Notices

Old 22 Feb 16, 10:14 PM  
Link to this Post
Girlw0nder
VIP Dibber

The very secret, mega shhhhhh trip to NYC!

I've never done one of these pre-trip reports, but I always enjoy reading everyone else's so I thought I'd give it a go. What could go wrong?...

Here is the cast, although 3/4 don't have an iota of a clue that they are going!

Me: Chief planner (obviously) and keeper of the secret! It's been so bloomin' difficult! I just want to blurt it out, but I have managed thus far...
DH: The reason for the trip, he turns 40 while we are there. He has sacrificed every single birthday for the past 10 years as DS1 was born on his 30th! He deserves 10 years of birthdays rolled into this one! (Or at least that is the plan!)

My two boys, Vincent (9) turns 10 when we are there and Austin (7). They love NY and view it as a giant film set and are desperate to go hehehehe *smug face*

NY story so far...

Booked an epic deal back in September in the BA sale staying for 4 nights 5 days staying at Four Points at Shereaton, Midtown Times Square for £1805! Yes you saw that right £1805!

MAN - LHR - JFK and back! Great flight times which means we get maximum usage of our precious time when we're there.

BOOM!

I thought about it for all of 2 min and as my finger hovered over the 'book' button my life flashed before my eyes and I pressed it and the deed was done. It's official, we are going to New York!

Let me shout it from the roof tops, let me post it on Facebook... Oh hang on a second, I CAN'T, it's a secret, remember? Breathe! I still had another 6 months until the cat can be let out of the bag...

Anyway here I am, I have survived, well just about ,and confided in my mum and dad who have been great., oh and you lovely Dibbers, of course! It's good to talk!

I've got loads more to tell you and I shall be back very shortly with VERY EXCITING news!

Hope I'm doing ok so far?

3 weeks Cocoa Beach, Regal Oaks, CBR & HRH August 2015
Birthday trip NYC April 2016
East Coast 7 state Road Trip Aug 2017
West Coast Arizona, Nevada & California Aug 2018

TAKE ME BACK!

Edited at 10:15 PM.
Girlw0nder is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Feb 16, 10:17 PM  
Link to this Post
Sweets
like a dog with a bone

Excellent start. Can't wait to read more

Port Orleans Riverside ~ Oct 2012
Hard Rock Hotel (no Disney!) ~ Aug 2016
New York, Sheraton NY Times Square ~ Feb 2017
Santorini, Dana Villas ~ Aug 2017
Yacht Club ~ Sept 2018
Caribbean Cruise, P&O ~ Mar 2019
Caribbean Beach Resort ~ May 2022 & May 2023
Drury Plaza (first adults only trip!) ~ Aug 2024

Sweets is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Feb 16, 10:18 PM  
Link to this Post
miffyonline
Trying for More Ears

Woohoo! Sounds like a fab trip and that was a price not to be ignored. Get busy planning and updating us.

Our kids are seeing NYC for the first time next month, before we head to Orlando, and I think they are more excited about that part too!

Our last trip in 2011 I had to keep a secret from our three kids for 6 months and I was fit to burst. Couldn't tell anyone who might let it slip either.
This time round I had to keep secret our one-night stay in a Universal hotel as my mum was giving that to us as a family Christmas present.
Old 22 Feb 16, 10:19 PM  
Link to this Post
Girlw0nder
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by Sweets View Post
Excellent start. Can't wait to read more
Thank you so much! I'm really enjoying it!

TAKE ME BACK!
Girlw0nder is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Feb 16, 10:21 PM  
Link to this Post
Girlw0nder
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by miffyonline View Post
Woohoo! Sounds like a fab trip and that was a price not to be ignored. Get busy planning and updating us.

Our kids are seeing NYC for the first time next month, before we head to Orlando, and I think they are more excited about that part too!

Our last trip in 2011 I had to keep a secret from our three kids for 6 months and I was fit to burst. Couldn't tell anyone who might let it slip either.
This time round I had to keep secret our one-night stay in a Universal hotel as my mum was giving that to us as a family Christmas present.
Thank you!

How exciting! I can't wait to tell everyone! I love universal, it's so worth the money xx

TAKE ME BACK!
Old 22 Feb 16, 10:53 PM  
Link to this Post
Girlw0nder
VIP Dibber

Call me Bond!

I have had to live a double life being this sneaky! Seriously I could quite easily take on the role of a double agent right now and succeed!

I am also planning a 40th birthday party 2 days before we go which is stressful to say the least, but I'm rather impressed with my efforts so far. Everyone who has been invited can make it, bar one and room is booked and most importantly diet is on and dress is bought! Priorities right?!

Sorry! Back to the pre-trippy

First mistake: I didn't say when I was going. Rookie error, I'm afraid. Sorry about that!

Monday 4th April and we land back early Saturday 9th April. Boooooo

41 days to go people!

So there it is! Lots to do including two passports for the boys. What a crock!
DH "There's no rush, we don't go until the end of July"
ME " I'd rather get the done now and out of the way"

And so the white lies began...

When the passports came back - sent on the Thursday back by the following Tuesday (great service! ) - I had to renew their ESTAs and could finally do API. Hurray!

Now DH never looks at our joint account, it is basically my account now and I manage it myself. However... he was doing his tax return (he's self employed) and decided to access our online banking and print the statements off.

Arghhhhhhhhhhh!

Breathe!

Luckily enough he was searching through last tax year's statements and didn't even bat an eyelid! Phew! Too close for words!

Im safe. For now!

TAKE ME BACK!
Old 23 Feb 16, 08:26 PM  
Link to this Post
EJSakaAnna
Imagineer

Great start so far, I'm so excited for you . What a fab surprise for your boys!
EJSakaAnna is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Feb 16, 09:45 PM  
Link to this Post
Girlw0nder
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by EJSakaAnna View Post
Great start so far, I'm so excited for you . What a fab surprise for your boys!
Thank you! I'm sooooooo excited!

TAKE ME BACK!
Old 24 Feb 16, 10:11 PM  
Link to this Post
Girlw0nder
VIP Dibber

I'm back!

Ok, so keeping quiet is driving me insane now to be honest! Even though I have kept quiet for almost 6 months, these last weeks are the worst! I want to tell them now! It's not fair! Arghhhhhhhhh!

Anyhow I must stay the distance and it has to be the right time. When will that be I hear you cry? Well...

Roll on March 11th 2016. Date night! This is our 21st anniversary of the day we became girlfriend and boyfriend 💕💕 when I was just 17 years old! Awwwww! But I am getting ahead of myself, I have some explaining to do first...

So the main reason for this trip is to celebrate my DH 40th and eldest's 10th birthday, but lovely readers I'm afraid I have been even sneakier! Yes! To cut a long story short I have arranged for us to renew our wedding vows at Gapstow Bridge, Central Park on the Wednesday morning whilst we are there!

DH has mentioned it a few times, but I've not been too keen up until now, but I have taken the bull by the horns and made a few enquiries and found a lovely minister - Trudie (with fantastic reviews!) who will do the honours for us. It will be me DH and our boys. I am going to ask them to write something to read and hopefully we will write our own vows!

First time round in 2001:

So my plan is simple - to ask him to marry me (again!) 💕. I'm going to hand him an invite and it will say renew our vows at 10.30 Gapstow Bridge. He won't know where that is so I have got him a NY guide book.

I can't wait to see the look of realisation as it dawns on him! Hehehe!

Anyway, that's the soppy stuff out of the way. I hope I haven't made you feel nauseous! I promise to tell you more informative stuff about our itinerary of the trip in my next post! Scouts honour!

Thank you for reading, especially if you've stuck with me this far 😘

TAKE ME BACK!

Edited at 10:12 PM.
Old 27 Feb 16, 04:56 PM  
Link to this Post
Beth_Disney
Imagineer

That's brilliant, I can understand why you're struggling to keep it a secret. It's leap year so if you want to tell him even earlier you could ask him to marry you (again) on Monday?

Girly question - what are you planning to wear to renew your vows?
Beth_Disney is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List