Notices
Weddings and Honeymoons DIBBers wedding and honeymoon planning and chat.

Closed Thread

Old 31 Mar 14, 09:36 AM  
Link to this Post
charlie_fame
Very Serious Dibber

charlie_fame's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 2
just need a bit of reassurance...

I went to one of these wedding dress outlet places yesterday with my bridesmaids just to try on a few styles to see what I really want, It was a bit of a disaster! Im a curvy girl, a size 14-16 and im ok with it (Im trying to loose a bit of weight for the wedding) but when I got there the girl who was helping me try on said go up one to two dress sizes. ok so that would make me about an 18 in wedding dress size... err not a chance! I tried on 4 size 18 dresses, they wouldn't even go over my head! then size 20 they wouldn't fasten , then size 22 was too big up top and too tight around my middle! it was ment to be an enjoyable experience but I was just holding back the tears . I don't really know what to do now! nothing fits! I feel really disheartened by the whole thing!
charlie_fame is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 31 Mar 14, 09:45 AM  
Link to this Post

I would suggest that you go to another store and try on lots of styles.
Try not to take any notice of the sizes on the labels as they really mean very little and no-one else will ever know what it says, just how gorgeous you look in it on the day.

I am a 14 and when i went to try bridesmaid dresses for a friends wedding the store ordered me in a size 22! It did upset me, so I know how you feel, but when i then went to choose my own wedding dress (at a different store) i was never told what size it was. It fit perfectly and I felt magical in it.
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 31 Mar 14, 11:25 AM  
Link to this Post
tnkrbell
Imagineer

tnkrbell's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 5

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 5
Guidebook Photos: 13
Guidebook Reviews: 1
Wedding dresses are sized differently to every day dresses. Remember when you order it it will be taken in and suited to you. Don't get disheartened by sizes on the label

November Pre Trippie
Our Happily Ever After 29/10/2014 Cypress Grove Estate House Wedding Day Report
2 weeks of offsites/onsites food report
tnkrbell is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 31 Mar 14, 11:52 AM  
Link to this Post
Hels80
VIP Dibber

I was a size 16 when I got married- and my dress was a 20.
Best Western I drive 1997, Regal Palms 2009, Wedding at Beuna Vista Palace 04/08/09, Coco Key 2010, Art of Animation, RPR Universal, Rosen Inn @ Pointe 2014, RPR & Disney's Swan 2017, Rosen Inn @ Pointe, Hard Rock Hotel, Port Orleans French 2018.

DLP: :
Best Western MLV 2007, Hotel Cheyenne 2008, Sequoia Lodge 2010, Dream Castle 2011, Kyriad MLV Torcy 2012, Hotel El'ysee 2012, Hotel Cheyenne 2013, Sequoia Lodge 2015.
Hels80 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 31 Mar 14, 12:03 PM  
Link to this Post
charlie_fame
Very Serious Dibber

charlie_fame's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 2
thanks ladies , it makes me feel a bit better that its not just me! all I want is a tea length pretty 1950s lace dress! ill carry on hunting
charlie_fame is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 Apr 14, 11:27 PM  
Link to this Post

Originally Posted by charlie_fame View Post
thanks ladies , it makes me feel a bit better that its not just me! all I want is a tea length pretty 1950s lace dress! ill carry on hunting
Look at Anne Balon.
Old 1 Apr 14, 11:33 PM  
Link to this Post
MissVincent
Imagineer

Originally Posted by charlie_fame View Post
I had a dress like that but not lace, I had it custom made from someone on etsy
MissVincent is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 31 Mar 14, 05:01 PM  
Link to this Post

I'm a 16-18 at the moment and my dress is a UK 24 - ignore the number, it doesn't matter as long as you feel amazing xx
Old 31 Mar 14, 05:12 PM  
Link to this Post
Libby29
Imagineer

I'm a size 14, when I got married , the woman in the bridal store told me I was getting fat & I'd put weight on from my previous fitting, I walked out in tears.. She asked who was giving me away & I told her my brother as my dad had passed away two years before, she repeatedly said your dad will be happy to walk you down the isle with that dress on, when you lose weight. I was so upset I didn't want to go back, however after speaking to the owner she apologised but still it upset me..
You will look lovely in your dress, just tell them you don't want to know the size & get the label cut off ... 😊
Libby29 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 31 Mar 14, 05:56 PM  
Link to this Post
Thing1thing2
Excited about Disney

It's just a number don't worry about it when you find the dress u love ur feel amazing! I've got a fifties dress for my wedding! It's a lou lou but it still needs altering I'm going to have it taken up shorter and a yellow petticoat.
When you find your dress and you can think about your accessories and how you want it to look your be so excited. Maybe try a different shop some of the sales assistants aren't very helpful.
Thing1thing2 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Closed Thread