Notices

Old 4 Jan 19, 12:36 PM  
Link to this Post
DISNEYNIC
Excited about Disney

Three Return to the Magic - October 2019

Hey guys

I wasn't going to write a pre-trip report but thought just do it or you will regret it so here we are.

We have been to WDW three times as a family and I went with my parents when I was 13. Previous three trip reports can be found under my ex-partners account (TheBeast).

Introductions first …

Me:- Nicola - just turned 40 admin/accounts manager, full time single Mum, Disney mad. So looking forward to our return to Disney following our last trip in February 2015. We have been to Universal for a week in 2016 and Disneyland 2017.

Alex:- 14 (will be 15 when we travel). Amazing young man, mad in to football, Portsmouth FC season ticket holder and all round good egg.

Izzy:- 11. Really looking forward to the rides this time as she's brave now. Insta mad, drama queen, hard work but worth it Had 7 inches chopped off her hair twice last year and donated to Little Princess Trust!

One last introduction as I can't resist. Our 5 month old Cockapoo puppy Jasmine - Obviously won't be coming on the trip and will be missed.

How this trip came about … We were all booked for October half term 2018 for 9 nights but I had to rearrange this following my separation due to lack of funds!

All booked for 8 nights from 25th October 2019 returning 2nd November 2019 staying at Port Orleans Riverside with Quick Service Dining Plan. Booked with Virgin Holidays on the 1pm flight from Gatwick. Will probably travel up the night before and stay at Premier Inn North Terminal - need to book this.

I booked our seats on the plane just before Christmas - we are the row of three second row from the exit door and plan a quick escape

Still to book - ADR's - although I will only be booking a couple as we are on the QSDP. I am going to book a breakfast and lunch at BOG and will definitely be booking breakfast at Garden Grille and paying out of pocket for brekkie with Chip and Dale.

Looking forward to the QSDP and not being tied to ADR's - equals more park time.

I will leave it there for now and be back for updates as things happen.

Feel free to add me on Instagram as holiday pics will be posted on here:- nicnaknic1

See ya real soon

Nicola
DISNEYNIC is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Jan 19, 01:00 PM  
Link to this Post
DISNEYNIC
Excited about Disney

For nostalgia …

DISNEYNIC is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Jan 19, 11:39 PM  
Link to this Post
Lisa_Lollipop
Imagineer

Exciting! I'm looking forward to following along with your plans! (Oh and Jasmine is just adorable!)
Lisa_Lollipop is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Jan 19, 12:39 AM  
Link to this Post
Jessika
Apprentice Imagineer

Great plans, I remember reading about your previous trips, I look forward to following along.
Jessika is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Jan 19, 12:56 AM  
Link to this Post
galaxy101
Getting Excited

We are booked to go the same day as you, however, I hacked recently separated from my oh & might need to postpone to have more time to save x
Old 8 Jan 19, 12:31 PM  
Link to this Post
DISNEYNIC
Excited about Disney

Originally Posted by Lisa_Lollipop View Post
Exciting! I'm looking forward to following along with your plans! (Oh and Jasmine is just adorable!)
Thank you. She is super adorable

Originally Posted by Jessika View Post
Great plans, I remember reading about your previous trips, I look forward to following along.
Thanks

Originally Posted by galaxy101 View Post
We are booked to go the same day as you, however, I hacked recently separated from my oh & might need to postpone to have more time to save x
I hope you get back to Disney soon. I didn't feel too bad at postponing and now have an amazing holiday to look forward to that I can plan.
Old 16 Jan 19, 11:36 AM  
Link to this Post
DISNEYNIC
Excited about Disney

Seriously considering booking MNSSHP for actual Halloween! Expensive tho but how amazing would that be - should I / shouldn't I?

Customised our magic bands:-

Need to apply for a credit card which I will only be using for making bookings etc. Hope to use magic band and pay off balance with cash every few days once at WDW.

Will apply for our ESTAs in April to allow plenty of time.

Nicola

Trip Report October/November 2019:-
https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/sho... php?t=1150263
Old 22 Feb 19, 03:21 PM  
Link to this Post
Bianca
VIP Dibber

Hi Nicola

I'm so glad you decided to record and share your trip with us.

I'm guessing, given their previous visits and their ages (I can't believe Alex is 14!), that the kids can be a big part of the planning with you?

Lots to look forward to!

“I cannot discover that anyone knows enough to say definitely what is and what is not possible", Henry Ford

Contemporary Resort - Disneyland Hotel - Treehouse Villas - Vistana - Youth Hostel Anaheim - Quality Inn Intern'l Dr - Port Orleans Riverside
Bianca is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Feb 19, 07:53 PM  
Link to this Post
DISNEYNIC
Excited about Disney

Originally Posted by Bianca View Post
Hi Nicola

I'm so glad you decided to record and share your trip with us.

I'm guessing, given their previous visits and their ages (I can't believe Alex is 14!), that the kids can be a big part of the planning with you?

Lots to look forward to!
Hi Biana. Thanks we are so excited. Alex and Izzy will definitely help with the planning. Although we will be winging it a little more as not tied to ADRs. Hopefully with them bring older we can have some later nights in the park.

Old 23 Feb 19, 10:53 AM  
Link to this Post
DISNEYNIC
Excited about Disney

Alex and Izzy have decided they want to do dinner at Ohaha! Amazing choice I can almost taste the pot stickers 😂😂. So will be hopefully making the following ADRs in April:-

BOG breakfast first morning
Garden Grill breakfast-paying out of pocket
BOG lunch on an MK day
Ohana dinner-paying out of pocket. Not sure whether to make this last night or night before.