Notices
Trip Planning Florida Florida Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 25 Nov 20, 09:06 PM  
Link to this Post
TinselAngel
Imagineer

TinselAngel's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 3
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
Originally Posted by ChrisS View Post
Hiya TA, I know Virgin were due to open their Manchester Clubhouse in Spring and have no idea if Covid put a stop to that, if so, depending on the next few months the Clubhouse may be open when you head off

Re The Escape, purely us, after using the Escape afore travelling UC we were not impressed, and even tho UC gave us complimentary entry we gave the Escape a wide swerve, opting to check in 70 mins pre-push back, heading straight to the departure lounge.

You'll notice a big difference in UC, basically unlimited legroom - the A330-300 has a seat width of 22", the 200 was refitted to 20". We can't take advantage of the lie flat bed as it's way too hard for us, but being able to recline with legs up, shoes off, ding dong

You can have coffee as and when you like, Virgin had a coffee machine in the galley and I'm guessing still will. Snacks are also available. Most importantly, you've paid for your seat so enjoy the service and journey The only downside, you will not want to go back to economy, something we haven't done since we began flying PE/UC.
I’ve looked everywhere for info about the clubhouse but not much to be had. I might ask VA on their Facebook or Twitter. I will share anything I find out with my Dibb friends of course!

Edited to add : I asked VA on their Facebook if it would be open by August - here is what they said:

Hi Julie, thanks for getting in touch. Great to hear you're due to travel with us soon. I'm very sorry but due to the current circumstances, we don't have a definite date of when the Clubhouse is going to be open, I am sorry!

I’m getting slightly concerned that UC travel might be as addictive as my favourite destination!

Edited at 10:56 PM. Reason: More info
TinselAngel is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Nov 20, 12:01 PM  
Link to this Post
florida_noob
Very Serious Dibber

changed our booking from Atlanta (this was my choice but I was outvoted by the family!) to Going to LA instead, cost no extra miles or cash or fees to change, but used 2 vouchers I though were expired (turns out not) still have another left to use too, valid until late summer 22!

our second trip here so going to be a road trip to cover PCH and probably a trip to Grand Canyon via Vegas(vegas not really our thing but will be stopover)

and either a start or finish with Disneyland/huntingdon beach for a few days

Looking forward to trying the New A350, booked 1A!.
florida_noob is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Nov 20, 09:41 PM  
Link to this Post
deek72
Serious Dibber

Originally Posted by disney332 View Post
OP - You must try a Virgin Readhead Cocktail

Disney332
I'd love to try a virgin redhead
deek72 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 Jun 21, 01:29 PM  
Link to this Post
Rebelrebel
Imagineer

Just found this thread. Looking to go late this year or early next with my cc upgrades . Planning to fly into ATL and perhaps overnight there before continuing the next morning. Am I right in thinking we can get some drinks and food in the lounge when we arrive there, this would be handy as we will be staying in an airport hotel?
Rebelrebel is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 Jun 21, 02:01 PM  
Link to this Post
DisneyCupcake
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Rebelrebel View Post
Just found this thread. Looking to go late this year or early next with my cc upgrades . Planning to fly into ATL and perhaps overnight there before continuing the next morning. Am I right in thinking we can get some drinks and food in the lounge when we arrive there, this would be handy as we will be staying in an airport hotel?
If you are travelling from LHR or Manchester in UC then you would have access to all the facilites in the Clubhouse if they are operational by the time you travel. The LHR Clubhouse is amazing.

if you mean when you arrive in Atlanta off your transatlantic flight then the answer would be no because the lounge would be airside and you will be landside after you have passed through customs and immigration. If you are staying overnight and then flying down to, say to Orlando, on a qualifying ticket or have airline status that allows entry to the lounge then you would be able to get something to eat and drink.

Edited at 02:03 PM.
DisneyCupcake is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 Jun 21, 02:04 PM  
Link to this Post
Dr.JumbaJookiba
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by Rebelrebel View Post
Lounge access is only available at departures, so if you overnighted you would get breakfast.
Dr.JumbaJookiba is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 Jun 21, 09:03 PM  
Link to this Post
Fiona35
Apprentice Imagineer

Enjoy every minute of the experience, be warned you will not want to turn right ever again😀
My friend and I make use of the lounges and take advantage of the complimentary beauty treatments on offer.
On board we don’t care much for the alcoholic beverages but the UC FA have made us mocktails and are forever asking if we’d like any hot drinks. There’s always the snack basket to raid as well.
It’s just so nice to put your feet up and be pampered 😀
The only negative about the night flights is you can sometimes hear the snoring going on! lol
Fiona35 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 Jun 21, 09:14 PM  
Link to this Post
Disneyfreaks
Imagineer

Originally Posted by sophiepop View Post
You must've forgotten about the joy of spending 9 hours in an economy seat, with the person in front reclined onto your knee and trying to eat you meal etc?
😂😂 we’ve all been there ! 😂😂
Disneyfreaks is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List