Notices
Shopping in Florida For all those Shopaholics out there.

Old 9 Jul 19, 08:50 AM  
Link to this Post
mysteryjimbo
Imagineer

My MIL.

She's one of those people who always claims poverty and orders tap water at TS meals.
Old 9 Jul 19, 08:53 AM  
Link to this Post

Can’t stand shopping at home so certainly wouldn’t waste holiday time doing it lol
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Jul 19, 09:45 AM  
Link to this Post
lov2dibb
VIP Dibber

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 11
Guidebook Reviews: 7
Not me.

Used to when the children were into Abercombie etc. and the exchange rate was good. Hated going shopping with them then and glad those days are over!

A lot of my trips are solo now and I rarely go to a mall not even Disney Springs.
lov2dibb is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Jul 19, 09:47 AM  
Link to this Post
silverfox46
Imagineer

My only shopping is getting a couple of Christmas baubles from Disney shop in Disney Springs
silverfox46 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Jul 19, 01:23 AM  
Link to this Post
martyn321
Very Serious Dibber

Originally Posted by duchy View Post
Isn't that dearer than adding an extra bag on your return flight (prebooked) only though with some airlines. I think BA is about £40. Even Norwegian was only £50.
It probably is, but thomson shafted us, we have flown with them a couple of times and added on extra cases for the return flight, then all of a sudden they said you cant do that anymore, we had a lot of phone calls, emails, letters etc and they point blank refused to allow us an extra case (despite the fact i could add golf clubs, and rather oddly a kayak onto our flight - a extra case was impossible!).

It was a few years ago and it was cheaper then, so worked out about an extra £5 from what it used to cost to add a case.

I wonder what there current policy is?
martyn321 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Jul 19, 10:21 PM  
Link to this Post
stu1873
Getting Excited

Mobile

Love shopping in Florida,defo a big part of our holiday. Always visit outlets,Florida mall,mall @milenia and altamonte atleast once during the holiday. Each to their own but we love it.
stu1873 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Jul 19, 11:44 PM  
Link to this Post
dreamadream
Imagineer

Food shopping, totally! Highlight of holidays.
Clothes and accessories shopping? Waste Of holiday time!
When hubby went to Macy’s in NYC I went to bed with a bud lite margarita...
dreamadream is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Jul 19, 05:06 AM  
Link to this Post
ERICSMUM
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by toonarmani View Post
Funny how those who don’t like shopping in Florida are even reading threads / commenting on a post about shopping in Florida 🤣

Next it’ll be people who can’t drive on the Hire Car threads
I reckon some people are hoping to be converted from non-shoppers 🤔😂
ERICSMUM is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Jul 19, 05:22 PM  
Link to this Post
mouskevik
Imagineer

Mobile

I'm the other way round, hate shopping in the UK but love the US outlets. We buy running and gym clothes, jeans, tops, converse. DH likes all the skate brand t-shirts too. Everything lasts for years so a "power shop" in the US means we avoid the high street here! 😂
Sandy Ridge/Miami/HRH - Aug 2019
mouskevik is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Jul 19, 05:29 PM  
Link to this Post
duchy
Imagineer

Originally Posted by martyn321 View Post
It probably is, but thomson shafted us, we have flown with them a couple of times and added on extra cases for the return flight, then all of a sudden they said you cant do that anymore, we had a lot of phone calls, emails, letters etc and they point blank refused to allow us an extra case (despite the fact i could add golf clubs, and rather oddly a kayak onto our flight - a extra case was impossible!).

It was a few years ago and it was cheaper then, so worked out about an extra £5 from what it used to cost to add a case.

I wonder what there current policy is?
You can get a lot of shopping into a golf bag !
Still if they don't want your business there's plenty of others who will happily take your money for anextra bag
duchy is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List