Notices

Old 26 Sep 19, 12:38 PM  
Link to this Post
princess-momo
Apprentice Imagineer

Mobile

This may be helpful for you...

Bus times from Jambo house to parks 🙂
princess-momo is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Sep 19, 12:52 PM  
Link to this Post
JanetteP
Imagineer

Originally Posted by princess-momo View Post
This may be helpful for you...

Bus times from Jambo house to parks 🙂
Glad you enjoyed Chef Art's - I have it booked for Monday - and we're coming to AKL for 5 days - surprise visit - really excited. Are the bus times on MDE? Following along

Janette
Dreamy Corner June 23, Potter’s Villa May 22, Shamu Villa Sep 22,AKL, HRH Lakeside Haven Sep 19, Lakeside Haven RPR May 19. White Blossom & Viburnum Villa Aug 18. SSR, Aurora Villa May 18. Kidani, RPR Champion Florida Villa 17, Staybridge Suites, White Blossom & Owens Villa 16 OKW, Champion Florida Villa & RPR 16, Magic Landings 15, Grand Reserve & HRH 2014, Tuscan Pines 12, Highgrove 09, Legacy Park 07, Indian Point 06 and 05, Florida Pines 04
Graduation Trip 2019
+ Trip Report 2018
JanetteP is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Sep 19, 03:34 PM  
Link to this Post
princess-momo
Apprentice Imagineer

Originally Posted by JanetteP View Post
Glad you enjoyed Chef Art's - I have it booked for Monday - and we're coming to AKL for 5 days - surprise visit - really excited. Are the bus times on MDE? Following along
Yes they are. When you check in they're under the 'my resort' section then 'bus times'

Have you been to AKL before? It's truly a stunning hotel. Give me a wave if you see me haha
princess-momo is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Sep 19, 03:40 PM  
Link to this Post
princess-momo
Apprentice Imagineer

Mobile

Everyone wants my DIY ears, haha! I've been stopped several times in the 2 days Ive worn them

Old 26 Sep 19, 03:48 PM  
Link to this Post
JanetteP
Imagineer

Originally Posted by princess-momo View Post
Yes they are. When you check in they're under the 'my resort' section then 'bus times'

Have you been to AKL before? It's truly a stunning hotel. Give me a wave if you see me haha
Many thanks - yes - I'll keep an eye out for you. We've stayed at Kidani and visited Jambo, so hopefully will be able to get around OK. Just hoping for a refurbed room now with a partial view - fingers crossed.

Janette
Dreamy Corner June 23, Potter’s Villa May 22, Shamu Villa Sep 22,AKL, HRH Lakeside Haven Sep 19, Lakeside Haven RPR May 19. White Blossom & Viburnum Villa Aug 18. SSR, Aurora Villa May 18. Kidani, RPR Champion Florida Villa 17, Staybridge Suites, White Blossom & Owens Villa 16 OKW, Champion Florida Villa & RPR 16, Magic Landings 15, Grand Reserve & HRH 2014, Tuscan Pines 12, Highgrove 09, Legacy Park 07, Indian Point 06 and 05, Florida Pines 04
Graduation Trip 2019
+ Trip Report 2018
JanetteP is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Sep 19, 03:52 PM  
Link to this Post
princess-momo
Apprentice Imagineer

Our room is a refurb but our view is a bit rubbish. We've hardly been in the room so it hasn't made a difference to us. You can ask for a refurbished Room at reception 🙂 they try to be accommodating
Old 27 Sep 19, 11:49 AM  
Link to this Post
princess-momo
Apprentice Imagineer

Day 4 - Magic Kingdom

So, just back to the hotel now after what I would call a productive day at magic Kingdom.

We had our first fast pass booked for 11.50 so headed along to MK and arrived in good time. Had to pick up our sorcerer of the magic Kingdom cards (we played this last time and the kids liked it)
we also caught the end of move it shake it parade 🙂

First fastpass was buzz lightyears space ranger spin. After looking way too serious shooting emperor zurgs monsters we headed up to fantasy land to kill some time before our lunch reservation at liberty tree tavern.
We ended up queueing for the barn Stormer (this thing is so rough! Haha it's like being in a washing machine! 🤣
A little nose in the big top at some merch ( really fancying a sparkly candy corn or purple loungefly bag but I can't decide!)

Liberty tree tavern for lunch: these portion sizes are mental! I was fancying some Mac n cheese so asked if it would be possible to get an adult portion... This thing could feed the 5000! Like I ate until I was fit to burst (but always room for dessert) and it didn't even make a dent in the bowl haha.
For dessert I had ooey gooey fudge cake or something to that effect. Oh man this thing was gooood. It was like a warm semi-warm cookie dough topped with vanilla ice cream, chocolate and fudgy pieces. Mmmmmm.

After lunch we thought we'd see if we could go on something light as we were feeling rather fragile after all that food. We settled on Winnie the poo ride but yeah, forgot the super bumpy bit with Tigger. Thought we might meet lunch again 🤢 all was good though. Next up was Ariel followed by tomorrow land speedway. We decided as it was roasting hot! It was time for a nice cold slushie . OH and the kids had a Cheshire cat slushie which was a pink and purple layers slush with a candy straw. I'm not a big fan of grape (the purple) so I had a wonder to the lunching pad. They had frozen come slushie with an apple candy straw too so I chose to get that. Went to the counter and the 2 cast members were saying how much they liked my hair and ears. I smiled and said thanks, I made them myself. The cast member hands me my slushie and says "you're good to go, this ones on Mickey tonight" 🥰 it's little things like this that I love.

People mover and carousel of progress were used to fill the time while our seven dwarves mine train fastpass was open 🙂 always love this ride. So fun!We also managed to do the tea cups before needing to head for our last FP of the night (splash mountain) didn't get particularly soaked which was good but the splash was a welcomed cool down hah. It was starting to cool down now thank god! So we managed pirates of the Caribbean as the line was pretty short (actually, most stand by lines were only 10-30 minutes) trying to kill time before happily ever after started at 9.

Before choosing a spot to stand for happily ever after, we used mobile order for some hotdogs and fries from Casey's corner. We were super lucky and managed to get a seat inside (it's usually rammed inside and out but luck was on our side 🙂 )
We got a fab spot for the fireworks right down the middle of main Street. Happily ever after was beautiful. The music and lights and just everything! It have me goosebumps. Of course I had to sing along 😅

All in all, a very productive day I'd say; tomorrow (today as I'm finishing writing this) Hollywood Studios! Preparing for our wee man to want to buy all the porgs, hahaha!

----x----

Steps; 15589 (before my Fitbit died)

Edited at 11:54 AM.
Old 28 Sep 19, 12:58 PM  
Link to this Post
princess-momo
Apprentice Imagineer

Mobile Day 5 - Hollywood Studios

So, today the plan was to head to Hollywood Studios early and go and see Galaxies edge. Well, no one was up so I took that as a good time as any to get some washing done. Went for a wee wonder with my washing basket and ended up getting lost haha. I soon got my bearings though and was at the laundry room. While waiting it's only natural you need a snack to munch on so I got me a cinnamon roll to pass the time hah.

We headed off around 11am to HS as we had our first fastpass at 12.15. Walking up the main Street wee man fell and grazed his knee. A cast member came over to see if he was ok then handed us a fastpass for up to 5 people 😁 Before jumping going straight to rock and rollercoaster, my fav! We stopped for a snacky snack. This was in the form of red and blue churros with chocolate dip. Yum y hah. Wee man was happy after getting a raspberry slush too.
We had a little more time to kill still so we went to see the Cars show with Lightening McQueen. This is a cute little sit down and it gets you out the boiling heat for 10minutes or so.

Time for R&R! You forget how quick this goes! I do love it though 😁

Next we thought we would go and have a little nosey at Toy story land because it wasn't finished the last time we were there. This place is really nicely themed 🙂 very colourful and bright. Not very many places for shade though.

We jumped in the standby queue for midway mania because the wait time was only 30 mins. It also got us out the heat as it was blistering hot today (34°c real feel 37°c)
By the time my OH owned me big time (my score was pathetic!) We thought we'd grab some lunch at Woody's lunch box. I had the grilled cheese sandwich with potato barrels and it was pretty yum. OH had the loaded potato barrels and said the were really tasty. Again, not an awful lot of seating and shade but we've been lucky in the fact that every time we've managed to find a table.

We were supposed to go to star tours but thought instead we'd go to Galaxies edge instead. Now, this place is crazy detailed. I love how characters like chewie and the storm troopers are just wondering around. The millennium falcon looks spectacular too. The details are just amazing. The queue for smugglers run was sitting at 50 minutes but we thought it would give our tots time to roll on down to our belly haha! The queue moved pretty fast so don't let wait times put you off. The ride itself is pretty fun if I'm honest. You sit in a cockpit which seats 6; 2 pilots, 2 gunners and 2 engineers. I was a pilot and because wee man is only 6, rules state he needs to be beside an adult so me and P were the drivers. We done terribly haha! I'm surprised our ship didn't burst into flames! Haha I'm guessing they've used similar tech to flight of passage as there's some familiar belly flop feelings on both.

We had one last fastpass left for the day which was slinky dog dash so we headed back to you story land. It's actually quite a nice wee ride. If your kids haven't gone on any roller coasters at all, this and the barn Stormer are good choices.

It was getting close to dinner so thought it best we start heading to the boats as we had reservations at ale & compass at the yacht club. Thankfully by this time the temperature was starting to drop. Man it's tough when there's not enough shade! I don't know how the Floridians do it.

We remembered we had a free fastpass to use so OH headed up to tower of terror while me and the kids wondered over to Pixar place. I really wanted to get a cookie num num so went to the tiny wee stall and asked if we could please have 2. The cast member was really nice. She said she liked my hair (this seems to be stunning theme &#129315 and proceeded to give us 2 num nums 'on the mouse' this hair of mine is obviously a fav with Mickey hahaha!

We wondered to the front of park and met OH there before heading off to our dining reservations. We met a really nice couple from Tennessee who had a little girl called Ireland 😀 we chatted away until it was time to jump on the "friendship" boat.

This only takes a few minutes and takes you to: swan & dolphin, beach & yacht, boardwalk and Epcot. It's a nice change from walking or taking a bus.

Ale & compass was delicious, our server was nice and the overall ambiance was very erm, fancy? I felt kinda out of place in the yacht club (commoner me haha) it's a really nice resort though. Looking on to the boardwalk you see it all lit up which is nice.

Back to the hotel and kids got washed and jumped into bed to watch Moana. We've been showering the kids and us every night to wash suncream off to minimise prickly heat. Seems to have worked so far. I would completely recommend ultrasun sunscreen too. None of us have burned and it's been HOT! Like jumping into an oven hot. 37°c is a heavy heat if that makes sense? 🤣🤣

Breakfast with Ariel, Rapunzel, Flynn and Eric tomorrow, followed by a slow paced day. My feet are asking for a break from standing (although I walk 24k steps a day at home)

----x----

16892 steps
Old 29 Sep 19, 06:08 PM  
Link to this Post
princess-momo
Apprentice Imagineer

Day 6 - rest day #2

So had a slight lay-in followed by getting a bus to HS followed by boat to the boardwalk for our breakfast reservation.

Today we had breakfast with Flynn, Rapunzel, Ariel and Eric. I had a Rapunzel stack of pancakes with sausage and bacon. Kids went for character waffles and pancakes and the OH got Flynn's feast I think it was called. It didn't look a lot on the plate but man we we're stuffed afterwords! We also got the smallest bottle of tomato sauce I've ever seen, haha!

Character interaction at this meal was really quirky. Flynn done the smolder 🤣

We waddled off to fantasia golf next which is just over the road from swan and dolphin. Now, not quite sure if it was a good idea or not to do golf today because it was SUPER hot. I'm sure I'd sweat out my breakfast by the time our 18 holes were up. Decided on some frozen lemonade. This stuff is a saviour in the heat. Cooled us right the way down before heading back to the resort. Instead of going back to HS, we got the bus to AK from the yacht club then swapped over.

Evening plans were the springs for a blaze pizza so me and OH grabbed 40 winks before heading out. Blaze pizza is a really good use of a QS. Pizzas are yum. I had meatballs and BBQ sauce on mine. May have bought myself a new bag too🤪

We had noticed that we didn't have much money left on our revolut so when we got back to AKL we queried it. Disney take a $100 standing payment which we knew about, but it looked like every day we were using our card another $100 was taken as a standing payment. How it is supposed to work is that whenever a payment is made to the room, the previous $100 is supposed to drop off when the new one is taken ... Not in our case. It'll take 7 days to make it back on to the revolut so, we have around $400 floating in Disney limbo 🙁

Luckily we have savings we can transfer over in the mean time but I'd suggest not charging anything to your room now since the system changed.

EPCOT on the list for day 7; and half way through our trip already 😭😭 I'll upload pics later when I get a chance

----x----

Steps 11,539

Edited at 01:26 PM.
Old 30 Sep 19, 02:01 PM  
Link to this Post
princess-momo
Apprentice Imagineer

Day 7 _ EPCOT

So, day 7 😭 I can't believe we're going into our 2nd week of holidays already. Trying not to think about it and just enjoying ourselves. We have to keep checking back on the Thomas Cook CAA site to see what the deal is with our return flight. Ours isn't listed yet but hopefully it will be soon so we can make arrangements. Just hoping were not one of the flights that gets diverted up to Glasgow! Reason being we'd have to go all the way down to Manchester to pick the car up to then drive all the way back up to Scotland. So don't fancy that!

Anyway!, Day 7 was an early start as we had Garden grill breakfast booked for 8.35. because everyone (but me) is now on Florida time they're getting up later and later 🤣 so off we went to Epcot with 3 barely awake humans and a chirpy leader (that's me &#128541 we got a good photo with the 'golf ball' as the park doesn't open until 9 but we got through early for reservations 😁

We got seated pretty quickly and got served our fresh fruit and cinnamon bun skillet thing. We had this last time and it was oh so tasty. This place is an all you care to enjoy too so if you need more of anything you can just ask 😀

Our skillet full of bacon, sausages, tater tots, eggs, Mickey waffles arrived soon after and we tucked in. Man I ate too much! Those tater tots are going to be the death of me too
So yum!

After meeting Mickey, Pluto, chip and dale ( dale kept tickling the kids, and Pluto made himself at home at our table) we headed down the stairs to living with the land. This is a good one after food because it's slow haha!

We only had one fastpass booked which was soarin' at 11.45am so we had time to kill.(because of the silly tear system there's nothing really worth fastpassing after the main ones like soarin and test track)

We headed over to the seas with Nemo ; I like the large aquarium at the end which this time they had dolphins... I can't remember them last time 🤔

We seen little Jo and Lou the sea cows. I just love how dopey these guys are. Lou has a back fin injury after being hit by a boat ☹️

The aquarium used up a load of time but we still had a few minutes left so headed over to the imagination with figment. Figment is so cute haha.

Off to Soarin'! P really wasn't wanting to go on this and she started crying when we got in the seats. A cast member came over and explained to her it was just like sitting in a giant rocking chair... That seemed to calm her down and in the end she loved it!

Everyone seemed to be running on empty energy wise now so we made a decision to head back to the resort for 40 winks before heading back to Epcot for the last show of illuminations.

I may have passes out too because next thing I know it's 5pm haha! Feeling MUCH more alert now, everyone headed back to EPCOT for around 6.30pm. Our wee boy kept asking about the golf ball so we rode that and played in the sort of arcade bit that comes after it. Couldn't stop laughing at mine and Ps picture; it chopped off all my hair and I looked like I was doing a pob impression hahahah!

we walked around world showcase to Japan (my favourite country) and spent way too much money there, haha. Before finding a good space to see illuminations. We found a sneaky wee viewing spot at the Italy pavilion I want to say? Moved a plant pot slightly backwards and were able to get right to the front haha

Didn't take much photos today because we're trying to not live the holidays through a lense. Doesn't make for a very exciting trip report for people reading though... Sorry 🙁

Water park day next...

----x----

17456 steps

Edited at 02:05 PM.