Notices
General Chat This forum is for general topics and chat type threads.

Old 2 Dec 20, 08:12 PM  
Link to this Post
shauney
Imagineer

Go to your card company. At the very least they will put the amount in suspense so you won't be paying it.
shauney is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Dec 20, 09:25 PM  
Link to this Post
snowbelle
Imagineer

I would hardly be surprised if Curry's haven’t even contacted the supplier , Curry's will fight tooth and nail not to refund you ,Ihave had first hand experience.
They are not a popular company on here many people have had numerous issues with them.
Contact your card company for help.
snowbelle is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Dec 20, 09:44 PM  
Link to this Post
scruffycharlie
Apprentice Imagineer

There was a phone in on this morning yesterday about currys not giving refunds. Alice Beer managed to get a few people refunds but admitted they only got them because she got in touch. She did say something about tweeting her and currys.
scruffycharlie is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Dec 20, 07:44 PM  
Link to this Post
LOU LOU DISNEY
VIP Dibber

Still no joy so I rang the CC company today & they were very helpful. Told me to fill out the dispute form online & send all the evidence & receipts etc to them. She said I should hear back in 14 days & that the interest will be refunded too.
Feel a bit better now, so I’m off to fill this in & get it emailed to them.
Thanks all for your help 😊

✨Disneyland Paris - 02, 03, 04, 05, 06, 07, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 16, 17 x3, 18, 19x2, 22, 24.
✨Disneyworld Florida - 08, 14, 15, 17, 25.
✨Disneyland Tokyo & Disney Sea - 2016.
✨Disneyland California - 2018, 2023
✨Disney Magic 🚢 - 2021
⭐️NYC - 2016, 2017, 2019.
⭐️Las Vegas, Grand Canyon -2018
⭐️San Francisco, Las Vegas & Antelope Canyon -19 ⭐️Washington DC - 22⭐️LA/Anaheim-23 ⭐️Seattle -24
LOU LOU DISNEY is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Dec 20, 08:12 PM  
Link to this Post
maidmarian
Imagineer

Mobile

Currys are a nightmare, avoid them, shocking after sales service
maidmarian is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Dec 20, 08:24 PM  
Link to this Post
Kirky123
Imagineer

Kirky123's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 2
We had a nightmare getting a refund for a TV we bought online from Currys business. After 2 weeks we'd heard nothing so managed to get through only to be told the TV had never been in stock and wasn't coming in. It took them 8 weeks to finally refund us.

It took emailing the actual refund team to get our money.
Try

refunds@pcwb.com

I know that's to the business team but maybe they'll forward it or try removing the b from the address.

Hope it gets sorted.
Kirky123 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Dec 20, 08:32 PM  
Link to this Post
Mr Tom Morrow
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 3
I got flayed by a certain individual when I posted that I popped in there to look at a fridge/freezer with no intention of buying off them. Whatever!

This popped on today on BBC News. After being flayed on the media they have rolled over at long last.

bbc/news/technology-55250097

A Company that doesn't deserve any custom.

"PAGING MR MORROW, MR TOM MORROW..."

''I drink Wine and know things''

DVC Owners at SSR since 2003.
Multiple annual visits to America since 1976
Mr Tom Morrow is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Dec 20, 08:35 PM  
Link to this Post
maidmarian
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Mr Tom Morrow View Post
I got flayed by a certain individual when I posted that I popped in there to look at a fridge/freezer with no intention of buying off them. Whatever!

This popped on today on BBC News. After being flayed on the media they have rolled over at long last.

bbc/news/technology-55250097

A Company that doesn't deserve any custom.
I remember that one 👍
I agree they're a terrible company Tom

Edited at 08:46 PM. Reason: Spelling
maidmarian is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 Dec 20, 02:12 PM  
Link to this Post
LOU LOU DISNEY
VIP Dibber

Got my money back today via the credit card company. Still no movement from Currys but at least I don’t have to worry about them now. I will never buy from them again! Thanks to everyone for advising me about going the CC route as I had no idea. They really are a safe thing to use😊

✨Disneyland Paris - 02, 03, 04, 05, 06, 07, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 16, 17 x3, 18, 19x2, 22, 24.
✨Disneyworld Florida - 08, 14, 15, 17, 25.
✨Disneyland Tokyo & Disney Sea - 2016.
✨Disneyland California - 2018, 2023
✨Disney Magic 🚢 - 2021
⭐️NYC - 2016, 2017, 2019.
⭐️Las Vegas, Grand Canyon -2018
⭐️San Francisco, Las Vegas & Antelope Canyon -19 ⭐️Washington DC - 22⭐️LA/Anaheim-23 ⭐️Seattle -24
LOU LOU DISNEY is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 Dec 20, 02:58 PM  
Link to this Post
Vanillapod
Imagineer

Glad you got the money back.
We had a weird incident with them just before Christmas.
We decided to move with the times and get a microwave
Anyway, we were pretty clueless and just ordered what looked like a good deal. We chose to click and collect as the item was in stock at our local store.
OH went and got it and we realised it was far too big!
Obviously this is my fault but I’m surely entitled to return it?!
We hadn’t even taken the polystyrene off fully and all the plastic was still attached. It was boxed back up exactly as we’d found it.
I immediately ordered the smaller version, again, with click and collect and upon receipt of the pick up text OH popped the massive one in the boot and we went to pick up and return.
It was a matter of hours
They were so stroppy about it!
Apparently I should have requested a collection via DPD. He kept telling me he shouldn’t really be accepting it back but as i’d caught him in a good mood and that it was Christmas he was doing me a big favour!
He clearly wasn’t in a good mood 😆
Anyway, I did at least get my refund but it didn’t even occur to me that I wouldn’t be able to return the item to the store I bought it from.
They didn’t order it in for me. It was on the shelf.
Weird.
I can’t say I’d use them again

Edited at 03:08 PM.
Vanillapod is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List