Notices
General Chat This forum is for general topics and chat type threads.

Old 29 Nov 20, 01:16 PM  
Link to this Post
Sally42
Imagineer

I’m very emotional 😓
I cried because the sun came out 😓
I cried because Royal Mail haven’t delivered our nespresso pods which are on subscribe and save and have been for a year and I ran out of pods 😓
I’ve not seen my 88 year old mum and dad for months and when I say bye on the phone, my dad always shouts ‘Bye Sal. Love you’ and that makes me cry 😢
I had a nasty fall on Friday the 13th and broke my ankle 😓

I’m crying writing this 😪
However life will get better. I’m still free from cancer and grateful for that.

Love to everyone who feels sad or down x x x
Sally42 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 Nov 20, 01:30 PM  
Link to this Post
ERICSMUM
Imagineer

My depression is always at it’s worst this time of year, shorter days etc. Little things upset me for hours, I waste a lot of time. I’m usually in Florida for a few weeks in Nov for my sunshine top-up which helps me mentally.

Add to this, I’m sick of wearing a mask, glasses steaming up yet other people completely ignore social distancing - I nip round the supermarket so quickly, trying to avoid nutters who get too close. I love Christmas shopping but I don’t think I’ll be going into town much.

I’ll be happy to have the vaccination when it’s my turn if it means I can return to normal.
ERICSMUM is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 Nov 20, 03:35 PM  
Link to this Post
Elmhurst 5
Apprentice Imagineer

Cant say I am or tht I'm but very miffed that I will spend Christmas on my own and not see my family, who I dont see at all during this pandemic. But, hoped I could over the Christmas holiday, but no, I'm in tier 2 and not bubbled with them. I've my day all planed out, (I watch my weight all year)... cocktails and nibbles at 12ish whilst I get my dinner sorted, yes it will be Turkey and all the trimmings,seeral glasses of bubbly as well. Christmas pud, make my own then I will be so full up I will just have to go and lie on the sofa and watch some TV, if their is anything to watch. So, although I'm felling low, I have that day to look forward too and seeing my lot when the 'powers that be' say I can.
Elmhurst 5 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 Nov 20, 03:58 PM  
Link to this Post
megaflyer
Imagineer

I absolutely hate this time of year. The grey dark damp and Christmas all make my depression and mental health worse. With family stuck in Tier 3 there is no chance of a the usual pre Christmas visit and with places (ie bars and pubs around me) in London not opening as Tier 2 makes it no economical effective (apparently) it will be a sober one too - drinking alone is a dangerous slippery slope that I dont want to go down on top of all the others issues. Will plan a long walk then some soup and mince pies with copious cups of tea - done that today (plus picked the last of my olives from my trees) and thankful for what I have and not what I haven’t .
megaflyer is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 Nov 20, 04:13 PM  
Link to this Post
NewtoOrlando
VIP Dibber

NewtoOrlando's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
I am definitely more fed up than I would usually be at this time of year. Work has been tough, mentally and physically draining, had Covid and still getting over recurrent infections, just feel exhausted all the time. I usually hibernate at this time of year anyway, I HATE the cold, hate the dark nights and my friends all mock me for it, but I am quite content at home, fire on with the family and the dog. We've decorated DD's bedroom and we both had some leave as were supposed to be in New York this weekend, so decided to decorate DS room so been keeping busy. But I just want to go to Cornwall and see our family down there. I'm desperate for some sunshine and a holiday, but don't want to book anything as can't be bothered to book anything in fear of having to cancel and be disappointed yet again.

Really feel for everyone who is in tier 3 and struggling. Here's to some light at the end of the tunnel xx

Miami/CBR/RPR/Bahama Bay Aug 16
Deerfield Beach/HRH/POFQ/Contemporary/Westridge - Aug 18
New York - Westin Grand Central - Nov 18
Disneyland Paris - Hotel Cheyenne - Dec 18
All Star Sport/POFQ/Aylesbury Villa/Deerfield Beach - Oct 19
Miami/Hard Rock hotel/Pop Century/Legacy Park Dibb Villa - Aug 2022

Saratoga Springs/Rosen Plaza - Dec 2024
NewtoOrlando is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 Nov 20, 08:36 PM  
Link to this Post
Ds4ljs
Imagineer

Ds4ljs's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 1
Me... I’m an absolutely knackered teacher, mum of 2 and renovating a rectory. Missing my late dad and am in Tier 3 trying to keep my mum’s mood up. I’m lucky in so many ways but just tired a needed a safe place to vent. Thanks for giving me that space... x

Edited at 09:50 PM.
Ds4ljs is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 Nov 20, 08:42 PM  
Link to this Post
megaflyer
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Ds4ljs View Post
Me... I’m an absolutely knackered teacher, mum of 2, 11 plus and renovating a rectory. Missing my late dad and am in Tier 3 trying to keep my mum’s mood up. I’m lucky in so many ways but just tired a needed a safe place to vent. Thanks for giving me that space... x
Good luck with the renovation and its the rectory I thinking off i used to play there as a child including having a den in the the out buildings (I viewed it earlier this year too) if its the same one
megaflyer is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 Nov 20, 08:46 PM  
Link to this Post
Gryff
Imagineer

I’m not as bad this time in level 4 Scotland’s as I was at the beginning but that’s because we’ve a house full 2 elderly relatives with us who were on there own at the start a grandson with us and provide essential child care for 2 other Gdks
We thought long and hard about have the other 2 Gdks but the olds wanted them here
As they are very fit healthy and love the company of them
And gds who lives with us is in the same nursery bubble as the other one who’s in the same bubble as his 3 cousins so the 5 of them are together 5 days a week and they love it and the other half of there bubble is made up of a similar family group
Gryff is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 Nov 20, 09:50 PM  
Link to this Post
Ds4ljs
Imagineer

Ds4ljs's Reviews
Originally Posted by megaflyer View Post
Good luck with the renovation and its the rectory I thinking off i used to play there as a child including having a den in the the out buildings (I viewed it earlier this year too) if its the same one
It absolutely is! I wonder if we viewed it on the same day... I played around there too 😀 Never dreamed I’d be renovating it one day. It needs lots of work but like I say I am very lucky.

Just shattered and getting ready knowing what’s coming at school again tomorrow. Feel like I need to give myself a shake and count my blessings!
Ds4ljs is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 Nov 20, 10:05 PM  
Link to this Post
Saratoska
VIP Dibber

Saratoska's Reviews
Really struggling , miss my mum terribly , she died last year and I’m finding it a struggle without her
my son was shielding and still is so we are not getting out for walks , can’t leave him on his own and owning a company also is added stress just now

I watched my Grandchilden which helped myself and ds but my ds , his in-laws stopped it because of covid which I totally understand but he then feared for us so we don’t watch them now and not coming for Xmas

Not even going to put up our tree this year

Edited at 10:07 PM.
Saratoska is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List