Go Back   theDIBB > DIBB Community > DIBBing > General Chat
Forgotten Password?
Notices
General Chat This forum is for general topics and chat type threads.
Unread 13 Jul 19, 10:31 PM  
Link to this Post
bluedave
Imagineer

Gp phoning house number lots!

Ive just returned from a weeks holiday and noticed my GP surgery have phoned around 10 times last Wednesday/Thursday but left no message.

No one in the house is awaiting any test results so am intrigued about why theyd phone so many times (including early morning calls when the surgery isnt open).

My son had seen a nurse practitioner on July 4th who diagnosed a secondary chest infection and prescribed Clarithromycin. I went to pick up the prescription and although the form had his name, the tablets had my name printed on them. Cant see it being about that though.

I know realistically Ill have to wait until Monday. I had blood tests in March at hospital - but Id like to think if theres was a problem then theyd be in touch before then!

Not sure why Im writing this post really but...
bluedave is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Gallery Click to view Members Trip Plans Reply With Quote
Unread 13 Jul 19, 10:34 PM  
Link to this Post
kissimmee kate
slightly serious Dibber

Maybe they realised they had made a mistake with names and were worried you may take the tablets instead. Pretty bad error really so expect the surgery were panicking
1995-Poinciana Blvd..1998- Lake Davenport..2000-Country Creek..2002 -Indian Creek..2003 -Calabay Park..October 06-Lake Davenport.. 2007 -Mission Park.2008 -Highlands Reserve.2009 - Silver Creek..2010- Southern Dunes..2014 Calabay Park..2016 Oak Island Harbor.. 2017 Highlands Reserve.. 2018 Oak Island Harbor
kissimmee kate is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Gallery Click to view Members Trip Plans
Here we go again
Unread 13 Jul 19, 10:35 PM  
Link to this Post
Gryff
Imagineer

It's probably about the prescribing error that's happened even if it's just a name
Gryff is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Gallery Click to view Members Trip Plans
Halloween Thanksgiving pre Christmas
Unread 13 Jul 19, 10:43 PM  
Link to this Post
bluedave
Imagineer

I wasnt sure how theyd know about the incorrect name. The nurse practitioner had the correct name on the form (I think) but the pharmacist printed it out with my name (I also received my regular monthly prescription at the same time).
Just didnt know if there would be a way of the doctors surgery knowing about the pharmacists mistake?
bluedave is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Gallery Click to view Members Trip Plans Reply With Quote
Unread 13 Jul 19, 11:08 PM  
Link to this Post
Gryff
Imagineer

When pharmacy has done it's end of the day check it would flag up discrepancy i.e. Who got what scripts have to match what's gone out
To who
Has to be recorded as a dispensing error and a review of procedures
And GP made aware of error to avoid a potential serious outcome
Gryff is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Gallery Click to view Members Trip Plans
Halloween Thanksgiving pre Christmas
Unread 13 Jul 19, 11:49 PM  
Link to this Post
bluedave
Imagineer

Many thanks for that - I think this must be the reason. Ill sleep well tonight now that I have a logical reason. Thanks again 😊
Unread 14 Jul 19, 06:35 AM  
Link to this Post
Jakey Neverland
Imagineer

I agree with the above it will be about the prescription error. Give them a call next week though.
Center Parcs Winter Wonderland
US Rent A Car