Notices
Accommodation Hotels, Resorts, Villas Questions and Info

Old 3 Feb 20, 07:13 PM  
Link to this Post
Laurak
New Poster (4)

Mobile

Again really appreciate the input. I'll have a lot to discuss with my party when we get together! In my research I've noticed that the same apartment complex (eg for lbv village resort and spa) can have reviews varying from "spotless and perfect" to "filthy and bug infested"! This seems more extreme in Florida than other holidays I've been on. Is this just different standards? Or do the apartments really vary. If so any tips on how to get a good one?
Laurak is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Feb 20, 07:22 PM  
Link to this Post
poppett67
Trying for More Ears

Mobile

We stayed at cypress pointe in 2015. Three bedroom condo... Within lovely grounds. Wouldn't be able to walk to Disney springs but it's worth a look.
4th Visit...September 2023, members Villa at Tuscan Hill. Took the Grandson this time.
5th visit...planning for 2025 with a granddaughter in tow.
poppett67 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Feb 20, 09:47 PM  
Link to this Post
Bubblejet
Earning More Ears

Mobile

Originally Posted by Laurak View Post
Again really appreciate the input. I'll have a lot to discuss with my party when we get together! In my research I've noticed that the same apartment complex (eg for lbv village resort and spa) can have reviews varying from "spotless and perfect" to "filthy and bug infested"! This seems more extreme in Florida than other holidays I've been on. Is this just different standards? Or do the apartments really vary. If so any tips on how to get a good one?
Some of the LBV apartments are privately owned and rented out independently. Virgin have specific rooms and they are in the refurbished blocks. We have also booked directly with the resort and requested block 5 which is fine.
It is often cheaper to book independently but understand the comfort of a package and if you travel outside of school holidays they can be fairly competitively priced.
It is so quick and easy to Uber from LBV to other restaurants and Disney springs I wouldn’t let that put you off it is so quick to get there.
Another one to check is Floridays I think Ocean Florida will do a package to there. They definitely have 3 beds and I think walking distance to some restaurants (but not Disney springs)
Bubblejet is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Feb 20, 10:43 PM  
Link to this Post
Laurak
New Poster (4)

Mobile

That info about virgin rooms is really helpful thanks!
Laurak is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Feb 20, 11:35 PM  
Link to this Post
Disney Planning
Imagineer

A 3 bedroom townhome at Windsor a Hills might suit too, there a couple on The Dibb that own, I have a review for one we stayed in that I would recommend.
Disney Planning is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Feb 20, 11:35 PM  
Link to this Post

Mobile

There are very few places that I would wish to walk to / from to be honest. Even LBVR&S if you look at it on a map you might think oh can walk down to Walmart or some of the shops nearby but the roadside isn't really condusive to walking. Prefer the promenade in European holidays but it just doesn't happen in the same way in the states. There are places that you can go to and walk, but not really stay next to within walking distance so much.

Somewhere like bahama bay or similar with lovely resort apartments but then a drive to "locations" works best for us.
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Feb 20, 11:46 PM  
Link to this Post
BevS97
VIP Dibber

BevS97's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 7

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 9
Guidebook Photos: 18
Guidebook Reviews: 7
It’s a very different holiday to Europe. We rarely manage an evening stroll before dinner. Dinner tends to be at a park or on the way home from one.

You could have an evening in citywalk or Disney springs but you’d need to drive there. There is parking at both.

Apartments- id look at Windsor palms / Windsor Hills / cypress pointe / lake Buena vista resort and spa / Floridays.

I’d also consider a 3 bed townhouse or vill as long As you are able to choose the location. I wouldn’t let them allocate it as some can be miles away.
BevS97 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Feb 20, 03:03 AM  
Link to this Post
highlander447
Imagineer

highlander447's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
Restaurant Reviews: 18
Mobile

Cypress Pointe area has plenty of walking space for evening stroll plus bars, restaurant and the usual souvenir shops plus mini golf Disney Springs in about 35 min walk away but in heat not exactly comfortable but we have done it a few times and got Uber back about $8
highlander447 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Feb 20, 08:19 PM  
Link to this Post
dibdobber
Relaxing at the Grand Floridian

dibdobber's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
Restaurant Reviews: 3
I can recommend either Floridays or Vista Cay? Floridays is nearer to Disney but neither are that far away from Disney/Universal.
dibdobber is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List