Notices
Accommodation Hotels, Resorts, Villas Questions and Info

Old 14 Nov 19, 04:49 PM  
Link to this Post
jojo_3596
Imagineer

Villa package with Tui?

Anyone done one of these? We are pretty much set on going in Aug 2021 but first time in a villa. Original plan was to DIY- fly drive and villa sepwrate,y, but after reading the threads on here where people have already booked 2021 packages with Tui I'm not sure whether to wait if not?

There are a number of villa options where you can choose your resort, and they look within our budget- but not sure if it is the villa specified or is actually allocated on arrival. Can anyone share any experience of this with Tui? Or dies anyone know of any other companies taking bookings for 2021?
Endless Summer 2023
jojo_3596 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Nov 19, 09:46 PM  
Link to this Post
Pussycat Doll
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 1
Lots of villa owners are taking bookings for 2021. Allocated on arrival is just that, I’ve seen some people get given amazing aoa villas and ive also seen people camping in the TUI offices in tears because the villa is so awful.
Pussycat Doll is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Nov 19, 10:10 PM  
Link to this Post
ManCity
Helping Minnie

You need to be aware that all villas are privately owned, not owned by TUI. All TUI does is pass your name/booking to one of the local management companies, who then look at their portfolio a few days before you arrive to see which properties are free for your dates and then allocate you one. The owners/MC will probably take direct bookings too, and the AOA bookings help to fill in gaps. You might get a cheaper price, as you have given up making your own choice. However, since TUI and the MC both take their %, the owner will receive less to pay for the actual facilities. The TUI photos are just 'typical' 'generic' ones. You might get a newly refurbished property from a new owner who hasn't had time to get direct bookings, or you might get the property all the direct bookers were avoiding. Pot luck!
ManCity is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Nov 19, 03:51 AM  
Link to this Post
Rachie
Apprentice Imagineer

We had an awful Thomson villa but this was a few years ago.
We had a tv on an orange box in the lounge. The villa was so basic. No wifi, a garage with one dartboard and the pool stayed green for 2 weeks. No one from Thomson was contactable or interested
Personally, after this experience we would never book AoA again however, as previously stated, you could get really lucky.
Rachie is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Nov 19, 07:39 AM  
Link to this Post
jojo_3596
Imagineer

Yeah, I’m thinking I don’t want to take the chance! Will stick to the original plan.
Endless Summer 2023
jojo_3596 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Nov 19, 08:10 AM  
Link to this Post
cornishfrogboy
VIP Dibber

Whilst I don’t get carried away with villas and never book one before I have purchased my flights, I would never trust a company to ‘allocate on arrival’. Whilst it will probably be fine, plenty have found otherwise and in any case, I would sooner make such a choice myself after researching and reading reviews.

1. It generally saves money.
2. If I don’t get what I want, it is my fault.
3. It is great fun, selecting Yourself.

4. I have no great trust that any travel company either carries out inspections or even cares once they have your booking (and money). All of them seem to be fine until things go wrong.

2005 onwards.. lots of times!

Index of all my Trip and Pretrip reports..https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/sho...6#post15662196
cornishfrogboy is online now Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Nov 19, 10:22 AM  
Link to this Post
EssexSue
VIP Dibber

Mobile

Obviously as a villa owner I am biased, but we have been approached by the booking managers for the TAs in the past as they are short of accomodation for peak periods. We have never been available for their dates and certainly would not accept the rates they pay but I guess some must do or there would be more stories of people having nowhere to stay. None of the companies have ever inspected our home before asking to use it.
EssexSue is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Nov 19, 10:41 AM  
Link to this Post
vampiress88
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by EssexSue View Post
Obviously as a villa owner I am biased, but we have been approached by the booking managers for the TAs in the past as they are short of accomodation for peak periods. We have never been available for their dates and certainly would not accept the rates they pay but I guess some must do or there would be more stories of people having nowhere to stay. None of the companies have ever inspected our home before asking to use it.
How do people find dibb villas cos I know I asked on the page once but only got one response. I think also when there’s people on here that do dibb villas like you and gryff you are such active posters that I can feel you are trustworthy and it makes me wonder if in the future I should book diy.

I’m a scaredy cat. I book virgin and I have allocation on arrival. In June it was amazing. Next year I am worrying slightly but my only thought is at the moment if anything goes wrong I can kick up a fuss and complain like mad if something goes wrong as they must have a back up villa. And covered my Abta etc. That’s my only reason for doing it that way.
vampiress88 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Nov 19, 11:34 AM  
Link to this Post
EssexSue
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by vampiress88 View Post
How do people find dibb villas cos I know I asked on the page once but only got one response. I think also when there’s people on here that do dibb villas like you and gryff you are such active posters that I can feel you are trustworthy and it makes me wonder if in the future I should book diy.

I’m a scaredy cat. I book virgin and I have allocation on arrival. In June it was amazing. Next year I am worrying slightly but my only thought is at the moment if anything goes wrong I can kick up a fuss and complain like mad if something goes wrong as they must have a back up villa. And covered my Abta etc. That’s my only reason for doing it that way.
I would not assume they will have back up villas at peak times to be honest.
My booking to dibbers is not a success story to be fair, I look at the requests every morning but I am mostly already booked.
You can always pm us.
Thank you for the vote of confidence anyway. X
EssexSue is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Nov 19, 01:17 PM  
Link to this Post
claireyfairy8
Apprentice Imagineer

claireyfairy8's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 6

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 1
Sadly they do not often have a "back up" villa especially in peak times.

In the past, I have seen them running out and hunting high and low from wherever they can to find a villa. I've seen them put people up in hotels for a few nights because nothing is available.

It really is pot luck.

If you want to go ahead with TUI, I would at least go for a named community (probably a bit more £), but then you can plan where you'll be, go for dinner, finding shops etc. I couldn't just go for anywhere in a 50 mile radius. But that's just me.

For dibb villas, getting in early is a good plan, some owners are doing bookings for 2021. If you don't get many responses, is it because you have too many "requirements"? Asking for south facing, games room, with 6 ensuites, 5 mins from Disney, pool, jacuzzi, dining table for 18... really reduces your list of possible villas. I am exxagerating slightly, but you get the idea
claireyfairy8 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List