Notices
General Trip Reports Reports that don't fit in to the other categories

Old 11 Jun 08, 10:26 PM  
Link to this Post

Don’t touch the money – Day 7 Sunday 8th June 2008.

I awoke at 9.30 feeling much better. I couldn’t believe I’d slept for almost 13 hours The pain in my shoulders had gone although I was losing alarming chunks of skin as they began to peel. I jumped in the shower and then woke Bill up. It was almost 10 when we showed up for breakfast. We had the usual tasty food – I especially liked the home made mango yoghurt, it was so yummy.
Following breakfast we again went to the main pool where Bill continued to admire his feet. I wonder if I could paint his toe nails when he’s asleep I sat in the shade when I wasn’t in the water. A lot of people were going home today and lots more were arriving. We said our farewells to people we had enjoyed chatting to and realized it would be our turn the following day
In the afternoon we went for a walk along the beach – wow it was hot walking there with no shade and we soon returned to the cooler water of the pool. We really didn’t do anything else other than to swim and relax today. Later on in the afternoon we returned to the room where I began to pack while Bill had a nap.

Now where to eat for our last night? We both really enjoyed the Chinese restaurant across the road and were both keen to return for our last night. This time we ordered one beef curry, which came on a sizzling hot plate and sizzled and spat for a good 10 minutes after it was brought to the table. We also ordered one beef with pepper and spring onion and two portions of vegetable egg fried rice. Once again the meal was delicious and not at all rushed.
The sizzling curry

After our meal we returned to the hotel and sat outside with the Geordie couple we had become friendly with. We had a Stella each while we all chatted and groaned at the ‘pub singer’ who sang the same songs in the same order as he had earlier on in the week. It was a pleasant way to round off the evening though and we returned to our room with thoughts of going home the next day ☹

Edited at 08:55 PM.
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 Jun 08, 10:58 PM  
Link to this Post

Glad you were feeling better - the long sleep must have been the tonic you needed - hooray for Bill and all his drugs!
Old 11 Jun 08, 11:06 PM  
Link to this Post
Jools
Imagineer

Originally Posted by SusieK View Post
Glad you were feeling better - the long sleep must have been the tonic you needed - hooray for Bill and all his drugs!
He has his uses Susie
Jools is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Jun 08, 07:17 AM  
Link to this Post
Bob_and_Dawn
Imagineer

Bob_and_Dawn's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 2
Originally Posted by Dollar_Bill View Post
Later on in the afternoon we returned to the room where I began to pack while Bill had a nap.
Bill certainly has changed since the last time I saw him as I'm almost sure he was a bloke.

Bob

Edited at 04:34 PM.
Bob_and_Dawn is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Jun 08, 08:33 AM  
Link to this Post
georgemac
Imagineer

georgemac's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
Restaurant Reviews: 8
Another nice relaxing day and good meal.
1997 Airtours, 1999 BA Best Western LBV, 2001 Westridge Villa, 2005 Westridge Villa (Trip Report)
georgemac is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Jun 08, 02:06 PM  
Link to this Post
orlandosgr8
Imagineer

orlandosgr8's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 1
A lovely day, the food looks yummy

Orlando 02,04,06,07,08,10,11,12,13,14,16, 18 &
New York 06, 11 and Smoky Mountains 14
orlandosgr8 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Jun 08, 03:54 PM  
Link to this Post

aww glad you were feeling better this day and had another good meal at the chinese x
Old 12 Jun 08, 06:04 PM  
Link to this Post
Sarah84
Imagineer

Sounds like a nice relaxing day, glad you were feeling better. Nice pics, the food looks yummy
Sarah84 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Jun 08, 10:15 AM  
Link to this Post
highlander447
Imagineer

highlander447's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
Restaurant Reviews: 18
Glad you felt better, would have been funny if you had painted Bills toes
highlander447 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Jun 08, 07:03 PM  
Link to this Post

Glad you felt better. After an argument, one of my friends painted her husband's toe nails a lovely shade of purple after he had fallen asleep. He didn't notice until he was outside and by that time it was too late