Notices
ADR's, Dining, Food and Restaurants Anything and Everything to do with Eating.

Old 20 Oct 19, 10:06 PM  
Link to this Post
Momofboys
Imagineer

Momofboys's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
I'll second Cookes of Dublin, their fish and chips are amazing.

Have been to Blaze too and their pizza is good too.
Old 28 Oct 19, 12:28 PM  
Link to this Post
Bugs_n_Belfy
Gone all Goofy

Originally Posted by Momofboys View Post
I'll second Cookes of Dublin, their fish and chips are amazing.

Have been to Blaze too and their pizza is good too.
I have read that Blaze use the same oven for their gluten free base as their regular bases so there is a cross contamination issue... did you have any trouble with this?
Bugs_n_Belfy is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Oct 19, 04:45 PM  
Link to this Post
Florida Gator
Apprentice Imagineer

Mobile

I also enjoyed deluxe burger, raglan road and Cooke’s. I didn’t chance blaze, I react very badly to cross contamination and didn’t feel comfortable enough to trust it. The pizzas looked amazing though...
Florida Gator is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Oct 19, 05:49 PM  
Link to this Post
shona
Apprentice Imagineer

We went in September and I am coeliac and came across BJ Brewhouse at Lake Buena Vista. They had a great gluten free menu and I didn’t have any issues.
shona is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Nov 19, 02:28 PM  
Link to this Post
Bugs_n_Belfy
Gone all Goofy

Has anyone eaten at the Rainforest Cafe? Do they cater for Coeliacs?

Thanks
Bugs_n_Belfy is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Feb 20, 12:44 PM  
Link to this Post
Susu
VIP Dibber

Susu's Reviews
Sorry, I can’t comment on Rainforest Cafe as I’ve never been there.

However, I had a good burger in Paradiso 37 in October. They do GF buns and their fries are wheat free.

I’m not coeliac or even gluten intolerant. I do react to even the smallest amount of wheat (pain in my knees after a few hours) and I had no problem at Blaze. With Blaze, I did need to compromise because I try to avoid whey and eggs - both of these are used in the GF pizza base. However, these don’t cause me so much of an issue as the wheat so I made an informed choice. Pizza was excellent and I’m looking forward to a visit next time we go.

Had an excellent burger and fries at the Electric Umbrella in EPCOT. I did have to wait longer than the rest of our party but it was worth the wait. I liked the allergen menus on the MDE website and wish they were extended to all locations. They seem to be very limited.

I have bought two Erin McKenna cookbooks so can enjoy the cakes at home too.
Susu is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Jul 21, 07:11 PM  
Link to this Post
whambar
Imagineer

whambar's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 4
Quick question, I have IBD and there are many foods that I cannot eat so follow low residue diet (no nuts, peas, beans etc) also low or no fibre, only certain well cooked veg and mainly eat chicken, chicken stock/broth and rice, very bland and boring tbh any recommendations on where to eat please?
Old 22 Jul 21, 05:09 PM  
Link to this Post
Wobbles
VIP Dibber

Wobbles's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 3
Originally Posted by whambar View Post
Quick question, I have IBD and there are many foods that I cannot eat so follow low residue diet (no nuts, peas, beans etc) also low or no fibre, only certain well cooked veg and mainly eat chicken, chicken stock/broth and rice, very bland and boring tbh any recommendations on where to eat please?
Most places will tailor your meal and lots of places will do vegetables and rice as a side, for example you can get this in Outback, Logans, Longhorns, Texas Roadhouse and Black Angus.

But even if chicken comes with the sauce, have a chat with your server and in most places they will withhold the sauce. One of the brilliant things about eating in the states, is there always options. Americans are forthright in saying what they want even if it is not on the menu

My mother in law has a very restricted diet and she will often have a child's meal with an extra adult side.

Trip Reports
Howling @ the Horror 2015 (Complete)
Who knew Toronto was on the Med (Complete)
Getting Our Kicks - Pre Trippie
Wobbles is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Oct 21, 10:43 PM  
Link to this Post
caitlinsmummy
Imagineer

I hope this is in the correct section but I can't seem to find any answers elsewhere on the forum.

I have had a gastric sleeve meaning I can eat very little now. When dining out at home I usually order a starter, side or a child's meal. I have a medical card which I usually show if questioned on ordering a child's meal (most places state under 12) does anyone know if this would be accepted in Orlando also? Or if anyone has ordered a child's meal and not had any issues? X
caitlinsmummy is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Oct 21, 10:59 PM  
Link to this Post
JudeB
Imagineer

JudeB's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 3
Mobile

Very useful information, thanks. My son is gluten intolerant and my future son-in-law is coeliac, so this will be very helpful for our holiday next year.

Tags
dining, gluten free, special diets