Notices
Trip Planning Florida Florida Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 3 Dec 20, 07:55 AM  
Link to this Post
chris123armit
Very Serious Dibber

Mobile Anyone booked for 2022 with Tui & flying from Birmingham?

Hi
I just wondered if any of you lovely Dibbers had booked 2022 already with Tui flying out of Birmingham on a Saturday please?
I booked 27th October for Easter 2022 (2/4/22) & managed to book premium seats a few weeks later...
I noticed another thread saying flights from Doncaster had been cancelled & checked mine... all ok
But when you do a new dummy booking there are only Thursday & Monday flights out of Birmingham... 🤷🏻
Hoping it’s a glitch as I have heard nothing but am panicking 😬
Tried to get through to them but was on hold ages & gave up... (got my DS (who has complex needs) at home self-isolating so don’t get much change to try for long &#129396
Old 3 Dec 20, 09:17 AM  
Link to this Post
wdw-wanderer
Apprentice Imagineer

Something similar has happened to our booking from Manchester in August 2021. For a very short while a Sunday flight departing at 8.00am appeared on their website, which fitted in with our dates so we booked it but a few days later it disappeared when you tried to make a dummy booking. There are no Sunday flights from Manchester listed at all. We surmised that the early flight time would fit in with a TUI cruise sail time of 4.00pm and as cruises are cancelled I’m concerned that this flight will not operate. I phoned TUI who assured me that it’s scheduled to operate but I’m not 100% convinced. By the time it’s cancelled there will be very few options for us to find a replacement flight at a reasonable cost!
wdw-wanderer is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Dec 20, 09:39 AM  
Link to this Post
chris123armit
Very Serious Dibber

Mobile

Originally Posted by wdw-wanderer View Post
Something similar has happened to our booking from Manchester in August 2021. For a very short while a Sunday flight departing at 8.00am appeared on their website, which fitted in with our dates so we booked it but a few days later it disappeared when you tried to make a dummy booking. There are no Sunday flights from Manchester listed at all. We surmised that the early flight time would fit in with a TUI cruise sail time of 4.00pm and as cruises are cancelled I’m concerned that this flight will not operate. I phoned TUI who assured me that it’s scheduled to operate but I’m not 100% convinced. By the time it’s cancelled there will be very few options for us to find a replacement flight at a reasonable cost!
Gosh hope they don’t mess you about!
It’s so stressful isn’t it...!
To cut along story short this is a replacement holiday for the Easter 2020 holiday we didn’t get to take... & my eldest DS has very complex needs & ASD... I have to book everything so precisely to suit & meet his needs... had got him the front seats too... next to toilet & with no screen & no seat in front of him so he feels more comfortable 🤷🏻
Let’s hope it’s a glitch! 🤞🏻🤞🏻
Old 5 Dec 20, 10:40 AM  
Link to this Post
Mkp1974
Helping Minnie

I’ve just had the same. My 22/05 flight from Bristol has vanished, as has the return. You can now only fly out every third Saturday rather than weekly. Last week the prices dropped further to only £400 each so clearly lots of availability. I’ve called them to be told the flight is still going, it’s probably sold out. Clearly this cannot be correct due to the price drop and COVID but Im told I won’t be told anything further until nearer the time. Not much good for trying to plan a holiday... so cannot book anything else until I know what’s happening here. Very poor service and now left in limbo
Mkp1974 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Dec 20, 08:05 PM  
Link to this Post
chris123armit
Very Serious Dibber

Mobile

Originally Posted by Mkp1974 View Post
I’ve just had the same. My 22/05 flight from Bristol has vanished, as has the return. You can now only fly out every third Saturday rather than weekly. Last week the prices dropped further to only £400 each so clearly lots of availability. I’ve called them to be told the flight is still going, it’s probably sold out. Clearly this cannot be correct due to the price drop and COVID but Im told I won’t be told anything further until nearer the time. Not much good for trying to plan a holiday... so cannot book anything else until I know what’s happening here. Very poor service and now left in limbo
Hope you get this sorted!
I know there are far bigger problems in the world at the mo... however we keep going through our holidays & planning don’t we?!
I rang & was told my holiday & flight are still on but they will ring if there are any changes...🤷🏻 Not sure i believe that when they failed to ring me about my April 2020 cancellation 🥴
Like you I darent book anymore extras in case it doesn’t happen
Know they have told other Dibbers the flight data have changed
Let me know if you hear anything pls
🤞🏻🤞🏻
Old 7 Dec 20, 09:56 PM  
Link to this Post
CrazyBaby
Relaxing at the Grand Floridian

Just to confirm TUI phoned us today to confirm that the flight has been changed from Doncaster to Manchester. Not overly bothered but happy to have had it confirmed.
Old 8 Dec 20, 07:50 AM  
Link to this Post
chris123armit
Very Serious Dibber

Mobile

Originally Posted by CrazyBaby View Post
Just to confirm TUI phoned us today to confirm that the flight has been changed from Doncaster to Manchester. Not overly bothered but happy to have had it confirmed.
We have still heard nothing!
When I rang Tui the girl said it’s still going ahead...🤷🏻
Not sure I believe them!