

Just discovered that Jason Robert Brown is doing a gig while we're there - well I say we just discovered that... we knew that already. What we didn't know was that another of my favourite Broadway folk, Shoshana Bean, will be doing the gig with him

So... for those Wicked fans out there... this means we will see four Elphabas in our time in NYC - Julia Murney, Eden Espinosa, Stephanie J Block and Shoshana Bean. Go us!
Old 4 Sep 12, 05:02 PM  
Link to this Post
laurac1988
Imagineer

Settin off to drop off the dogs tomorrow :-) very excited
Old 5 Sep 12, 12:42 PM  
Link to this Post

Have a great time
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 Oct 12, 06:34 AM  
Link to this Post
NatOwls
Imagineer

I've only just found this Pre-TR. I looks fab. Is there a TR to go with this ? I'd love to read it 👍
NatOwls is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 Oct 12, 06:34 AM  
Link to this Post
DIBBadmin
Imagineer

This thread has been automatically closed as it has not been posted on in 365 days.
DIBBadmin is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List