Notices
Reports and Reviews for Dining and Restaurants Trip Reports

Old 30 Jul 18, 07:02 AM  
Link to this Post
Connies Mummy
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 1
Byron’s Oreo milkshake with a slug of bourbon equals best shake ever! Became a convert to this on my birthday in June so much so that I purchased a blender and have been experimenting at home, I’ve got pretty good have found that 3 scoops of a good vanilla icecream half a packet of Oreos and about 200mls milk comes pretty close but always add the bourbon after the blending it doesn’t taste the same if you blend it in. Trouble is they taste so good but the ingredients calorie total is obscene especially when I also discovered that adding a tablespoon of crunchy peanut butter brings it to another level!
Connies Mummy is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 Jul 18, 08:20 AM  
Link to this Post
Jannyjan
Proud to wear my Ears

One of my sons once had a steak every night for about 10 days one year in Florida. I think his plan was to make the whole 2 weeks but then the dreaded "meat sweats" started and he lost 2 hours of his life in the bathroom. i really hope your DD is made of tougher stuff!
Jannyjan is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 Jul 18, 08:43 AM  
Link to this Post
wilma-bride
Imagineer

wilma-bride's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 1
Some great updates. I'm with you on the whole dark chocolate thing - no, no, no. The only exception to this (ever) is where After Eights are concerned.

As far as Peppermint Bark at Ghirardelli, it is rare to find this before October. I have resorted to ordering it online and having it sent to a friend in the US, who will ship it here for me, so great is my addiction to this stuff! Luckily, this year DD and I are visiting in November so intend to take an empty suitcase to fill with the pepperminty goodness.

Your meal at Yachtsman looked fabulous - and DD's sundae, OMG! It's one place that is always on my list but never actually comes to fruition, usually because I balk at paying Yachtsman prices and decide I can get just as good a steak offsite for a fraction of the price. If I ever decided to do the dining plan, it might just happen - but, until then, it's not happening any time soon.

Flying Fish is another on my list but, again (probably mainly due to DH's aversion to fish/seafood) never made it there, despite the fact that is so convenient to Boardwalk (where we normally stay). One day, one day...

Sad to hear your amazing dining at Disney is coming to an end, hope Universal isn't too disappointing - maybe your stomachs will be glad of the rest
wilma-bride is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 Jul 18, 09:15 AM  
Link to this Post
Rescuer
VIP Dibber

Rescuer's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 6
Mobile

Flying Fish looks awesome. Your scallops looked great. We far preferred the flying fish to the yachtsman for atmosphere, service and food.
Ddp often feels like a marathon so hats off to you for managing the delux version.

I’m sure you will love the hard rock and the more laid back pace of universal. Especially with the express pass.

Ps Wilma Bride - mint m&ms and junior mints are both dark chocolate and need to be added to your list of exceptions. 😂
Old 30 Jul 18, 10:38 AM  
Link to this Post
wilma-bride
Imagineer

wilma-bride's Reviews
Originally Posted by Rescuer View Post
Ps Wilma Bride - mint m&ms and junior mints are both dark chocolate and need to be added to your list of exceptions. 😂
Actually, Mint M&Ms are already on my list of exceptions (how could I forget those). I don't like Junior Mints (the chocolate is too waxy) but I just remembered that Peppermint Patties are also on my exception list - they are very similar to After Eights, though, so they are included in the 'After dinner Mint' category
wilma-bride is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 Jul 18, 10:46 AM  
Link to this Post
Unexpectedpenny
Imagineer

Mobile

The Cape May buffet looks nice and even better with a Moss meme!

Apart from the stale bread Tutto Italia sounds lovely.

I’m sad this is coming to an end! Can you go back next month? Thanks
Unexpectedpenny is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 Jul 18, 11:40 AM  
Link to this Post
mexico07
VIP Dibber

What a great report and so funny too ! You should start a channel on YouTube! Well done I’ve loved every minute of it apart from all the fish which I just do not like in any form! I’m with your dad steak all the way ! We have call grill brunch, yaughtsman, citric is and Cali grill dinner for our signatures , and I have Ohana , tusker house and art smiths which we would have to pay oop for but might scrap and just do qs those days , swaying towards staying with the standard dining plan as as much as your meals have been amazing it has looked also like a lot of work and I’m not having a car while onsite and don’t fancy all the running about on Disney busses! But the jury is still out I’m looking forward to your final assessment! But not wishing your holiday to be over too soon to see it! Have a great time st universal! xxx
mexico07 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 Jul 18, 12:16 PM  
Link to this Post
theCMG
Imagineer

theCMG's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 8
Originally Posted by Goldia View Post
Wow, a sprint finish for the dining plan.

The lunch at Paddlefish looked delicious, great work to get the starter included. Also, the Tutto Italia lunch for DD and DW looked tasty, what a lot of prosciutto.

I now know where to get a good non alcoholic strawberry daquiri which is exceptionally helpful, thanks to your DD for ordering all the daquiris. Plus also she should be thanked for comparing all the steak options! Which was her favourite? Was it the French one? I've lost track!

Also, I can't quite believe you bothered to get your leftovers boxed up so you could snack on them later. While I can understand the not wanting to be wasteful it must have been a bit like Christmas day when my dad says shall we have a turkey sandwich? and I'm thinking we had a 3 course lunch barely a couple of hours ago, I've eaten half my weight in chocolate, drunk a fair amount of wine and I think I may burst if I eat anything more and what I actually say is ooh yes I really fancy that!

It's sad that you are saying good bye to WDW, it sounds like you had a blast though, enjoy yourselves at Uni.
I was running @2 meals behind over the last week so wanted to make sure I was all caught up yesterday What we've realised is that pretty much anywhere with a full bar will make you a strawberry daiquiri if you ask. The Flying Fish/Abracadabar don;t have it on the menu and it was the best one. DW is good at clearing up the leftovers because she can only eat little and often so otherwise even with the deluxe she'd be buying more food between every meal which would be

The toughest thing was when you have a really nice bite of bread or starter and realise you have to stop as early as possible to save room for dessert, and of course the portions are so big anyway!

Originally Posted by Connies Mummy View Post
Byron’s Oreo milkshake with a slug of bourbon equals best shake ever! Became a convert to this on my birthday in June so much so that I purchased a blender and have been experimenting at home, I’ve got pretty good have found that 3 scoops of a good vanilla icecream half a packet of Oreos and about 200mls milk comes pretty close but always add the bourbon after the blending it doesn’t taste the same if you blend it in. Trouble is they taste so good but the ingredients calorie total is obscene especially when I also discovered that adding a tablespoon of crunchy peanut butter brings it to another level!
I couldn't risk making them at home, sounds amazing though! And peanut butter makes everything better

Originally Posted by Jannyjan View Post
One of my sons once had a steak every night for about 10 days one year in Florida. I think his plan was to make the whole 2 weeks but then the dreaded "meat sweats" started and he lost 2 hours of his life in the bathroom. i really hope your DD is made of tougher stuff!
we're not there yet but so much fine dining has I think pushed her to some sort of food wall. We'll all be easing off a little now. DD will do her top 5 Disney steaks as part of the post-trip awards (she has enough for at least a top 10 ).

Originally Posted by wilma-bride View Post
Some great updates. I'm with you on the whole dark chocolate thing - no, no, no. The only exception to this (ever) is where After Eights are concerned.

As far as Peppermint Bark at Ghirardelli, it is rare to find this before October. I have resorted to ordering it online and having it sent to a friend in the US, who will ship it here for me, so great is my addiction to this stuff! Luckily, this year DD and I are visiting in November so intend to take an empty suitcase to fill with the pepperminty goodness.

Your meal at Yachtsman looked fabulous - and DD's sundae, OMG! It's one place that is always on my list but never actually comes to fruition, usually because I balk at paying Yachtsman prices and decide I can get just as good a steak offsite for a fraction of the price. If I ever decided to do the dining plan, it might just happen - but, until then, it's not happening any time soon.

Flying Fish is another on my list but, again (probably mainly due to DH's aversion to fish/seafood) never made it there, despite the fact that is so convenient to Boardwalk (where we normally stay). One day, one day...

Sad to hear your amazing dining at Disney is coming to an end, hope Universal isn't too disappointing - maybe your stomachs will be glad of the rest
Still not tried Peppermint Bark, didn't realise it was seasonal until the shop told DW Yachtsman and Flying Fish were both great, it's going to be tough to rank all the signatures we tried but we'll give it a go!

Originally Posted by Rescuer View Post
Flying Fish looks awesome. Your scallops looked great. We far preferred the flying fish to the yachtsman for atmosphere, service and food.
Ddp often feels like a marathon so hats off to you for managing the delux version.

I’m sure you will love the hard rock and the more laid back pace of universal. Especially with the express pass.

Wow, Deluxe is like the Ironman/Woman of food. Can't wait for no ADRs no Fastpasses no dining plans after an overdose

Originally Posted by wilma-bride View Post
Actually, Mint M&Ms are already on my list of exceptions (how could I forget those). I don't like Junior Mints (the chocolate is too waxy) but I just remembered that Peppermint Patties are also on my exception list - they are very similar to After Eights, though, so they are included in the 'After dinner Mint' category
Love M&Ms and that categorisation of after dinner mints should be the official one I don't know what a Peppermint Patty is but we may find out

Originally Posted by Unexpectedpenny View Post
The Cape May buffet looks nice and even better with a Moss meme!

Apart from the stale bread Tutto Italia sounds lovely.

I’m sad this is coming to an end! Can you go back next month? Thanks
Cape May buffet was good although we preferred Akershus for the nicer dining room (Cape May had more choice of food though). 3-4 days of Universal hopefully will keep you going for a little longer

Originally Posted by mexico07 View Post
What a great report and so funny too ! You should start a channel on YouTube! Well done I’ve loved every minute of it apart from all the fish which I just do not like in any form! I’m with your dad steak all the way ! We have call grill brunch, yaughtsman, citric is and Cali grill dinner for our signatures , and I have Ohana , tusker house and art smiths which we would have to pay oop for but might scrap and just do qs those days , swaying towards staying with the standard dining plan as as much as your meals have been amazing it has looked also like a lot of work and I’m not having a car while onsite and don’t fancy all the running about on Disney busses! But the jury is still out I’m looking forward to your final assessment! But not wishing your holiday to be over too soon to see it! Have a great time st universal! xxx
YouTube no chance I like my anonymity thanks! Planning to post up the final Disney breakfast and an initial conclusion later today
The Prisoner of Vineland Mall (2019) Orlando passion, romance and fine dining...ok so it's mainly eating
Scream if you want to go Fatter! (2018) This report contains images some dieters may find distressing!
The 12 Days of Easter (2015) Rumoured to contain up to one good joke. Let me know if you find it
theCMG is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 Jul 18, 12:22 PM  
Link to this Post
theCMG
Imagineer

theCMG's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 8
Thanks again to all who read, commented and liked. As mentioned above I'll post up the final Disney breakfast and a few initial conclusions on the Deluxe Dining Plan later today Florida time.

As we've barely done Universal before I will ease up on the speed of reporting for those few days while we get as much done as possible and should be publishing those reviews/reports over the weekend when we're back
The Prisoner of Vineland Mall (2019) Orlando passion, romance and fine dining...ok so it's mainly eating
Scream if you want to go Fatter! (2018) This report contains images some dieters may find distressing!
The 12 Days of Easter (2015) Rumoured to contain up to one good joke. Let me know if you find it

Edited at 12:26 PM.
theCMG is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 Jul 18, 02:41 PM  
Link to this Post
DisneyDreamer81
Imagineer

DisneyDreamer81's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
All caught up - fabulous food report!

We had the opposite experience at Flying Fish - truly awful service! So bad I wouldn't bother going back! That dessert does look rather special though
2015 - Disneymoon! Caribbean Beach Resort & Hyatt Regency Grand Cypress
2017 - Yacht Club & Disney Dream
DisneyDreamer81 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List