Notices
Trip Planning Florida Florida Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 10 Oct 19, 09:43 PM  
Link to this Post
kerrie1781
slightly serious Dibber

Mobile

Please keep us updated! My refund is going towards next trip anyway so not in a rush but seems unfair that everyone else seem to be getting refunds!
kerrie1781 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Oct 19, 09:50 PM  
Link to this Post
Pumba75
Imagineer

Pumba75's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 6
Restaurant Reviews: 23
DIBB Villa Reviews: 2
Originally Posted by mrsjacksparrow View Post
I've just sent a tweet to @askhalifax and they've confirmed 45 working days. That's 2 and a half months guys seriously!
I'll be submitting a complaint to the ombudsman as that simply isn't acceptable, not when other card companies are issuing refunds now.
You need to submit a complaint to Halifax first. They then have up to 8 weeks to either issue a response or tell you they need more time to investigate. If you are unhappy with that response you can then refer to the Ombudsman - they will not consider a complaint until you have done this.

Given how long the Ombudsman will then likely take to investigate, you're almost certainly going to find the 45 days you've been quoted the quickest route to getting refunded.
Pumba75 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Oct 19, 11:36 PM  
Link to this Post
mrsjacksparrow
slightly serious Dibber

OK, so the lady I've just spoken to at halifax said she doesn't know if it will be a section 75 or a chargeback as this will be up to the disputes team. Naturally I replied that it was actually up to me, the consumer, as is my legal right under section 75 of the CCA. It's now obvious to me that they haven't even started on my claim.

The poor girl didn't really have a clue and it was obvious she had been given a briefing in what to say.

So, she's arranged for me to receive a call from the 'disputes team' at an undisclosed time suitable to them no doubt, and she asked if I wanted to continue progressing my complaint? Well yes I do as nothing has been resolved!

I can see this is going to be an uphill battle!
mrsjacksparrow is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Oct 19, 11:38 PM  
Link to this Post
mrsjacksparrow
slightly serious Dibber

Originally Posted by Pumba75 View Post
You need to submit a complaint to Halifax first. They then have up to 8 weeks to either issue a response or tell you they need more time to investigate. If you are unhappy with that response you can then refer to the Ombudsman - they will not consider a complaint until you have done this.

Given how long the Ombudsman will then likely take to investigate, you're almost certainly going to find the 45 days you've been quoted the quickest route to getting refunded.
Yes, unfortunately I do know this to be true. I work in financial services so I know the drill

Doesn't mean it's any less infuriating though
mrsjacksparrow is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Oct 19, 11:39 PM  
Link to this Post
dx4100
Imagineer

OK, so the lady I've just spoken to at halifax said she doesn't know if it will be a section 75 or a chargeback as this will be up to the disputes team. Naturally I replied that it was actually up to me, the consumer, as is my legal right under section 75 of the CCA. It's now obvious to me that they haven't even started on my claim.

The poor girl didn't really have a clue and it was obvious she had been given a briefing in what to say.

So, she's arranged for me to receive a call from the 'disputes team' at an undisclosed time suitable to them no doubt, and she asked if I wanted to continue progressing my complaint? Well yes I do as nothing has been resolved!

I can see this is going to be an uphill battle!
Out of interest why do you care if its section 75 or chargeback ?

There is no real difference from your point of view? Its something of a moot point ?

I honestly try and chill out as I don't think you are going to be able influence the speed they go at and its just going to keep causing you and the call handlers stress.

Edited at 11:41 PM.
dx4100 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 Oct 19, 12:05 AM  
Link to this Post
mrsjacksparrow
slightly serious Dibber

Originally Posted by dx4100 View Post
Out of interest why do you care if its section 75 or chargeback ?

There is no real difference from your point of view? Its something of a moot point ?

I honestly try and chill out as I don't think you are going to be able influence the speed they go at and its just going to keep causing you and the call handlers stress.
As you can see I have a countdown of 60 days. I was hoping to get my money back to help pay additional costs for this hastily re-arranged holiday. I was all booked to fly to Goa. I couldn't justify a 100% increase on alternative flights to there so we're now going to Florida.

There is a difference between section 75 and chargeback as one is law and one is not. I really don't want to extend this process by having them go down one route, only to find they then have to go down the one they should've gone down in the first place.

And please, don't tell me to chill out, that's just rude when I've only come on here to share my experiences and help other Dibb members who are in the same unfortunate position

Thank you
Old 11 Oct 19, 12:44 AM  
Link to this Post
dx4100
Imagineer

As you can see I have a countdown of 60 days. I was hoping to get my money back to help pay additional costs for this hastily re-arranged holiday. I was all booked to fly to Goa. I couldn't justify a 100% increase on alternative flights to there so we're now going to Florida.

There is a difference between section 75 and chargeback as one is law and one is not. I really don't want to extend this process by having them go down one route, only to find they then have to go down the one they should've gone down in the first place.
There is technical difference under law but not from your prospective or end outcome. Its going to have little to no impact on the timeline. If you are not claiming consequential loses then it doesn't matter which route they take.

Saying this I believe you could of rebooked the Goa flights and claimed the increased costs - in which case it would of been a section 75 claim (at least for the consequential loss element.

And please, don't tell me to chill out, that's just rude when I've only come on here to share my experiences and help other Dibb members who are in the same unfortunate position

Thank you
I was trying to suggest you try and let the process take its course and avoid fruitless calls to them every day. It isn't rude at all to implore someone to try and not let it upset them too much as they will get the money in the end. You seem to WANT to take offence though so I guess I will leave you too your rage.
dx4100 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 Oct 19, 07:47 AM  
Link to this Post
kathrynmc
Dibbing with Tink

I am claiming from Halifax and received a phone call with a subsequent text message from Halifax on Wednesday asking for additional information. They must have started to look at the claims, I contacted them at 7.30am on the morning it all happened
kathrynmc is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 Oct 19, 10:30 AM  
Link to this Post
danisleigh
Imagineer

danisleigh's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 3
Restaurant Reviews: 6
Originally Posted by kathrynmc View Post
I am claiming from Halifax and received a phone call with a subsequent text message from Halifax on Wednesday asking for additional information. They must have started to look at the claims, I contacted them at 7.30am on the morning it all happened
That’s good to know, I called them at 12.30 that day. Did they need all your booking paperwork? Did they give you any idea on timescale?
Apr 98..Quality Inn, Dec 2004...hotel Cheyenne, may 2006...Emerald Island, Mar 2013..Regal Palms / AKL / Rosen Inn / HRH, Oct 14..Cypress Pointe, July 2016 Newport bay club, Aug 2016 magic med cruise, Aug 2017 SSR/Rosen pointe/HRH, Aug 19 Northern Europe Disney magic, Dec 2019...Sequoia Lodge, Xmas 2021 Rosen Plaza/HRH, May 2022 POFQ/HRH, May 2023 Disneyland LA.
danisleigh is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 Oct 19, 11:12 AM  
Link to this Post
spenners
I'm Ready To Go NOW!

spenners's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 3
Restaurant Reviews: 10
DIBB Villa Reviews: 5
Originally Posted by dx4100 View Post
There is technical difference under law but not from your prospective or end outcome. Its going to have little to no impact on the timeline. If you are not claiming consequential loses then it doesn't matter which route they take
I was told by Which Legal to make sure I put on my covering letter that I was claiming under Section 75 and that it wasn’t a charge back claim. It obviously does matter which route is taken.

Las Vegas - October 2023 (6th West Coast Trip)
New York - February 2019 - My 50th Birthday Trip (1st Visit)
Florida - January 2024 - Taking mini me for her 30th birthday (22nd Visit to Florida)
Florida - September 2024 (23rd visit) - just me and hubby
spenners is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List