Notices
Theme Parks Florida Rides, Attractions, Genie+ Questions and Info.

Old 4 Aug 19, 08:00 AM  
Link to this Post
SMAX
Imagineer

SMAX's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 4
Restaurant Reviews: 3

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 13
Guidebook Photos: 69
Video SeaVenture at Discovery Cove

SeaVenture at Discovery Cove always brings a smile to my miserable face.

I spent years Scuba Diving in what seems a previous life now. So SeaVenture does bring back memories of diving in the Florida Keys. This was my 3rd time of diving under the waters of Discovery cove and it is always special.

What was new to me this time was the harness you had to wear. This then attached to the blue air pipe to make sure nothing could pull it upwards. Having spoken to the crew they said it was to make sure if a ray got caught in the pipes it could not pull off the helmet. So a great safety feature they have added.

The whole experience takes around 30 minutes, but like all things you enjoy, it seems to go quickly. By leaving the video camera's going while under water, I can say that you are down under the water close to 30 minutes.

This video shows my experience of SeaVenture, shortened to around 6 minutes.

The first stop off point, on the sea floor walkabout, is the shark tank. The sharks are behind the glass, so there is no way you could mix with them.

Although they asked us if we would swim with them. Obviously everyone said YES!

They do take off any cameras you bring in with you, so they can get shots of yourself in front of the sharks. They also take more photos later in the walk.

You are welcome to bring action cams and waterproof cameras along with you and I would recommend getting one. You can borrow one of theirs but you will need to purchase the photos for these.

I did find one of the larger fish very interested in my DJI OSMO Action. Maybe he is a geek fish and was checking out the new model closely.

They do take time out to bring some creatures for you to touch and hold.

As I said it always brings a smile to my face even though this was the end of the dive.

Some points you might not know. You can prebook this before you go to make sure you get a place. You can also wear prescription glasses if you need too. But not sunglasses. You are fine with Transition lenses if your regular glasses has these as they will go clear under water.

I can wholeheartedly recommend SeaVenture at Discovery Cove. It is one of the highlights of the day there.

Edited at 07:30 PM.
SMAX is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Aug 19, 08:10 AM  
Link to this Post
bennyboy0751
VIP Dibber

im so jealous lol we go discovery cove every visit there on 18th November cant wait but i cant do this because im asthmatic so cant go under pressurised oxygen as it would cause me problems but my wife ann does she loves it
bennyboy0751 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Aug 19, 10:19 AM  
Link to this Post
Fraser789
Very Serious Dibber

Thanks for this review! We are going next month and it will be our first time doing the SeaVenture I'm really looking forward to it.
Fraser789 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 Aug 19, 12:19 AM  
Link to this Post
derenstar
Apprentice Imagineer

Great review! We will be there at end if this month and have booked Seaventure as well as the Dolphin Swim. I can’t wait!
derenstar is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 Aug 19, 06:29 AM  
Link to this Post
skinnybaby
Apprentice Imagineer

Great video

We will be doing this in November for the first time.
Question: What do you wear on your feet for this?

Thanks
skinnybaby is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 Aug 19, 07:45 AM  
Link to this Post
elliecjno1
Relaxing at the Grand Floridian

I've been & done it twice now & absolutely love it. For someone who doesn't like swimming & cant tread water I can get to experience this under water & also the dolphin swim without being made to feel like a prat Love DC!

Originally Posted by skinnybaby View Post
Great video

We will be doing this in November for the first time.
Question: What do you wear on your feet for this?

Thanks
I've always been barefoot as its sandy but have seen some wear water shoes.
April '18 - WDW - POFQ & Emerald Island Villa

MAY '20 - WDW - POFQ & AMI CANCELLED BY COVID
elliecjno1 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 Aug 19, 04:55 PM  
Link to this Post
bennyboy0751
VIP Dibber

we always wear wet shoes because the bottom of the dolphin swim is very rough and can be uncomfortable to stand on
bennyboy0751 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 Aug 19, 01:43 PM  
Link to this Post
Mibbs
Serious Dibber

Mibbs's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
Mobile

I did this last August with my 13 years son and we both loved it, worth every penny
Mibbs is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 Aug 19, 04:11 PM  
Link to this Post
TheSollys
Proud to wear my Ears

Great review.

I have tried scuba diving at our local centre, but had issues with regulating my breathing & also not being comfortable the pressure the water placed on my body.

Would I still have the same issues with this?

We are down to try it next year.
TheSollys is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 Aug 19, 04:18 PM  
Link to this Post
SMAX
Imagineer

SMAX's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 4
Restaurant Reviews: 3

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 13
Guidebook Photos: 69
Originally Posted by TheSollys View Post
had issues with regulating my breathing & also not being comfortable the pressure the water placed on my body.

Would I still have the same issues with this?
Expect a short/quick learning curve with this. One bit of advice is don't try and look/tilt your head down at the ground. Look forward all the time and look upwards if you feel any water coming in around your chin. This will force the air to push the water out again.

Regulating your breathing is easy. Just relax and breathe normally. With a regulator in your mouth there is an air restriction you just don't get with helmet diving. So your body doesn't react to trying to suck in air quicker. It is quite a normal breathing experience.
SMAX is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List