Notices
Trip Planning Florida Florida Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Closed Thread

Old 10 Jul 11, 09:00 PM  
Link to this Post
Huddo
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 68
Guidebook Reviews: 1
Originally Posted by milly View Post
Just booked mine today for August through Virgin (Alamo) - they're currently offering a free 2nd driver if booked before 31st August.
Prices are very comparable - I got an intermediate SUV for 14 x days for £306.00 which was actually cheaper than any other deal I could find with an extra driver.

Milly
Are you going on holiday with Virgin aswell Milly or just booking car hire through them? I've never thought to do that
Old 10 Jul 11, 09:08 PM  
Link to this Post
milly
Excited about Disney

Nope - booked everything independently - you dont have to book a holiday or flight with Virgin to just book a car.
Just go to their website and click car hire and it will show you the first page that has the offer of a free extra driver - that means that you can just take the standard cover - the tank of fuel and extra driver usually costs and extra £5.00 per day (£70 fo two weeks ) and I dont think that the cost of a tank of fuel will come to that much

Milly
2002 - Highlands Reserve Villa, 2004 - Bahama Bay/AKL, 2005 - Highlands Reserve, 2007 - Tuscan Hills/Emerald Island/Cypress Pointe, 2008 - WL/AKL/Tuscan Hills, 2009 - SSR/The Palisades/AKL Kidani, 2010 - Disneys SSR, 2012 Beach Club, - 2012 POP! 2016-OKW/AKL
milly is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Jul 11, 08:33 PM  
Link to this Post

thank you for advice we,ll try avis this time . we,ve used alamo before but have always ended up paying for there little hidden extras.
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Jul 11, 08:42 PM  
Link to this Post
DrumCorpsFan
Very Serious Dibber

If your flying into Orlando International try this company - fifteen02 and use Budget as they are on site in the airport, offer free upgrades, and include 2 drivers on the basic fare and you can pre-register your details to use the fastbreak (Just go straight to the car park to the booth and your keys will be waiting)

We are regular travellers to our house in Florida (9 years) and have never found anyone cheaper (We always need two drivers on our policy) for what we need.

One thing i would say is we never get the dear package (Rate plan 2), we dont pre pay for fuel (We take it back full) and we dont ever rent a sat nav as you could buy one by the time you've rented one.

Somone pointed out before that no one company is always cheper all the time, i have to say thats probably true but if your looking for 2 people to be insured i believe this company will take some beating for what they offer.
DrumCorpsFan is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Jul 11, 09:57 PM  
Link to this Post

When you book a hire car do they generally sting you for more money for insurance once you get there - someone said they were doing that a few years ago especially if you had landed from England
Old 25 Jul 11, 10:07 PM  
Link to this Post

Originally Posted by DrumCorpsFan View Post
If your flying into Orlando International try this company - fifteen02 and use Budget as they are on site in the airport, offer free upgrades, and include 2 drivers on the basic fare and you can pre-register your details to use the fastbreak (Just go straight to the car park to the booth and your keys will be waiting)

We are regular travellers to our house in Florida (9 years) and have never found anyone cheaper (We always need two drivers on our policy) for what we need.

One thing i would say is we never get the dear package (Rate plan 2), we dont pre pay for fuel (We take it back full) and we dont ever rent a sat nav as you could buy one by the time you've rented one.

Somone pointed out before that no one company is always cheper all the time, i have to say thats probably true but if your looking for 2 people to be insured i believe this company will take some beating for what they offer.
The upgrade (not guaranteed) and 2nd driver is a Budget offer which is available through a number of independent brokers.
Worth checking for price though and the rate 2 with Budget for an under 25 driver might be useful for some.
Old 25 Jul 11, 10:16 PM  
Link to this Post
munnski
Excited about Disney

Sorry to butt in here but looking for a wee bit advice and maybe wondered if Jakey Rowling could help

We are just back from Florida in June, we had booked an 8 seater threw our holiday package but we did want to upgrade to a 15 ( we had more people in the party added seperately ) We had a nightmare time getting over there ( totally car unrelated ) so my uncle went ahead to pick up our car. When he got there he told the guy what a rough time we had had and the guy at the desk told him 'Oh well, we will see what we can do to make your day better, I will sort it, don't you worry' No hard sell, no upgrades pushed, nothing. We had already agreed to pay for a full tank of gas, so my uncles handed his visa over and signed.

However, after checking the sheet later on in the holiday ( me being bored waiting in the van one day ) It turned out the guy had charged us around $600 ( and a further $120 for gas ) without mentioning a word of what he was doing or what it would cost.

Is this normal over there? I have heard of the hard sell but there was none of this, just added on?

Sorry for rattling on!
munnski is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Jul 11, 04:39 PM  
Link to this Post
munnski
Excited about Disney

Anyone know about the above ?
Old 28 Jul 11, 04:39 PM  
Link to this Post
DIBBadmin
Imagineer

This thread has been automatically closed as it has not been posted on in 365 days.
DIBBadmin is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Closed Thread