Notices
Trip Planning Florida Florida Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 3 Dec 20, 03:50 PM  
Link to this Post
jonsgirl80
Imagineer

We are also booked

LHR-DUB-MCO. Obviously know its not guaranteed but the bargain aer lingus flights £400 each sold it to me and only 3hr layover each way which is about the maximum I'm happy to do with young Kids.

14th August we fly out and we've used the money saved to extend it to 3 weeks . 5 nights Bahamas cruise, 1 week Disney CBR, 1 week villa. We have 2 nights free at the beginning - thinking of renewing our vows on the first full day so possibly looking renting dvc points for somewhere special for those two nights.

I've started watching vlogs again and i'm allowing myself to be (cautiously) excited for the first time since March 😁

Fingers crossed
jonsgirl80 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Dec 20, 04:17 PM  
Link to this Post
Thorpy
Imagineer

Originally Posted by jonsgirl80 View Post
We are also booked

LHR-DUB-MCO. Obviously know its not guaranteed but the bargain aer lingus flights £400 each sold it to me and only 3hr layover each way which is about the maximum I'm happy to do with young Kids.

14th August we fly out and we've used the money saved to extend it to 3 weeks . 5 nights Bahamas cruise, 1 week Disney CBR, 1 week villa. We have 2 nights free at the beginning - thinking of renewing our vows on the first full day so possibly looking renting dvc points for somewhere special for those two nights.

I've started watching vlogs again and i'm allowing myself to be (cautiously) excited for the first time since March 😁

Fingers crossed
That's the thing... cautiously allowing excitement. There are a few things that should help us head to normality, and a few that might delay that return. If the vaccines roll out smoothly and they work, excitement will start to go bananas, and those of us that jumped on the Aer Lingus prices will have a right bargain.
Old 3 Dec 20, 04:22 PM  
Link to this Post
Cloverlady
Imagineer

We also bagged good prices with Aer Lingus!
Going Newcastle - Dublin- Orlando, ours are in the September though!

Feel really very optimistic for that trip, been watching vlogs and planned our Disney days etc

(Our trip booked for this coming March however, I'm NOT at all expecting to go ahead, but was worth a shot. And well, you just never know...)
Cloverlady is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Dec 20, 07:37 PM  
Link to this Post
Whoppery5k
Relaxing at the Grand Floridian

Love seeing all these posts again and seeing people plan.
1st time I went I was on this forum hours at a time, most nights of the week and gained amazing advice which made the trip incredible.
I look forward to seeing everyone getting excited if the vaccine works as it should and we can all enjoy a fantastic trip to the worlds most amazing happy place
Whoppery5k is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Dec 20, 08:25 PM  
Link to this Post
may
Apprentice Imagineer

may's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 10
We are booked for August 26th to September 16th. The flights were too cheap to resist at £258 LGW to MCO direct return. Currently 12 nights 2 bed apartment SPM Blue Tree Lake Buena Vista, 1 night Hard Rock, 7 nights Cabana Bay family suite, 1 night Royal Pacific Club level. The accommodation and Discovery Cove tickets are all fully refundable within certain time frames. I think cautiously optimistic describes it well:-)
may is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Dec 20, 09:14 PM  
Link to this Post
goofyfan
Trading Disney Pins

We moved our 2020 August trip to 2021 when it was cancelled but last week we booked our flights so it’s starting to feel real! Moved from pofq to aoa (which was actually my first choice but we were swayed by the free dine offer.). This would be my first wdw trip!
goofyfan is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Dec 20, 09:23 PM  
Link to this Post
deek72
Serious Dibber

Originally Posted by tootsie rolls View Post
Rebooked for sept 11th next year , much more positive it will happen and things will be back to near normal 😁
I'll wave to you on your way out. We return 11 Sep from 21 Aug

Come on Trump - get those vaccinations started!
deek72 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Dec 20, 09:39 PM  
Link to this Post
Dazed
VIP Dibber

We had booked July but I’ve found out today that my Sister and brother in law have booked the same dates for their holiday (we all work together so can’t be on holiday at the same time). An hour and a half on the phone to BA and we are now booked 29th July - 22nd August. We have to fly home from Miami but we have 6 x Clubworld seats so it’s not too bad. Now I have to change my parents flights, pay the difference due to the cock up and change the DVC booking.
Dazed is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Dec 20, 10:26 PM  
Link to this Post
Buttercup1982
slightly serious Dibber

We've moved from August 2020 at POR to August 2021 at CSR. Flights with BA, 10 nights Disney and 4 nights at universals RPR x x
Buttercup1982 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Dec 20, 10:03 AM  
Link to this Post
1RGJ
Getting Excited

We were going this August, however now booked for August 2021-Leaving Heathrow on 12th, 2 nights in celebrations, Hard Rock Universal for 3 nights, down to Disney Polynesian for 7 nights, Contemporary for 6 night free stay. I was not convinced it would go ahead last year, however I feel much more positive that we will be walking down main street USA with no masks and happy faces all around us!
1RGJ is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List