Notices
Shopping in Florida For all those Shopaholics out there.

Old 8 Jul 19, 10:21 PM  
Link to this Post
Joshie1
Imagineer

Joshie1's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 2
Surely this is posted in the wrong forum? 😉
Joshie1 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Jul 19, 10:34 PM  
Link to this Post
Melvin Pearce
Imagineer

Melvin Pearce's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 5
We think that is why they put easy chairs at the entrance to stores and in the malls, so that I can go to sleep while Lesley is shopping Unless we are in a DIY store like Lowes for things for the villa.

Melvin and Lesley
Old 9 Jul 19, 01:17 AM  
Link to this Post
martyn321
Very Serious Dibber

Originally Posted by billbarbara229 View Post
Has anyone thought of sending things back by post it could cost less,let me know
When Thomson decided to change there excess baggage policy (despite there website still showing the old criteria) we used sendmybag.com

We filled a suitcase up with our goodies and it got delivered to our house a couple of days after we got back (think it took 5 days from sending). It was interesting seeing the route it took, think it was 2 or 3 different countries before reaching the uk.

I would recommend them, just had a look at there site and 15kg is £39.50 to send and 30kg £99.

There is a bit of customs paperwork to fill in, but it was all very well explained and a seamless operation.
martyn321 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Jul 19, 04:10 AM  
Link to this Post
FAMILY JACK
Excited about Disney

Mobile

Huge part of my Holiday love the outlets and the malls as well as TJMax & Costco probably the main reason I love the states, never really go to a park before 3pm !
Old 9 Jul 19, 07:28 AM  
Link to this Post
Princess Ariel
Imagineer

Mobile

We don’t really spend a lot of time shopping...quick visit to BABW, And the Disney outlet and that’s it really. DS said there is a shop in disney springs he wants to visit this year so we’ll look in there too but that’s it for us.
Princess Ariel is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Jul 19, 07:54 AM  
Link to this Post
toonarmani
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 137
Mobile

Funny how those who don’t like shopping in Florida are even reading threads / commenting on a post about shopping in Florida 🤣

Next it’ll be people who can’t drive on the Hire Car threads
toonarmani is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Jul 19, 08:01 AM  
Link to this Post
duchy
Imagineer

Isn't that dearer than adding an extra bag on your return flight (prebooked) only though with some airlines. I think BA is about £40. Even Norwegian was only £50.

Originally Posted by martyn321 View Post
When Thomson decided to change there excess baggage policy (despite there website still showing the old criteria) we used sendmybag.com

We filled a suitcase up with our goodies and it got delivered to our house a couple of days after we got back (think it took 5 days from sending). It was interesting seeing the route it took, think it was 2 or 3 different countries before reaching the uk.

I would recommend them, just had a look at there site and 15kg is £39.50 to send and 30kg £99.

There is a bit of customs paperwork to fill in, but it was all very well explained and a seamless operation.
duchy is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Jul 19, 08:08 AM  
Link to this Post
duchy
Imagineer

Originally Posted by toonarmani View Post
Funny how those who don’t like shopping in Florida are even reading threads / commenting on a post about shopping in Florida 🤣

Depends how you define shopping , I shop in the supermarkets for needs , we shop other places for wants (tends to be stuff for the house) but I'd rather have teeth drawn than spend a full day in an outlet mall. Doesn't mean I don't look to see how other people do it though !
No different to a discussion on the Car hire threads to the pros and cons of car hire versus Lyft/Uber or whether you need a car onsite or not surely ?
duchy is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Jul 19, 08:18 AM  
Link to this Post
SuziQz
VIP Dibber

When we did our ‘once in a lifetime’ 3 week trip in 2016 the only shops we made it to were in DS. We’re actually going back in 2020 now and DH has said it would be nice to at least go to one Mall for a look about. I think I’ll make sure it’s got a Cheesecake Factory as we didn’t get there either last time
2019 DCL - Northern Europe
2020 YC/HRH - delayed to 2022
2021 DCL - 4 night Staycation
2022 YC/HRH v2!, 2023 DCL - Alaska
2024 DCL - Spain
SuziQz is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Jul 19, 08:49 AM  
Link to this Post
loves2plan
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by toonarmani View Post

Thanks to the beauty of forum spy, I see posts in all forum categories without needing to actually visit specific ones, so I just post on any that catch my eye or where I think I can help

POFQ: Our 'once in a lifetime' trip, 31.10 - 14.11.12
SSR: 40th birthday trip, 02 - 16.01.14
SSR 2 bed villa: my mums first trip, 07 - 21.02.15
POR: An unexpected Easter break, 02 - 15.04.16
CBR: Another unexpected Easter trip, 29.03 - 12.04.17
CBR: 18th birthday surprise trip, 21.10 - 4.11.19
CBR & CBBR 3 week WDW & US, 05 - 27.09.22

Easter QSDP food report April 17

2nd Easter QSDP food report, Oct 19
loves2plan is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List