Notices
Disneyland California and West Coast Trip Planning Disneyland California and West Coast Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 4 Jun 19, 02:51 PM  
Link to this Post
Loulou127
Imagineer

Air Canada/Air Newzealand

In the very early planning stages for next years holiday, we’re doing a Pacific coastal cruise, Vancouver to Los Angeles.

I’m trying to research what our flight options will be, I know BA will do both on direct flights from LHR, but I think AC to Vancouver and AN from LAX to LHR might be an option as they are part of the Star Alliance, has anyone used either if so what did you think of them?

Is BA better because I can book a package and only pay a deposit?
Loulou127 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Jun 19, 09:25 PM  
Link to this Post
Melbatb
Imagineer

Mobile

I have flown AC quite a few times.

They planes were 787s, the crew were pleasant, the food was average. However, the big selling point was their customer service. On arriving in Brussels having missed my connection they had already sorted me out a hotel and the next available flight before I had even reached the help desk. When an internal flight was cancelled they spent ages finding me an alternative routing that meant I wasn’t on standby!

Hope that helps!

Index of my trip reports
2016 Quebec - Kuala Lumpar - New York City 2017 Dubai - Eurocamps France - Ontario and Quebec - So-Cal 2018 Montreal - Bangkok - New England 2019 Argentina - Quebec City - Hong Kong - 2020 Switzerland 2022 Arizona - Costa Med Cruise - Oslo 2023 Hong Kong - Gothenburg
Melbatb is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Jun 19, 06:42 AM  
Link to this Post
400ixl
Imagineer

Air New Zealand are very good, not flown Air Canada for a long while.

Personally I avoid BA unless I absolutely have too. I would take AC and ANZ every day of the week, even if it cost slightly more.
400ixl is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Jun 19, 07:29 AM  
Link to this Post
Mrs Red C
Imagineer

Mobile

Flown to LA twice with both Virgin and AN over the last 3 years. Both were very good and would do the same again.
Flew AC to Toronto and then Orlando in 2017, had no issues with them either. No idea why we don't fly BA...
Mrs Red C is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Jun 19, 08:17 AM  
Link to this Post
emmabanana
VIP Dibber

Mobile

We’ve flown to LA a couple out times in Air New Zealand, we were very impressed with them.
emmabanana is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Jun 19, 08:20 AM  
Link to this Post
Loulou127
Imagineer

Thanks everyone, any ideas how I’d go about booking AC out and AN back, would I have to go via a TA ?
Loulou127 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Jun 19, 04:23 PM  
Link to this Post
arhclo
slightly serious Dibber

Try star alliance website ?
Old 5 Jun 19, 06:48 PM  
Link to this Post
Loulou127
Imagineer

Thank you, I’ll try that x