Notices

Old 17 Mar 16, 08:18 PM  
Link to this Post
katiec68
Imagineer

katiec68's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
WOO HOO

Tickets have arrived. We weren't expecting them until a couple of weeks before we go.
They have arrived in a beautiful box and has lots of personalised bits and pieces in there.

The booklet "Katrena and Andrew" has bits of information on all our destinations.

Its a really well put together thing of beauty, it feels lovely - not like the one sheet of A4 paper we got as our skiing tickets!

Katie x

Edited at 09:31 PM.
katiec68 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Mar 16, 12:53 PM  
Link to this Post
Tink75
Imagineer

Wow they look very posh Katie! I will definitely check out that company in future for any long hauls we do.

Hope you are feeling better now and back into training. We've all had sore throats and mine has turned into a head cold - ugh!

I can't believe you go in such a short space of time. Yikes! Sorry to hear about your Khao Lak hotel - like you though, I take things with a pinch of salt. You are coming to the end of the busy season when you go so you may find it's just fine. I think even the best hotels sometimes have a wobble when they are really busy. I am not sure how I'm feeling about our hotel in KL. The reviews are up and down too and obviously it's going to be soooo busy at Christmas! Still, we have the lovely beach to look forward to and plenty of nice trips to keep us busy.

I hope Adele was good :-)
Tink75 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Mar 16, 05:17 PM  
Link to this Post
katiec68
Imagineer

katiec68's Reviews
Originally Posted by Tink75 View Post
Wow they look very posh Katie! I will definitely check out that company in future for any long hauls we do.

Hope you are feeling better now and back into training. We've all had sore throats and mine has turned into a head cold - ugh!

I can't believe you go in such a short space of time. Yikes! Sorry to hear about your Khao Lak hotel - like you though, I take things with a pinch of salt. You are coming to the end of the busy season when you go so you may find it's just fine. I think even the best hotels sometimes have a wobble when they are really busy. I am not sure how I'm feeling about our hotel in KL. The reviews are up and down too and obviously it's going to be soooo busy at Christmas! Still, we have the lovely beach to look forward to and plenty of nice trips to keep us busy.

I hope Adele was good :-)
Hi Tinks

Adele was just amazing - over 2 hrs on stage and she sounded just like the CD!

I am feeling much better thank you. Been able to do 2 10 mile runs this week as well as 15 miles this morning - not quite as far as id have liked but it'll do nicely!

Only 33 days left till we go - I can't believe its coming round so quickly. I think I've settled down a bit wth the hotel - I'm sure it'll be fine!

I think that Flight Centre have been amazing - nothing has been too much trouble. We will definitely use them again.

Katie x x

Edited at 05:26 PM.
katiec68 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Mar 16, 05:25 PM  
Link to this Post
katiec68
Imagineer

katiec68's Reviews
Well with only 32 days left till we leave for the airport I think for once we are just about there!

When out tickets arrived I just glanced through them but DH inspected them in his usual read every word manner - just as well as he discovered we had a free head massage & milk bath or a free set meal at one of the restaurants in the Banyan Tree. So restaurant window seat booked for 7pm on the Saturday - how exciting!

We were in London last week so took advantage of the debenhams 20% - DH got a couple new t-shirts and I got 3 new bikinis, shorts and some tops.
When we got home we realised that some of the stuff wasnt 25% off so today we went to our local Debenhams to take it back - and found they and the other full price bits I had decided to keep were now 20% off:angry:
Why DO Debenhams do that - soooo frustrating.

So we re-bought the bits , then it was a few vest tops to match in Primani. (Now I'm a Karen Millen girl at heart but there clothes really aren't suited to the sun or heat! )

I like to buy jazzy shorts/skirts and then just have plain vest tops to go.

Surprisingly I've also bought a couple of skirts in Tescos - linen skirts at £12 each - can't go wrong there!

SO I think Id just like one more pair or linen trousers and another summery strappy dress and Im pretty much sorted.

I think DH is sorted too - he just wants another pair of linen trousers too - he has some but thinks they're a bit big so he wants to try on a smaller size.

We were going to have a coffee in M&S (whilst we ate our Subway lunch ) and then try on the trousers but the queues were horrendous so he didn't feel like trying them on today.

My sister is coming up in a couple of weeks so we cant lay out our stuff in the spare room - still its a good feeling knowing were just about there.

Katie x x

Edited at 05:28 PM.
Old 4 Apr 16, 09:43 PM  
Link to this Post
Tink75
Imagineer

Hi Katie

My goodness, I haven't read for a while and it's all go! I know what you mean about Primarni - it's enough to pay for vest tops for holidays when you end up with suntan lotion all over them. Like you, I like to splash out on stuff more for evenings - I'm a bit of a sucker for Boden clothes !

Glad Adele was good - a friend of mine is seeing her tonight. I have heard brilliant things about her live.

Lovely to hear you are getting back into the running. It will give your confidence a boost for the big one!

I've had a bit of a mare with our hotel booking. As you know, I had thought about upgrading to swim up room but eventually decided to 'go for it'. Got in touch with tour operator and they wanted £1200+ for upgrade when it's showing £589 for new bookings! :angry: I left it and rang back today, and lo and behold I'd been quoted the wrong thing and it's actually £634. So we've gone for it. It's more than we wanted to pay on top of a really expensive trip but I think it will make ours and ultimately the children's holidays! So, just pleased we've made the decision.

It's sooo close for you now! Very exciting.

PS - yes, it's a pain when you can't lay your stuff out somewhere in a spare room. You'll have to shoo your sister away quickly - joking !

Edited at 10:08 PM.
Tink75 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 Apr 16, 08:55 PM  
Link to this Post
katiec68
Imagineer

katiec68's Reviews
Hi Tink

What a palever for your swim up room - I was going to suggest you contact the hotel directly but you've sorted it.

We've done the same thing - we upgraded to a pool access room after reading the reviews. Although our original room was a sea view room it only had a single chair and table on the balcony.

DH really doesnt so sun! so this way we can have the best of both words as there are loungers on the terrace - although I will miss the sea view.
We asked the tour operator for a price to upgrade £150 - direct was £90 and we can pay when we get there so we did it direct with the hotel.

3 weeks today we will be at the Premier Inn, Heathrow and I hope I will have 2 working legs! But I WILL most definitely be having a glass of the red stuff with my dinner!

The baby proofing starts tomorrow - we are definitely not set up for a small one in our house!
We had arranged for our new sofas to be delivered on Saturday - we are using our conservatory chairs at the moment but after seeing a video of the wee chap (bless him) we're gonna put the sofas off until Wed (hubby cant be home all day until then!).

I suppose the next photos will be of packed luggage!

Katie x x
Old 13 Apr 16, 08:41 PM  
Link to this Post
katiec68
Imagineer

katiec68's Reviews
Well - not quite at SDD but just had to pop in to say - 2 weeks today we'll be having a mahoosive glass of red wine at the Premier Inn at Heathrow :gig: (Will have had no wine for over 2 months so really cant wait! )

Katie
Old 13 Apr 16, 08:51 PM  
Link to this Post
Tink75
Imagineer

Sorry I haven't been on here reading. Gosh you got a bargain with your pool access room when you think how much ours is costing! I nearly didn't go for it but I do think it will make the holiday for us. And I'm sure it will do for you too.

Hope the 'visit' went well :-)

I think you will definitely deserve that glass of vino rouge!

Hope the training is still going well.
Old 13 Apr 16, 09:07 PM  
Link to this Post
katiec68
Imagineer

katiec68's Reviews
Hi Tinks

Yes - thankfully the "visit" its done! Its not the baby - its the parents!

Although they are lovely people they are also disorganised messy nightmares! They have more stuff for 3 days than they could get through in a month - and I always pack a 23kg case for a weeks beach holiday

We got our new sofas delivered on Saturday - probably not the best timing but it was the best we could do - I came down on Monday morning to find sticky toast fingers all over it Luckily DH had gone away for 2 days so he missed it!

Ive just got to make up the bed in the spare room and then we can lay the clothes back out.

Training going well - 15 miles last saturday and 8 tonight - was late leaving work and I said id be at mums by 530 so i missed the last 2. Still it'll be a 10 miles on Saturday and a short run next thurs and I'm done.

And next week I can start eating loads more too

Im sure your pool room will be worth every penny - even though its a big chunk of money.
We are lucky that we don't have to go in school holidays - I think May is getting into their low season.
I would hate to think what it would cost at Christmas!

Katie x x x
Old 17 Apr 16, 09:58 PM  
Link to this Post
Tink75
Imagineer

Hi - glad the sofas arrived and stayed in one piece OK!

Hope things are going well with the run training - eek not long now.

You are right about the swim up room - I am sure we will all enjoy it and I'm sure you will too. I can't believe it's come around so quickly. I know you booked late on due to having to change your plans, but it has still flown.

Hope your 'packing' piles are coming along nicely :-)