Notices
General Chat This forum is for general topics and chat type threads.

Old 3 Dec 20, 09:51 PM  
Link to this Post
Labboy
VIP Dibber

Sometimes I use aveeno oat shower in the shower , really gentle and good on the skin, btw am so glad it just isn’t me with skin probs
Labboy is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Dec 20, 10:06 PM  
Link to this Post
megaflyer
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Labboy View Post
Sometimes I use aveeno oat shower in the shower , really gentle and good on the skin, btw am so glad it just isn’t me with skin probs
I had terrible acne until into my 30’s then skin cancer so I only use creams and lotions my oncologist recommends - I use Kiehls face F50 on my ears and nose every day I go outside even for a walk in the winter. It’s a great product - been using them on and off since I discovered them in New York in the 1980’s and well before L’Oréal took over and started marketing more to women (it had been very male oriented back then)
megaflyer is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Dec 20, 10:15 PM  
Link to this Post
ERICSMUM
Imagineer

Originally Posted by ChoppyGirl View Post
Aldi do a very good range of face creams. Decent stuff at fab prices
Another vote for Aldi’s Lacura range. It’s inexpensive so if it doesn’t suit you, you won’t lose a fortune.
ERICSMUM is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Dec 20, 10:18 PM  
Link to this Post
ERICSMUM
Imagineer

Good skin can come from good genes.

Face creams etc don’t work on their own, we get results by also drinking lots of water, not smoking and using suitable sun protection.
ERICSMUM is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Dec 20, 10:24 PM  
Link to this Post
megaflyer
Imagineer

Originally Posted by ERICSMUM View Post

Face creams etc don’t work on their own, we get results by also drinking lots of water, not smoking and using suitable sun protection.
I must have good genes (but dont know about that for sure) but certainly my mother had good skin and was a sun worshipper but always used top notch products, sun screen every day and drank loads of water - something as children we could only have a soda after we had finished a whole glass of water and we always had water with wine and yes smoking is the very worst for aging (next to sun). Those things have stuck with my sister and I and we both have good skin

Also having regular bowel movements is good for the skin (apparently ) - we used to be given a glass of cabbage water to help things there lol
megaflyer is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Dec 20, 10:33 PM  
Link to this Post
EssexSue
VIP Dibber

Mobile

My step grandmother always drank cabbage water and she had lovely skin, even my mum said so and she hated her!
EssexSue is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Dec 20, 10:36 PM  
Link to this Post
Labboy
VIP Dibber

My skin probs come from all the dodgy chemicals I worked with over the years imo
Labboy is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Dec 20, 10:43 PM  
Link to this Post
Princess Alison
Imagineer

Originally Posted by ERICSMUM View Post

I think a good diet is key. Since I've been eating a lot more healthily, I've noticed a dramatic difference in my skin. For the better!
Princess Alison is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Dec 20, 11:44 PM  
Link to this Post
ChrisS
Imagineer

I'm using Aldi Lacura Caviar day cream, £6.99 a jar, and my skin is great, see HERE. I've only realised, the rosacea type rash that would pop up once every three weeks or so, hasn't appeared for months.
Old 4 Dec 20, 11:29 AM  
Link to this Post
catherinesian
Imagineer

I use La Roche Posay as I have problem skin and it's the only one I've found that works. But it's not very eco friendly at all (and it's the only plastic wrapped toiletry item I have which upsets me a little) - if my skin weren't an issue I would use the face cream from either Trawden Soap Kitchen (Etsy) or Soaps for Little Suds (Facebook - we use their shampoo / conditioner bars). Both are home run shops with full accreditation and neither use any plastics or unsustainable products (palm oil) in their recipes. Plus Trawden donate a % of profits to local animal rescues up in Lancashire.

Next trip to WDW Sept 2024 for our Wedding

Edited at 11:30 AM.
catherinesian is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List